Can competitors get you suspended? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Question Can competitors get you suspended?

How would they do it and how would you protect yourself from it?

From what I see, Aspkin covers this in his book, so I figured it would be covered here.

Tx.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-27-2008

Longevity: 93%

did u see the report button on the bottom of the pages?

they can report u for any excuses which bring huge risk to your listings..

there is no way to protect yourself from being reported unless u r selling some legal items.

that's all i know..
Old 03-27-2008

This exact thing just happened to me. I had a pair of shoes I wanted to sell and I was checking out the completed listings to see what to list them for. I noticed several of the listings were purchased by the same ebay member. When I looked into it further I noticed that he also sold similar products and was buying them, not paying, and leaving nasty feedback about the shoes being ⊗⊗⊗⊗. When I finally listed my shoes I blocked him from bidding on them. When he could'nt bid he started sending me nasty messages in the form of ask the seller a question. Within hours ALL of the items I had listed were ended by ebay. I tried to explain to them and offered to provide receipts but of course they did'nt want to hear it. When I looked at the loosers feed back he had 22 negatives from buying and not paying in a row. I complained about him serveral times and he was finally suspended but I am sure he will get a new user id and continue to harass me and the other people he's been harassing. I don't even know what to do about it!
Old 03-27-2008

Longevity: 98%

I was making a new eBay account yesterday and couldn't come up with a good user ID that wasn't already taken, so I got bored and started to check funny names. I tried "christiansoftware" and it said that someone had already taken it and I thought, "wtf, what kind of christian software someone would be selling?" I checked this user (myworld.ebay.com/christiansfotware) and all feedback that he had was 47(!) negative comments from the same seller for whom this guy left negatives. So some competitors are really nuts and will do anything to suspend you, even will be laughing doing it.

The moral is don't piss anyone off and make sure you make completely different listings so your competitors don't recognize you.
Old 03-27-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

the cutthroat world of eBay
Old 03-29-2008

I have to say the whole competitor bs is very aggrivating these people are sad and at the end of the day I laugh at them because those sort of people depend on ebay for their very livelyhood and at the moment the ebay ride comes to an end (and it will one day) they will vanish wither up and die. They know no other methods of marketing and selling online and therefor depend on ebay to move any product. I use ebay but dont need it there are plenty of ways to get product off online but ebay is the easiest and yeilds the highest profits thats all. I do have to admit though when I see someone selling the same thing as me for slightly higher or lower or the same price it doesent bother me at all, I figure let the better advertising win, but when i see some idiot no money makin ass no life penny penching loser desperate to make a dime who decides to undercut the market value drasticly just so he can make a few sales, when the moron could of made the same ammount with a quarter of the product! it pisses me off so bad suspending is the last thing on my mind Id rather shoot them dead at their desk seriously. Competition is a fact and part of life anywhere and in order to peacefully coexsist a unspokin rule must be followed that means you must respect the market value of your product. If your competitors are selling lawnmowers for 600 bucks and you see thats the relative market value and you want to undercut them then fine sell for 550 maybe even 500 but dont list a hundred damn lawnmowers for 80 bucks a piece I dont give a damn if theyre real or not its stupid and destroys the market for sellers. If you tried that in the diamond industry im sure youd probbly be hunted down and murdered in cold blood like you deserve.
Old 03-29-2008

i thought you weren't bothered by these sellers? maybe you should take your violent rants somewhere else.
Old 03-29-2008

there is a report button at the bottom, thats how they report you, get enough reports and your gone, you could get suspended even if you get 1 report if your a newbie, there is no really way of protecting yourself.
Old 03-30-2008

well tdell maybe if you read my post youd see Im not bothered by other sellers comp is comp and long as everyone plays by the rules all is good. these people i am refering to are NOT sellers they are not business people they are peices of trash no life ignorant idiots and nothing more, their lifes are worth absoloutly nothing and they have no respect for market stability they just figure they will flood the market with their crap and therefor 1. lower the value of the general product 2. bring massive heat and attention to the cattigory from veros and 3. Unstabilize the market they are selling in by selling their merchandise for outlandishly low prices like 150-300 dollor shoes for 30 bucks its disgusting when petty people attempt to go into business, I honestly dont understand what they hope to accomplish except for pissing off real business people, I mean you cant even pay rent on that kinda chump change.
Old 03-30-2008

i'll make sure not to read any more of your posts, because rage and negativity are things i try and stay away from.
Old 03-30-2008

great and good luck to you on your long ignorant journey for the lack of truth. I dont make things how they are they just are.
Old 03-30-2008

you're a very hateful person. i feel sorry for you.
Old 03-30-2008

well im very happy for you and glad you were lucky enough to be born in the care free happy go lucky everythings ok love everyone world you think you belong to but that aint reality sir, Im 22 years old black n self made with a 6 figure income from 4th ward atlanta and iv adapted in environments youd drive around the city to avoid. I watch nigerians and jamaicans sell 3-400 dollor designer clothing and thousands of dollors worth knock off jewlry on cleveland ave discount mall for pennys damn near just to get raided on friday, pay off and back to business by monday putting local struggling businesses out of business because nobody can compete with 200 dollar shoes or clothing for 20 bucks. So until you speak to them dont tell me bout rage because ill look like mr rogers. Anybody doing any real business will understand exactly what I was saying wich is that in any market there needs to be respect for the market value especially for instance on ebay with vero items. Foriegners who werent used to making 20 dollars a week in their home land will gladely undercut everyone else by 50-60% and sell their product for 20 bucks a peice and thank their dear god above for the 5 petty bucks they just made, but my point is everytime this happens a market is destroyed when everyone could of happily coexisted if they played by the rules.
Old 03-30-2008

Longevity: 95%

Thread Closed.. Beginning a Name calling/ Derog --not what boards are for.
Internetceo- You have been sent a warning.