1000+ Royal Mail workers sacked in the last 2 years - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 02-02-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default 1000+ Royal Mail workers sacked in the last 2 years

Did anyone see the recent report in the papers about the shed load of royal mail workers sacked for stealing mail.

It just goes to show that dreaded message we recieve when a buyer claims to have 'not received' there item might actually be true.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-04-2012

Longevity: 78%

I'm sure that there are plenty of ways to get away with this stuff. Especially on international packages. If there is no tracking number or insurance purchased good luck on doing anything about it. Its pretty much a lost case.
Old 02-05-2012

Longevity: 79%

I actually know someone who got sacked my royal mail and yes he used steal peoples mail but he also told me he was only one of the few who got caught, meaning many others still get away with it, this comes as no surprise hopefully they've tighten up their security or perhaps their just trying to portray this by sacking 1000+ we'll never really know truth sadly.
Old 02-05-2012

Longevity: 73%

Is it royal mail stealing the post though or scamming buyers saying they havent recieved stuff, alot of times when i havent put the tracking info in paypal , i get messages from buyers saying not recieved.

I message back saying i will just check the postage details now and send you the info,every single time no reply from the buyer jus posative feedback

I aint a grass but i hate scammers especially french ones.I was checking feedback from a big ebay store about a item that was a return, they sell huge ammounts of stock so they wouldnt of noticed, but they had some french person buying the same item over and over again and saying they hadnt recieved it .

Lets just say that frog aint a ebay member no more and i got store credit .
Old 02-05-2012

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
Is it royal mail stealing the post though or scamming buyers saying they havent recieved stuff, alot of times when i havent put the tracking info in paypal , i get messages from buyers saying not recieved.

I message back saying i will just check the postage details now and send you the info,every single time no reply from the buyer jus posative feedback

I aint a grass but i hate scammers especially french ones.I was checking feedback from a big ebay store about a item that was a return, they sell huge ammounts of stock so they wouldnt of noticed, but they had some french person buying the same item over and over again and saying they hadnt recieved it .

Lets just say that frog aint a ebay member no more and i got store credit .
Yeah i'm sure there are people on eBay who are just simply there to get free items by claiming an item ain't reached them, specially easier with bigger companies since they don't really care. Sometimes it's genuine losses due to *postal workers*. But it's usually easy to figure out buyers who lie just check the feedback they receive/send and you'll soon find out what type of buyer they are.

Bigger companies on eBay our real stupid and almost encourage i'd say, i actually recently had a faulty headset sent to me by a bigger company on eBay and i messaged them about it, i was sent a new pair the same week no questions asked? i was shocked they didn't even ask me to return it. I'm not the type of person to lie and abuse the system, but i can definitely see a loop hole for sad people to rip off sellers.
Old 02-08-2012
Threadstarter  

i also have had buyers say they have not recieved and without tracking it is very difficult to prove it wasnt delivered.

I just tell them to wait the 15 days royal mail state it takes to class as 'missing' then if they still contact me after 15 days i often say i will contact the police and get a crime number as it may be a corupt mail worker in there area.

Amazingly on the 16th day the parcel turns up and i get positive feedback.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to clapclap For This Useful Post:
BubbleTea (04-26-2012), eternity4u (04-29-2012), GreenBean (02-08-2012), zzzz (02-08-2012)
Old 04-26-2012

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggesmalls View Post
Oh... that is an idea.
I get LOTS of these item not received emails. Sighhh.

Can you tell me how does your strategy work?
You said you will check postage details and send them the info.
But you have no postage details or info to send them if you haven't got tracking.
So if a buyer really did not get the item and you did not supply the info you said you would, they will be rather unhappy and may give you a negative or low DSR?
Old 04-29-2012

Well to beat this always send the item at least recorded or royal mail track and trace..then you have evidence of postage.what i do anwyay
Old 05-26-2012

I lost a whole sack of mail last week, all the ebay buyers clailming they hadn't received it were genuine as all the lost items were posted on the same day. A whole sack, and now we can't claim either. Royal Mail needs shooting.
Old 05-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsock View Post
I lost a whole sack of mail last week, all the ebay buyers clailming they hadn't received it were genuine as all the lost items were posted on the same day. A whole sack, and now we can't claim either. Royal Mail needs shooting.
You can always claim up to £42 (Without Insurance) if you have indeed mailed the items and have still got the receipt to prove you posted it. It does not need to be a tracked item either.

Although you have to wait 15 working days after posting before doing this.
And i also see you cant claim up to 2 years anymore its going down to 3-6 months now.
Old 05-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
You can always claim up to £42 (Without Insurance) if you have indeed mailed the items and have still got the receipt to prove you posted it. It does not need to be a tracked item either.

Although you have to wait 15 working days after posting before doing this.
And i also see you cant claim up to 2 years anymore its going down to 3-6 months now.
Should be £60 now (100 times price of a 1st class stamp).
Old 05-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Should be £60 now (100 times price of a 1st class stamp).
Sweet!

Only about a handful of the parcels i have posted in the last week have been signed for.
The rest say 'progressing through the network for delivery'
I paid for first class recorded delivery.
Do you think i could claim on the ones that have not been signed for?
Old 05-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Sweet!

Only about a handful of the parcels i have posted in the last week have been signed for.
After 3 weeks from date of posting - yes.
Old 05-26-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Sweet!

So potentially there is a way from making money from royal mail .

If the postman does not get a signature and it remains un-signed for after 3

weeks a claim could be put in.

That way we would get our money back from the recent huge price hike
Old 05-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapclap View Post
So potentially there is a way from making money from royal mail .

If the postman does not get a signature and it remains un-signed for after 3

weeks a claim could be put in.

That way we would get our money back from the recent huge price hike
haha yea :D

Thats what makes me angry the most, They put the price up A LOT and
yet there service is worse than rubbish.

Some sellers dont want to go through the hassle of claiming from royal, and some buyers will take advantage of non signing for an item by claiming non receipt....and then theres the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ negatives they could potentially leave

Just not good..
Old 05-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
some buyers will take advantage of non signing for an item by claiming non receipt....and then theres the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ negatives they could potentially leave.
I am EXACTLY in this predicament at this moment in time.

It is not something I'd normally do but I am going to claim non receipt of this item (even though it has been sent as signed for, no signature was taken) to this seller as they have deliberately sent me an item that is registered & licensed to a corporate client who have administrative privileges over it.

This corporate client whom is detailed on the ownership details on this item, are able to use its remote capabilities as an administrator to control its features & functions including accessing it, erasing & self destruct (via flash memory erasure technology) this particular item remotely.

This item was not even supposed to have been on sale.I am actually suspecting this item is 'lost' property or 'misappropriated' from this US corporate client who, I am certain are unable to account for its whereabouts at this time.

Last edited by SUVE; 05-26-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleTea View Post
Oh... that is an idea.
I get LOTS of these item not received emails. Sighhh.

Can you tell me how does your strategy work?
You said you will check postage details and send them the info.
But you have no postage details or info to send them if you haven't got tracking.
So if a buyer really did not get the item and you did not supply the info you said you would, they will be rather unhappy and may give you a negative or low DSR?
Its worked all the time except once for me and i just sent them anther item and i still made profit and it wasnt worth making a claim for £4,I only send recorded now as i sell items for a higher price and charge the buyers extra for the post

ive only ever had 1 low dsr could be from one of them buyers but i have to much good feedback for scammer buyers to effect me

Last edited by biggesmalls; 06-10-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 06-15-2012
Threadstarter  

I send anything over £10 signed for but i include the price for this in my listing. It seems

more and more people are trying to rip sellers off. I suppose it doesnt take long for joe

bloggs to tell his mate down at the pub that he gets free stuff on Eb by claiming he

hasnt recieved the item, before you know in every chav in the UK knows the scam.
Old 06-15-2012

Longevity: 84%

2 guys from my local depot were jailed about 3 years ago, they were having xbos, ps3's tvs the works and selling them

on ebay ironically

was all over the papers
Old 06-15-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by they_screwed_me_too View Post
2 guys from my local depot were jailed about 3 years ago, they were having xbos, ps3's tvs the works and selling them

on ebay ironically

was all over the papers
?? i dont get what this has to do with the conversation we have been having sorry