Hi all..Another banned newbie - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 06-07-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Hi all..Another banned newbie

Hi all, great forum here and lots of useful info..

A quick intro from me..I'm a recently banned member. Had been an Ebay user for 11 years then this year I started getting sloppy on sending out my items on time(yes i regret it now!) so Ebay put a 3 item per month seller limit on my account with no email warning. I then sold a couple of small items and decided it would be a good idea to get my act together and send them out AS SOON as i received payment. Got very good feedback, so the next month was expecting to be able to sell another 3 items but my limit had been changed to a big fat zero, again no advance warning. Emailed customer support who say I am banned indefinitely, replied and expplained I sold 2 items and sent them out promptly but Ebay will not budge! I can still use my account for buying however..

Now I realise Stealth is the way forward..I am currently familiarising myself with the apporach and not rushing...my starting point however is that I'm going to buy a cheap laptop, an internet dongle (02 have some very cheap deals). Basically this laptop will ONLY be used for my stealth account and nothing else at all. In the meantime I am still planning and thinking about the other factors, e.g - new bank a/c and paypal accounts. My issue though is I only have the one address..thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-07-2012

Longevity: 84%

welcome to the forums

i had an account VERY VERY similar to this - move on

dongles are good do some research as to which one, new laptop also a good idea

BUT you may not need to buy anything, you could work with the tools you have quite well

read the book and search the forums for info

good luck
Old 06-07-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 68%

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes I'm guessing I could just buy a dongle and use it on my existing PC but create a separate Windows login - that way the cookies will not be the same and the MAC and IP address will change since I am not accessing the internet via my wireless NIC card. However, my PC host name will still be the same and I'm worried it'll get flagged :-(
Old 06-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - all the best.
Old 06-08-2012

Longevity: 71%

Welcome to the forum...Good Luck
Old 06-08-2012

Longevity: 69%

Hello and welcome to the forums..Why go to the expense of buying a dongle?if you have a contract with unlimited internet (most do now standard) you can tether using your android, iphone or blackberry? thats a possibility..but theres also pay as you go dongles available cheap everywhere in the UK from argos to online..do that..do your research and make a plan before anythings implemented first..the common mistake i see and hear from friends and newbies is rushing into a stealth..like i always say ebay/paypal is like a woman..you got take your time..respect her..do your research..and then go in for the kill..as for your worry with pc host name all of this is covered in the ebay stealth guide..i would advice buying it!! :D
Old 06-08-2012

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

welcome to thee forum

all the best as you learn stealth and beat them
Old 06-08-2012

Longevity: 76%

You dont really need to buy anything except the stealth guide, my best advice is get the guide!!, I was in your boat little over a year ago!, now I have many stealth accs and paypals running well.

Oh and listen to what people say here, esp the experienced members they know what they are talking about.
Old 06-11-2012

Longevity: 69%

1. Be very careful using your iphone or android smartfone as remember that these also have a unique ip (assuming you are connecting automatically to your house "wireless" when in the house - as opposed to the 3g network when roaming. The ip address of the house will therefore be showing and if you've ever had ebya/paypal apps on the phone and you reaccess your new **** account with the same phone and ip yo9u'll get linked. This is a schoolboy error and can get you linked if your not on the ball. Personally - i always turn off my wireless on my phone if i'm accessing **** stuff...just in case.

2. You need to read the ***** guide. I can see that you obv have this already and have addressed a couple of points. The new user yes. Also be aware of flash cookies. Re cookies i 'll add people have different experiences. Some leave them on each different user account, some delete. I'm currently doing both and both work fine....again, as long as you're razor sharp. Be aware of gmail beacons, ebay beacons, flash cookies, normal cookies obviously depending on what way you go.

3. You need to read up on banking options and card options. Lately (and i mean in the last few days) there have been a couple of concerning developments with a certain previously thought of solid bank account. I'm becoming more aware of these methods being burned so maybe pm. All easily searchable though with that button.

4. Address wise - bit more challenging. You need to understand how addresses fit into the whole verification system. e.g. address is a function of verification, however, certain cards make that function obselte. Again, research - it's here. Or PM. Re. new Bank account addresses matching your current one (yes this will link you) howver, what's to say you don't decide to move the day after you open your account. Get creative.

5. Let the dust settle. Creat a plan and send it to some of the legend son here; GranyT, rsot; Bunneh; imakemoney; GTB.....Sorry if i've missed people off. They'll help you if you do your research - if you don't people don't want to tell you things you could have found out by researching....it's very frustrating i know - but do the reading and it will work out.
Old 07-02-2012

Longevity: 86%

^^wwhat he said

Address wise, think outside the box, u ever moved house?
Old 07-04-2012

Longevity: 79%

Hello

Yer think outside a box, that way you will never be boxed in

i crack me up tut

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
Elijah (09-09-2012)
Old 07-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Crack as a solution - ok
Old 07-05-2012

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB