Seems like you guys are saying EVERYTHING is a DEAD END! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-04-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Unhappy Seems like you guys are saying EVERYTHING is a DEAD END!

I list what Aspkin says below.

But I have read here that Paypal will limit you and want your SS#. OK, so you give it to them. If that SS# was ever associated on any account before, wouldn't they automatically link it to that Paypal account and consequently to any EBAY account ever associated with that Paypal account? Meaning you get one shot and one shot only with your SS#?

And you say to use Merchant Accounts, but I keep reading here that you cannot use a Merchant Account anymore on new accounts.

And Modee just keeps repeating the mantra Paypal is a dead end.

So, if Paypal is a dead end, and will eventually lead to your suspension no matter what (especially once they get a social security number that existed on a prior Paypal account), and new EBAY accounts cannot use merchant accounts, what do you do? It seems like there is no way to EVER get back on EBAY if all these statements are true. So what is the deal?

Below is what Aspkin says, which seems contradictory to other statements being made here regarding merchant accounts not being available for new accounts and how to deal with the SS# problem at Paypal.

Tx

8. Pick – use a Merchant account or Paypal

This is probably the biggest decision you'll have to make. To go with Paypal, risk being limited or linked. Or go with a Merchant account and all the extra work to make it useable on eBay. Let me make it a little easier. If you're a small seller, and you don't have a lot of eBay accounts. Stick with Paypal. If you sell a lot, and have multiple eBay accounts you'll most likely need a Merchant Account.

Paypal: Sign up for a Paypal account using a new bank account (ING.com) and giftcard (simon.com). Use the same account details you have for eBay and you're usually good to go. International sellers will have to select other options for their bank account and giftcard.

Merchant Account: Sign up for a merchant account (Merchant Plus) and fax in required documents to eBay. Setup Auctivia tokens and you're set. There are a lot of options for a merchant account and some extra steps you need to take in order for them to work with eBay. Read this forum for more information: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/merchant-accounts/. Or get all the details now at http://www.auctionstealth. com
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-04-2008

Longevity: 95%

EBAS:

Youve got to read between the lines, Youve got to use some Common Sense.

a.) Paypal is accepted + always will be--BUT, it is NOT advised as you WILL be eventually limited.
b.) YES- merchant accts are better- BUT.. you must either:
1. have an ebay acct created prior to 11/20/2007
OR:
after u get your merchant acct approved- fax all supporting docs into ebay and wait for their approval..

Thats it..really pretty simple.. NOW-- is someone gonna do all this for you? I doubt it.. U are in business for yourself-- Youve gotta help yourself, use the tools you find here and apply them..
Good Luck !
Old 04-04-2008
Threadstarter  

Default But if I have a merchant account and fax all info to EBAY...

and the merchant account is legitimate, it will tell them who I am. So my false address and name registered on EBAY won't match the merchant account.

So it sounds like you are saying screwed on Paypal because you will be linked and/or limited, and screwed on a Merchant account because you have to tell EBAY exactly who you are to use one.

And I never asked anyone here to do anything for me. I just posed the question, and I really do appreciate your response.
Old 04-04-2008

HI: It just sounded like you are way overwhelmed with it all..

--Break it down, simple.
Create your merchant acct- i.e. Rogers Antiques and Goodies,LLC.
234 main street Suite 56 New york, NY 10012 (its a ups store suite)

NOW-- your 1st ebay acct is maybe:
Rogers Goodys
Your 2nd ebay acct is maybe
Rogers Stuff
Your 3rd ebay acct is maybe
Rogers Emporium..
--Your Legit bank acct is under your llc name, your merch acct is under your llc legit name--The Patriot act requires it..

--Now, you can also accept money orders fro all 3 ebay accts in any of the variations, still under that 1 umbrella, bank acct and deposit them all..

Ebay will ONLY see: Rogers xxxxxxxxxx LLC.
on your merch acct..

Does this pull it together for you?
Old 04-04-2008
Threadstarter  

Default Much better thanks...

but it says I have to be legitimately registered as a business to do it. Can't just make that stuff up can I?

So, to do business legitimately, I need to create the business, get a state tax ID, open a bank account in the business's name, and then, I can use EBAY again.

Whew.

Of course I am overwhelmed!! All I did before was accept Paypal. LOL.
Old 04-04-2008

OR---- Buy a Pre 11/2007 acct from Modee. You do NOT need to accept paypal with those accts.. you can check off the box--merch acct and sell-- then, use whatever method u want--i.e. google checkout some people using--but ebay doesnt sanction it--u gotta do it on the q.t..
Old 04-04-2008

Longevity: 94%

You can always create your Paypal account but never use it, and send invoices to your buyers from a Paypal alternative like Ccnow...
Old 04-04-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

There are many ways to accept payments from eBay ebayaintstupid. It's up to you to find which is best for you. For me since I know my way around eBay and Paypal pretty well, since they're easier to work with I would choose them without a merchant account. That's my setup right now. EBay with a Paypal account. I have merchant accounts too but I'm not selling so much that I need to go through faxing documents to get approved. Even so my account is grandfathered in where I don't need to fax anything in, yet I don't use a merchant account.

Anyway if I were to use a Merchant account, I would fax in modified merchant statements and use Auctivia to auto invoice. But then you can do like thelizardking suggested and forget all that and just send CCNow invoices to the buyers, which the buyer can pay using Paypal, without any issues at all.

Modee says Paypal is a dead end. For some people it is. But if you don't sale a lot and you become verified and confirmed before using the account, you won't have a lot of problems with Paypal. To this day I use Paypal. I had a friend of mine send me $1000 to one of my accounts today. No issue what so ever.

I think your problem is getting started. Stop reading the forums and get started with whatever you want to do. Just act more and stop thinking so hard about things. If you mess up, it's not the end of the world. Just try again until you get things right.
Old 04-05-2008

Longevity: 98%

aspkin what about how gaypal demands your SS# ?
Old 04-05-2008
Threadstarter  

Default Aspkin, when you say become confirmed and verified before...

using the acount, do you mean just verifying the bank account and confirming your email?

What have people found the upper limit to be dollar wise? I am hearing $500.

And finally, if an ebay account is suspended tied to a paypal account, should you discard that paypal account regardless of its standing with paypal or can you reuse it with the new email address?

Thank you so much. I appreciate your help on this. After getting 14 accounts suspended within 2-3 days after having them all up for over a year, I am at the end of my rope. So I am trying to be very slow and methodical.
Old 04-05-2008

Longevity: 93%

Have 2 new eb & matching pp accounts up, running & thank GOD selling for almost 1-month now.

Both pp accounts have been verified through bank, confirmed email but since there in no valid ss and/or cc for right now, I am limited on both at the $500 mark. BUT...with 2 pp accounts, I am really limited at the $1,000 mark

I have an old EB account tied to a PP account & NO, you can't simply change the email address on that suspended account; it simply can't be used any longer w/EB. I use that PP account for purchases online but never for EB.
Old 04-05-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
aspkin what about how gaypal demands your SS# ?
I haven't had that issue with any of my new Paypal accounts. Even so there are ways around it.
Old 04-05-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayaintstupid View Post
using the acount, do you mean just verifying the bank account and confirming your email?

What have people found the upper limit to be dollar wise? I am hearing $500.

And finally, if an ebay account is suspended tied to a paypal account, should you discard that paypal account regardless of its standing with paypal or can you reuse it with the new email address?

Thank you so much. I appreciate your help on this. After getting 14 accounts suspended within 2-3 days after having them all up for over a year, I am at the end of my rope. So I am trying to be very slow and methodical.
Confirm email; add a bank account & a credit card to your PayPal account. Use Simon and ING for this. It works.

And yes, if your eBay account is suspended, you'll need to discard the attached Paypal account, you can't use it again with eBay or it will link you.

I recommend ING because you can create tons of savings accounts on the fly with them; and Simon because they're cheap and you can get it by email. Or use any prepaid, cc card that you haven't used with eBay yet.