Ebay/Paypal stealth shipping? How does it work? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-09-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Ebay/Paypal stealth shipping? How does it work?

Ok, so thank you guys(girls) on here for all your help. It has been awesome all the info with the ebay and paypal stealth guides i have gotten! I love it so much!

I have a question lets say I open up a stealth ebay/paypal and i get a p.o. box as address.

1. when i use a name for my new ebay/paypal

- say my real name is taylor stevenson (suspensed name address etc) I set the p.o. box under this name.

- my new ebay/paypal stealth is a name variation so tyler stevenson

-i use different ip, bank, address (p.o. box) etc.

will the p.o. box except my mail if it comes as tyler instead of taylor?

or what if when i shipped items to my self on ebay i use my ebay id for example in ebay/ paypal checkout my address

icecream15 (my new ebay id)
235 W. washington street #123
weather, ca 90170

my ebay registered address:
tyler stevenson
weather, ca 90170

would ebay limit me for that?

Or what about just shipping in ebay as

t stevenson
weather, ca 90170

would ebay/paypal frown upon that? or would the Post office send my mail back?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-09-2012

Longevity: 75%

Wait, you have one of those personal P. O. boxes? I don't know about that part.

But in general, the answer is YES. If you bring stuff to the post office, they may ask questions. Its actually BETTER if you use an entirely different name for the return address, then you can simply explain that if the mail gets returned, you want it returned to your shipping department/shipper etc. However that brings me to a good point...

You CAN receive mail if its addressed to Tyler when your name is Taylor. Hell, they might just think its a typo. BUT you have to keep in mind, you're technically stealing Tylers mail which is a federal offense.

If you start to buy more expensive, big stuff with signature confirmation it can get VERY risky because they wont just drop it off at your door.

You CANNOT pick up your mail at the post office because they will ask you for your ID. They MAY be skeptical if its addressed to T Stevenson. Although, they will likely have no problem with that, it sounds like a good bet.

In general, you want to get the mail DELIVERED to you because the mail carrier doesn't give a crap who its addressed to. Even if you have to sign for it. But at the post office they WILL ID you.
You can schedule redeliveries online if you miss a package, that works. I actually went into the post office once to get a package with a different name on it, and they didn't give it to me, and I scheduled a redelivery online and got it. You only have 3 chances though. So I say, it is risky to do.

Hope this helps.

One more thing, I am lucky enough to have 2 last names, but I have been putting the same name from my original account on a secondary address, with the street name and number on different lines, haven't gotten limited, no issues. Though I know most people wouldn't recommend this.
Old 06-10-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

what about shipping using my ebay id as the name that i ship to? Instead of say a real name tyler stevenson at check out i user my id in that place icecream15
Old 06-10-2012

Longevity: 75%

If you do that I'd imagine you wont be able to sign for or pick up packages at the post office without having an interesting conversation with your local postmaster first.
Old 06-10-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I told them it was my ebay business name and they said it was fine and i wrote it under one of the notes(about who the shipment goes to) But would ebay limited or suspend me, what about paypal?