..Folks--SHIP THOSE GOODS OUT ASAP << Really...:) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-05-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default ..Folks--SHIP THOSE GOODS OUT ASAP << Really...:)

Folks:
I have received so many pms from people getting adverse notices, limitations, etc and it boils down to being S-L-O-W in getting the goods out..

ALL youre gonna do is:
a.) Raise your DSR score to the Max
b.) Have HAPPY customers
c.) Assure your payment processor youre legit.... so its a Win-WIN!!

Customers like their goods..FAST!!!!

--If i could show you--90% of my customers place comments like:
-- "I was no sooner off the phone, and the ups guy was at the door with my mdse"
--"I no sooner pressed the pay now button, and the mdse was here"
--:Lightning fast shipper"
--This gals Faster than my own post office-ordered yesterday-doorbell rings, my stuff is here-amazing!
--"The Best ebay has to Offer-FAST-VERY FAST"
----

So- why am I posting this? Not to toot my horn.. "IF it doesnt jingle my bank acct-not worth tooting.."
So:
>>> I am very concerned some of you folks who are new here--are MISSING out on a very SIMPLE thing... SAVE YOURSELF SOME HEADACHES.. skip that extra coffee--ship your goods, skip that extra show of Letterman-ship your goods, skip that extra helping of Spaghetti--ship your goods, skip that trip to the music store--ship your goods, skip that not really nec, phone call --ship your goods..... Do you get it??

Heres what i do..
A good rule of thumb--just get the goods out Same day as pyt recd..
**After i leave the house in the morning, I prepackage the goods i see bids on, ending in the next 6-8 hours..-take them with me, then I use my Palm Treo--keep checking throughout the day- when i get a mobile alert of a pyt- i see from who-stop at a library-print the label + off it goes.. Been doing this for years..Only way to save some time.. Gotta find alot of time helpers,,
AND... FYI--- NEVER lost a case in Paypal for not having a tracking number, and have Never recd so much as an email from ccnow--since august-- and i have processed Mega bucks through them,,,

PLEASE.... SHIP YOUR STUFF OUT SAME DAY..... WATCH WHAT HAPPENS!!!
eseller (12-23-2008)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-05-2008

Longevity: 94%

i follow this rule very strictly now. that is why i'm here in the first place. i was suspended for seller non-performance, because i was doing more business than i could handle. i fell really behind, and got some negatives. now everything is shipped the day the people pay. i used to use media mail a lot to save on postage. now everything is shipped priority mail. the few extra bucks i lose out on will make the difference between good feedback and several bad ones.
Old 04-05-2008
Threadstarter  

Excellent., Twdell... Very Good Student! A++++

(But I didnt get my apple )
Old 04-05-2008

Longevity: 93%

Not tooting here either but I have always shipped within 24-hours of received/cleared payment. Only exception is if auction closes late Sat., obviously, I need to ship first thing Mon. a.m.
Old 04-05-2008

I do the same as well. You can't believe how much that does for your ratings and scores.

It can even take the edge off a Grumpy customer!!! Much easier to deal with a problem a customer may have when receiving their item if they are off the bat satisifed with the timely reciept of their merchandise.

Really shows a customer you are treating them and their transaction as if they were they only buyer you had.
Old 04-05-2008
Threadstarter  

LoL..I'm on my way to ups store-They pickup Sat at 1pm...so all these folks will be delivered Monday a.m. +++ (IF) I were to ever get a Paypal limitation...tracking never a prob...I am thinking that's (maybe) why my newest pp acct not limited yet...they get tracking b4 I leave the house + I don't w/draw unless tracking is in place....
Old 04-05-2008

I always ship my items off the next day, same day if the mailman hasn't been by to pickup the scheduled shipment. But despite even being that fast I still don't have a 5 in the "shipping time". So what do these buyers expect?
Old 04-05-2008

Simple question is what would you expect if you bought something from a seller, well it is simple you of course would want it to be sent straight away

It goes without saying that the item should be shipped once payment has cleared.

If you are operating a business think and compete like a business. That goes for products, customer service and delivery. Any deviations and you simply aren't thinking about your customers.

But again do you get the odd buyer who cannot be 100% satisfied even if you hand delivered the goods same day with a cherry on top.
Old 04-05-2008

I just love those that pay by poopal e-cheque.

They assume that payment has cleared even though they have been fore warned by myself and paypal at each stage of the payment process. Then they have the cheek to moan.

I do however cover my smooth backside and email them straight away and inform them of the time delays involved with e-cheques. Many buyers just admit that they never knew it took so long and never took noticed of the blab on the screen other than the price
Old 04-05-2008

I couldn't agree more about this, getting stuff out right away is essential..

Also communication. Take the time to email customers outside of the automated ones. If you fall a little behind, email your customers with a likely story, i was out of town, family emergency, then get them out...If you were a buyer and you paid, its been a week and no messages and no package what would you do?
Old 04-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

I usually ship within 24hours nowdays too.
Old 04-12-2008
Threadstarter  

HI, FYI-- Yesterday around noon, I saw over $800 in my one pp acct- I was busy, so i thought, I'd go get it when it get back in town.. went to atm---no good, checked my email --limited,,

They wanted Tracking numbers for 2 packages,, LUCKY ME.. They were Delivered that day--faxed them, then called today--limit lifted.. (for now)
--I know the next ones coming in about 45 days
Old 04-16-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
HI, FYI-- Yesterday around noon, I saw over $800 in my one pp acct- I was busy, so i thought, I'd go get it when it get back in town.. went to atm---no good, checked my email --limited,,

They wanted Tracking numbers for 2 packages,, LUCKY ME.. They were Delivered that day--faxed them, then called today--limit lifted.. (for now)
--I know the next ones coming in about 45 days
ebayhateluv, how do you get an ATM card for your Paypal accounts? You do not give them your address, so how do you receive it?
Old 04-16-2008

Longevity: 99%
Default My general experience is buyers are jerks...

I have received numerous complaints with paypal within a day of the purchase.

What has been especially annoying is items ordered where I clearly list the item as shipped media mail. They seem to think that means Fedex.

Nlo matter what you do, some buyers will be assholes and now with the new rules where you cannot leave a negative feedback for a buyer, the assholes are enabled.

Last edited by ebayaintstupid; 04-16-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-16-2008

Well using Media Mail your asking for trouble, use atleast 1st Class + confirmation #, buyers read what they want, you have to assume they have no brain
Old 04-17-2008

Longevity: 99%
Default When you ship books and DVD collections...

media mail is the only practical way to ship the item.

Some of the things weigh as much as 20 pounds. Shipping them any other way would cost you a fortune.
Old 04-17-2008

Longevity: 98%

Media mail is only for media. The post office may inspect it and then you get in trouble.
Old 12-19-2008

Longevity: 89%

Now USPS with there price changes it cheaper on most items First class Parcel then Using Media Which Sucks I Recommend Everyone To Use Delivery Confirmation On All Big Items To the US Out of the USA I Would Say Hell NO!! Lost To Much Money Over The Years
Old 12-23-2008

Longevity: 89%

Ebayhateluv you couldn't be more right about this.

Don't give buyers any extra excuse to be opening disputes on you.

Ship the stuff out, buy the tracking right thru Paypal if possible, if not get those tracking numbers in ASAP, best way to keep flying under the radar.
Old 12-29-2008

Longevity: 91%
Smile

Very sound advice, thanks.

Thankfully my DSRs are pretty good. I was getting paranoid that delayed Christmas mail might get me in the soup.

Also, I custom print all of my items which means that I can't always mail stuff on the same day as payment. I do state this on my listings and I think, luckily, that my customers figure this out.

I'm at a bit of a disadvantage as here in the UK it's only really worth using Royal Mail for my items (courriers are ok for big, expensive shipments) and as Royal Mail are owned by the government they're a bit wack.

Good luck to everyone in the new year

S.

PS How do you get those little animated flags under your name? Thanks
Old 01-03-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Okay.... I admit it.....I'm a seller who hates the shipping side of business. It is tedious, boring, and everything else I hate. And as a result, I put it off and only shipped twice a week, which I stated in my auctions, very very clearly. But, even then, it still annoyed people and i can't afford to get low DSR's so I simply hired someone to do the things I hate doing. I am great at creating really fantastic looking auctions with clear, detailed pictures, nice layouts, good accurate descriptions, etc. I'm great at finding quality things to sell at rock bottom prices so my profit margin rocks. I have plenty of room to store stuff when I buy in bulk. But I suck at shipping, preparing shipments, etc., so why waste my time doing something I do so poorly that bums me out so much when I can hire a college kid to swing by three times a week for 2 hours at a time and get all of my stuff packed and ready to be picked up by FedEx the day after?
Think of it this way....if I can make a profit of $25 off of each item I sell and I can prepare 16 of those items a day if I work at it for 4 hours then if I sold each item (yeah, wishful thinking, I know but stay with me...), then I would make $400 a day. It would take me approximately 2 hours to pack up 16 items from start to finish. So a total of 6 hours labor for $400 = a little over $66 an hour. Now, take away those 2 hours of shipping, add in another 8 item I can get listed and sold and that nets me another $200. I pay the college kid $10 an hour to do the shipping for me so you see how that math works out, right? Without college kid: I work for 6 hours ( 2 hours of which I hate) and make $400....with college kid I work for 6 hours (all of which I really enjoy and feel like I do well) and make $600 - $30 I pay college kid to work for three hours prepping and packing the stuff and I make $570 for those same 6 hours. Now, I only work 4 days a week at this so I'm shelling out $120 a week to this kid but for the week that is allowing me to make an additional $800. Obviously this fluctuates with as my sell-through rate does, but you get the point.
Oh, the point was....if you hate shipping as much as I do, freaking hire a college kid to do it for you and spend your time doing the things that really make you money. Even if I didn't spend those 2 hours prepping for and setting up new auctions, I could spend some of that time sourcing more inventory and inevitably that would be more profitable in the long run as well.
Off of the "I hate shipping" soap box.
OP, you are, hands down, the queen of shipping, I bow to your supremeness in this area in which I am a miserable and self-admitted failure. lol.
Old 01-05-2009

I have a question though should I just get a conformation number, or a tracking number don't tracking numbers cost more?

Last edited by Deb707; 01-05-2009 at 03:05 PM.