Suspended after 9 years of honest selling for no reason by Ebay/vindictive sellers - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-02-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Suspended after 9 years of honest selling for no reason by Ebay Uk

I had been using Ebay UK for 9 years, selling my own items such as old books, comics......, old clothing, unused items for friends and family, buying items cheaply and selling them in the hope of making a profit.....etc

During the 9 years I did come across a few vindictive buyers who seemed like they had a grudge against me, because the wrongly filed item not received claims, I won all the claims because I could prove the buyers had received the item, some buyers tried other methods of keeping the goods and getting a refund, such as a buyer, who somehow filed a chargeback claim, after I sent her a £110 dress, I was gobsmacked when this happened, I was out of pocket by £110 and the buyer got a refund and kept my dress..........etc

Now this is what led to my suspension from Ebay Uk -

I was given a pair of UGG boots for xmas, which I wore during the winter period, now that summer is approaching, I decided I no longer had need for them, so instead of keeping them lying around the house, I decided I would sell them on Ebay UK and try to get whatever money I could for them.

Now this is the really weird part, it seemed like Ebay/or some other seller/buyer was watching my a/c. I put the shoes on for 3 days, 2hrs left for the listing to end, the item is pulled from my listings, o.k I thought, my 1st thought was some seller didn't like me selling my ugg boots cheaper than theirs so they reported me as selling a ⊗⊗⊗⊗, when in fact I even had the original receipt in the listing, this really wound me up and I broke down crying that night.

I had given my Ebay a/c 9 years of hard work to get a rating of nearly 1200, I broke down crying, I couldn't go to sleep the whole night because Ebay is a means of making extra income for me and my daughter and it helps us get by selling whatever items we can buy cheap from sunday markets or from other sellers on Ebay.

Ebay have told me my a/c violatied intellectual property rights " I emailed them and the rights owner telling them these were original and I have the receipt to prove it to them, no reply at all

Now they tell me "your eBay account will only be considered for reinstatement , you've completed our reinstatement process..."

I don't drive, so the only thing I can send them from Group 1 list is Copy of Inland Revenue Tax Notification (is this a p60?) with address showing and from Group 2 a bank statetment, is this correct?

This whole experience, the way I have been harshly treated by Ebay, who have no care for the 9 years it took to get a good seller/buyer rating a/c on Ebay, they just brush me aside, it seems they look after powersellers, who bring them plenty of sales fees everything for them, but little people like me, we are nothing to them

I want my a/c opened again, shall I fax them what they want?, they don't reply to my emails, will doing this unsuspend me?

I would like to open up another a/c because I suspect some seller/previous buyer or even Ebay have some kind of vendetta against me or my a/c, I really don't have a clue, it feels like they are just looking for an excuse to stop me selling on Ebay

Now when/how can I open up a new a/c, since Ebay say 'Members who are suspended are prohibited from registering new accounts with eBay, or using any existing accounts' you can PM me if you wish

I am also getting the Ebook recommened on here, I found this forum by chance and was almost going to buy the ebay sofware from loobay

I know this is a very long post, but I am very upset and still crying and nobody else to talk to, I would appreciate any help that you can give me, lucy
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-02-2008

Longevity: 95%

Lucy, if they have Suspended your account for 1 listing takedown, that sounds a little odd, plenty of people can help and advise here, and the best way to go about things is to be quite open and honest... are you sure this is the 1 and only infringement that you have incurred in 9 years..?>

As regards the faxing in of documents, yes, it won't harm your cause to do as they ask, and "if" it was pulled due to 1 infringement, i would say that your chances are fairly high of reinstatement, i have reinstated several accounts, but backup accounts are a must in the Ebay "game"..

Purchase the Ebook by all means, it has a wealth of facts and procedures to follow, and follow them to the letter... i suggest you firstly take a breath, calm down and gather yourself, it's a shock.. at first, but by no means the end of the earth.. trying to digest and take all the information in whilst upset, is just going to confuse and cloud the issue..

Submit the info they have asked for, and take a few days out to learn.. i kinda think if your story is the whole story, you will have that account reinstated..
Old 04-02-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

scouse12345, I just read your post, I'm sorry I must have been so wound up with what has happened, that I was just steamed ahead with the post without thinking properly about any past suspensions

In the past they suspended me for not paying my seller fees, that went to a debt agency firm. The most recent about 1 week before my suspension were - I tried to help a friend by putting her hair straigtners on for her, these were pulled I think the 2nd day or 1st day of the listing and the boots. I would say during the 9 years, the suspensions in total have been less than 5 times, including going through the vero questionnaire...etc

They used to just pull the listing, but I could still sell without suspension in the I think in the past, I think what led to this real suspension where they ask for documents is the boots and hair straightners which were listed in the same week, They pulled 1 item, I did the vero questionnaire, then I listed my boots after that and that caused it
Old 04-03-2008

Longevity: 98%

Email vero@ebay.com and ask for an employee named "Skyler" (I think that's the person's name). Tell him you have the receipt and can send faxes, digital photos, etc. Ask how you can send them to him; I don't think ebay can take email attachments and I don't know if they can web browse.
Old 04-03-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Email vero@ebay.com and ask for an employee named "Skyler" (I think that's the person's name). Tell him you have the receipt and can send faxes, digital photos, etc. Ask how you can send them to him; I don't think ebay can take email attachments and I don't know if they can web browse.
I emailed ebay vero and also the vero company of the item that was pulled, on the day I was suspended but they have not replied, ebay just said the decision was correct because of trademark violation, i've told them i have the receipt, but they won't reply

I'm sure once they look at my receipt they will unsuspend me, at the moment its like talking to a brick wall - ebay and rights owner
Old 04-03-2008

Longevity: 98%

Put the name Skyler in the subject line like "HEY SKYLER PLEASE READ" or "ATTN SKYLER" then start out that it's to Skyler. Then tell them about sending the receipt to eBay.

If it wasn't eBay that pulled it and if your info is real you could always subpoena the VERO's information, then sue them or something. If you were making a lot of money on eBay and the VERO was wrong I've heard of people having success getting a lawyer after eBay and then suddenly eBay will communicate. A legal battle will win against any ⊗⊗⊗⊗ VEROs and a company doing the VERO will usually run from a legal battle (I think) -- I've heard of where companies have denied being the ones making the VERO complaint when sued and then you take that to eBay and tell them the company says they didn't make the complaint.

I don't know how much you make but you said eBay is a means of income.

I don't know how successful the lawyer thing is but I have known people who it has worked for.
Old 04-03-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Put the name Skyler in the subject line like "HEY SKYLER PLEASE READ" or "ATTN SKYLER" then start out that it's to Skyler. Then tell them about sending the receipt to eBay.

If it wasn't eBay that pulled it and if your info is real you could always subpoena the VERO's information, then sue them or something. If you were making a lot of money on eBay and the VERO was wrong I've heard of people having success getting a lawyer after eBay and then suddenly eBay will communicate. A legal battle will win against any ⊗⊗⊗⊗ VEROs and a company doing the VERO will usually run from a legal battle (I think) -- I've heard of where companies have denied being the ones making the VERO complaint when sued and then you take that to eBay and tell them the company says they didn't make the complaint.

I don't know how much you make but you said eBay is a means of income.

I don't know how successful the lawyer thing is but I have known people who it has worked for.
Do I do this through the ebay itself or just via normal email, yes Ebay is a hobby for me and whatever extra it can bring in, helps me and my daughter, so yes Ebay is a means of some income, not much but something is better than nothing

I sold a prada top with a receipt and some other vero items, these were o.k, but the last week they pulled 3 items down, which led to the suspension

I'll email skyler, see what happens
Old 04-03-2008

Longevity: 94%

reading sad stories like this makes me hate ebay even more and makes me want to hit and run with ebay fees even more lols . Lucy i feel your pain because i felt the same way when my ebay business crashed, your not alone. pretty much everyone in this forum felt the same way too. everyone in this forum is here to help
Old 04-03-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ebay emailed me today and said to email the vero owner, which I have already done 2 times with no reply, I told ebay I could either fax or email the original receipt but they don't want that, my head is just all over the place i can't think straight anymore, feel like taking some pills, but i can't for my daughters sake, i need help to get my a/c open again and to start a fresh a/c, i don't even know how on earth to change the IP on virgin media broadband + netgear wireless router with 2 pc in the house, thats the 1st step and i can't even do that, i'm gonna start crying :(
Old 04-03-2008

ok first u need to clean u cookies heres a program that will do just that.www.stevengould.org - CleanUp! Home
now next u need to change ip address. since you got wireless log on to the wireless router and change the mac address and when it refresh you should get a new ip address. now you getting get a new email , a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, address and register for a new ebay account. from then on NEVRER LOG IN YOUR OLD EBAY OR PAYPAL ACCOUNT AGAIN. this should give you a good start. i say you read the forums and it should give you answers to most of your questions. pm askpin or modee if you have anymore questions
Old 04-03-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Slavaja, the lack of customer service that ebay has shown to me, its lack of caring for its customers - my 9 year old a/c suspended even when i had the original receipt!, has made me now get a fresh a/c, whilst trying to get the 1st one unsuspended

The major problem is changing the IP address, I'm not pc savy, so will PM
and get the eguide tonite and go over that
Old 04-04-2008

Default This might help......

Hello Lucy,

I have some very important information for you. I have been on eBay for 4 to 5 years. I have been an honest seller like yourself. But recently, I started selling UGG boots with one of my eBay accounts. I thought why not, the boots were cheap(from china) and I was making a profit selling them on eBay.

Then about 3 weeks ago, the rights owner, UGG ended all my 15 lisings, and I received an immediate suspension for breaking Intellectual Property Rights. Then the unimaginable happened. 5 days after my account was suspended, they linked all my accounts that I had, via IP address & via PayPal (eBay even wrote me an e-mail saying that I was linking accounts together strongly via PayPal. (I had 5) And they suspended them all. I even had another business account that I use with 1000+ Feedback, I was a powerseller also and I rarely had any problems with eBay, but they linked all the accounts to the suspended account (of the UGG Boots). And they said that they will not reinstate my other accounts until I fix the problems with the first suspended account.

I then sent in the fax, as they advised. Then I received the response within 5 days. "Reinstatement Denied". I was basically screwed, because without reinstating that account, my other accounts were also gone too. I have been trying to contact them for 3 weeks and UGG don't respond, and eBay don't really seem to care. I'm not saying that this might happen in your case, but the best thing to do is send them all the documents that they want, and if you have rarely had any problems with eBay, they should then reinstate your account.

As for me, I told eBay that I want to contest their decision and I asked them to help me contact the rights owner. My demand fell on deaf ears. I still havn't received a response so I do not know if I will get my accounts back.

I also contacted UGG several times and they don't respond. I guess I am going to start e-mailing them 10 times a day, they maybe then might start to respond. I don't think UGG want's any of their item's being sold on eBay, so they will end any item, whether it is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or authentic. (Which is really hard to detect for the UGG Boots).

Anyway....when all my accounts were suspended, I was devistated, I didn't know what to do, I stopped making money. I was a mess, I was stressed out, I think that I might of even cried (I can't remember :'{ ) I even thought about finding a job. I have been working on eBay full time for over 4 years, so to now find a job, that would really hurt.

By chance I found this forum, and I followed all the instructions on here to create a new eBay account without eBay finding out. With a different name, different addres, different PayPal account, different IP address, I was so scared I even used a different computer.

I opened a new account and started selling as I am not sure if they will reinstate my other accounts and eBay has been my job for 4 to 5 years now...

I would suggest you try and get your account re-instated...But if not...leave it and move on...get help from this forum, or even buy the eBook, and you will get yourself back on eBay again, guarenteed.

I really do hope that this information helps in some way because I feel your pain about the suspension with the UGG boots...
Old 04-04-2008

By the way, if you want a new IP Address, you need to sign up for Dail Up internet. They don't cost more than $10 a month. It's a bid slow, but you will have a new IP Address every time you log on. Delete all your cookies in your web browser too. And be carefull that eBay don't link your new a/c to your suspended account or they might suspend you indefinetely....
Old 04-04-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

ebaylivewithitorwithoutit, I had my own used UGG shoes on and these were used, even had the receipt!, but didn't realise it should have been in the picture with the shoes, i've emailed ugg/ebay telling them I have the receipt and I can fax it to them, but they won't listen at all

Going to see if the reinstatement my 9year old a/c

I'm in the UK, so don't know if AOL change the IP everytime you login, could that mean you could open a fresh a/c whenever you wanted without having to do anything to the AOL ip?
Old 04-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

UGG is another company that appears to be throwing its weight around through ebays vero program. There are countless amounts of UGG ⊗⊗⊗⊗ on there all direct from china some even coming with receipt templates, like many companies participating in the vero program, they will have anything taken down as they see fit.

I can understand your pain, like many of us we use ebay for extra income and have all become a victim of ebays bs. stay strong & goodluck
Old 04-05-2008

Hi Lucy,

Even if the boots are original, they don't care...It must be their computer system that automatically screens all UGG listings and then takes down listings and your listing happened to be one of them. (In Australia UGG are a type, style of Boots and have been known for a very long time, but the Dockers Corperation want's complete control of the word's "UGG".)

But I would suggest faxing all your documents first before creating a new eBay account. Go to this website and follow the details:

eBay UK: Rules and Safety Oveview

Also, include a copy of your receipt of the UGG boots. Please let me know what happens also.

If they still don't give you your account back after you've done this then I would suggest paying for another cheap dailup internet plan. In the UK, that would be something like: Dial-up internet access in the UK from the free ISP Freeola. Pay as you go, with no monthly fee or just do a google search of "Cheap dailup internet" or something like that.

If you have a new Dial Up account, eBay can't link you back to your IP Address and each time you use a dial up connection you are assigned a new IP Address, unlike cable internet where you have the same IP address, you will need to also create a new PayPal account and don't link any information on the new account to the suspended account, create a new name and address also. Or you someone's that you know.

Good luck! And I hope it all get's resolved for you....
Old 04-05-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

It doesn't matter if your item is genuine or ⊗⊗⊗⊗, it is easier and cheaper cost for ebay to simply pull your listing regardless the item is real or not, than to investigate and figure out. Like in some recent wars in some parts of the world, it is alot easier and cheaper to kill everyone regardless which side they were on, than to figure out who is who.
Old 04-05-2008

I must say judging from the items you say you sell it sounds like you may be selling replicas knowingly, the hair straighter ugg boots and prada sounds strikingly familiar with a popular china wholesale site oh and incase nobody knows they counterfiet reciepts too, So you may just not be fooling them anymore gotta step up your game.