Ebay's New Feedback Policy, Buyers Using As Weapon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-30-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Ebay's New Feedback Policy, Buyers Using As Weapon

i just receive my first threat/blackmail email from a idiotic buyer. the guy was unhappy with the product, and left me a couple of neutrals. never contacted. i always give refunds when a buyer is unhappy, and i let them keep the product. so i leave him a negative for no communication. then i do a feedback withdrawl request. this really ticked him off.

he just sent me an email saying he just heard about ebay's new feedback policy and he is going to exploit it to the fullest and leave me a negative every week all summer long. i have him blocked, but i'm sure he may have other accounts.

he knows i can't leave any negatives back for him, but i guess he doesn't know about the non-paying buyer thing.

i'm sure this will be just the start with buyers doing the same thing. i reported this guy to ebay, but i'm sure they won't do anything.

it's going to be really hard to keep up a good seller rating with this garbage feedback system ebay has implemented.

has anyone else experienced anything similar.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-30-2008

I thought this doesn't start until May? Am I wrong? Wow that does suck!
Old 03-30-2008

I rarely get an unhappy customer, but recently I had one for a cracked CD case (I stated it in the listing) he was upset because of this? It costs 50cents to replace. He left me a neg so I left one back (It was his 3rd fb all together) filed a mutual withdrawal and he accepted...but it sounds like this guy is all talk...

we shouldn't waste time worrying about these idiots...its gonna happen but yeah its supposed to start in May and if you file for non payment and they don't pay then the neg gets removed...
Old 03-30-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI: I guess my only recourse will be paying Square Trade. Most likely their fees will go up.. so in the end---EBAY ends up boosting Square Trades Profits--maybe this was the plan all along?
Old 03-30-2008
Threadstarter  

sorry if i didn't explain clearly enough. the buyer said once the new policy starts he will take full advantage of it, and try to ruin me.

he probably is all talk, but there are some crazies out there who go over the top to try and get even.
Old 03-30-2008

Yeah hopefully they will forget about it if eb implements this new policy..
Old 03-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

another ebay nut it seems, its unbelievable how many idoits use ebay. a majority of these people are probably illiterate or redneck hillbilly's.
Old 03-31-2008

Longevity: 98%

Does the guy specifically say he will use multiple accounts to neg you or just try to neg you with the same account? You have to ask him this until he answers. Ask through ebay. If he admits to doing something illegal, report him.
Old 03-31-2008
Threadstarter  

he didn't say anything about multiple accounts. i think he will just use his one account, which i have already blocked.

does anyone know how to retrieve the email header for a gmail account? ebay is requesting that info for the report i made.
Old 03-31-2008

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdell View Post
does anyone know how to retrieve the email header for a gmail account? ebay is requesting that info for the report i made.
Go into your Gmail like you are reading the email. Look to the right where the date and time are. There is a reply button and a downward arrow to the right of that. Click the area and choose show original.

Hope that helps
Old 03-31-2008
Threadstarter  

thanks, SillyMe, that worked perfectly.
Old 03-31-2008

Twdell, GOOD luck. I had a similar experience myself, and got absolute nowhere.
Some idiot bought an item off me, claimed it wasn't as described, and negged me. So, I negged him back.

He sent me many abusive emails saying if I didn't retract the feedback, he'd do even more damage to my feedback. However, I ignored this. Anyway, had this new account under the name of something like "toldyoucannotrun" buy my item, he PAID, so I refunded payment. Anyway, received a neg from him. He had the SAME address as the last account, and send me ANOTHER abusive email. I explained the situation to ebay, sent them all email headers of the message, told them about matching address AND paypal email, but the neg was not removed. Nor was that account suspended.

So good luck, feedback removal was a dead end for me.
Old 03-31-2008
Threadstarter  

i pretty much figured that was going to be the case. i'm sure if someone reported a seller to ebay as a previous suspended account ebay would act quickly. i'll waste my time and give it a try any way.