Anyone got "." for neutral feedback? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 04-26-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Anyone got "." for neutral feedback?

Yep, I got it.
Just a sweet little . dot with no words to express.
Neutral feedback so that was a neutral dot.

I actually get the impression that this is not rare as I happened to come across it on another seller's feedback too.
Also neutral and just said .

I wonder how many people actually received the . as neutral or negative or even positive feedback?

Anyway, I contacted the buyer and asked if there's anything that he's not happy with and if I can help him with anything.
No reply.
Oh well... .
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-26-2012

Longevity: 79%

Never got them myself.

I've seen a few people with them

Old 04-26-2012

Longevity: 78%

Yea i got one in the past. Its nothing bad. I wouldn't even care to contact the buyer if he left that. Its just a dot. I would leave him a positive and say " here is two .. for you "
Old 04-27-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopHole View Post
Yea i got one in the past. Its nothing bad. I wouldn't even care to contact the buyer if he left that. Its just a dot. I would leave him a positive and say " here is two .. for you "
You got it for neutral or positive?
I wouldn't mind if it was positive, but mine was neutral so its slightly disturbing.
Neutrals are seen as negative in general. :(

So I see from the responses that they are rather common.
I wonder what comes to mind when people see them.
What does the . mean to you?
What do you think they are trying to say?

You see, to me, if it was positive, I would interpret it as someone just wanted to rate the transaction as positive and has no further comments. That's fine.

But if its neutral or negative, its kinda disturbing to me because its like saying something, but yet not saying anything.... if you get what I mean.
Its like when someone is mad at you and they don't wanna tell you why and they don't wanna talk to you; they give you the cold shoulder to send the message that they are mad at you.
And that's just it.

Last edited by BubbleTea; 04-27-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 04-27-2012

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 89%

This feedback system sucks for sellers BIG TIME.

We don't have the chance to do anything about it.

Some buyers just leave neg feedback for something so small, and neutral is still look has a negative.
The Following User Says Thank You to eternity4u For This Useful Post:
Javelin (04-29-2012)
Old 04-27-2012

Longevity: 84%

ive had the . too but for a neg even worse
Old 04-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Same has happened to all of us - I tend to focus on just getting MORE positives - one blip is not much in the long run....IF you plan for long run.
Old 04-27-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by they_screwed_me_too View Post
ive had the . too but for a neg even worse
So they screwed you too.
It's hard to deal with a . because you have no idea what's wrong, especially if they are ignoring your mails.
If they had stated a reason, you can resolve the issue with them and come to an agreement about revising the feedback.
But a . is like... plain unhappy?? :>
Also if there is a comment, you can add your reply to it and prospective buyers can see if it is not your fault.
But a . .... how to reply to that?
Old 04-27-2012

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleTea View Post
You got it for neutral or positive?
I wouldn't mind if it was positive, but mine was neutral so its slightly disturbing.
Neutrals are seen as negative in general. :(

So I see from the responses that they are rather common.
I wonder what comes to mind when people see them.
What does the . mean to you?
What do you think they are trying to say?

You see, to me, if it was positive, I would interpret it as someone just wanted to rate the transaction as positive and has no further comments. That's fine.

But if its neutral or negative, its kinda disturbing to me because its like saying something, but yet not saying anything.... if you get what I mean.
Its like when someone is mad at you and they don't wanna tell you why and they don't wanna talk to you; they give you the cold shoulder to send the message that they are mad at you.
And that's just it.

If its a neutral and it says something that shows the buyer as unhappy or unsatisfied then yes i do contact them and i basically suck up to them and try my best to get them to change it. Most of the time it works and sometimes it doesn't.

But if its a neutral with just a dot i could careless. Think like this... your a buyer.. you click on someones feedback. You all all positives with good feedback and then you see a netural with a dot... what do u think of it???? cuz i think nothing of it. I could care less if the seller has a neutral with a dot.... Most likely 99% of your buyers will not see that dot as something bad or something that will make them re-think about buying from you.

Dont worry about it. Negatives are the ones you should really worry about. Those things hurrrrttttt.

But then again... it all depends on what type of negative you get... some negatives will not affect your sales what so ever... i got 2 negs on one account and they absolutely do not affect my sales at all. You just have to be really smart with the way you reply to them.
Old 04-27-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopHole View Post
If its a neutral and it says something that shows the buyer as unhappy or unsatisfied then yes i do contact them and i basically suck up to them and try my best to get them to change it. Most of the time it works and sometimes it doesn't.

But if its a neutral with just a dot i could careless. Think like this... your a buyer.. you click on someones feedback. You all all positives with good feedback and then you see a netural with a dot... what do u think of it???? cuz i think nothing of it. I could care less if the seller has a neutral with a dot.... Most likely 99% of your buyers will not see that dot as something bad or something that will make them re-think about buying from you.

Dont worry about it. Negatives are the ones you should really worry about. Those things hurrrrttttt.

But then again... it all depends on what type of negative you get... some negatives will not affect your sales what so ever... i got 2 negs on one account and they absolutely do not affect my sales at all. You just have to be really smart with the way you reply to them.
Yeah, I agree with you.
I know the neutral . isn't likely to hurt my selling much.
Its more of being disturbing on a personal level... its just me lol.
When I see the . , I just think WTF?!?

Negatives sure are worrying but I got over that too.
I used to be so afraid of getting negatives that my heart would skip a few beats while waiting for the feedback page to load.
Now I take it easier and I just deal with the buyers if I get a negative.
I've managed to get them remove the negatives so far and I have 0.
It's painful and scary to lose that 100% but I figured I can't live my life in fear of negatives.
So I'm real chill now when I load the feedback page and if the negatives are still 0, I treat it as a bonus.

Yes, I've also found that having a little negatives does not have a big impact on your sales. In fact, I've had some comments which I thought it's game over for selling that product but the product sales turned out to be unaffected.
Old 04-27-2012

Longevity: 80%

I got one of these awhile back. I really hate ppl who does that as it explains NOTHING!
Old 04-27-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
I got one of these awhile back. I really hate ppl who does that as it explains NOTHING!
I'M WITH YOU!
And I find it so retarded.
Are you too retarded to be able to comment?!?
Oh, maybe they are dyslexic.