How can I get a refund? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 06-19-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default How can I get a refund?

Hi All, Great Forum. Been selling stealth for a few weeks now :-)
Anyway need some advice arround one of my banned accounts. Paypal have suspended my account perminantly and will give me my outstanding balance after 180 days. Bummer :-( My issue is with Ebay however. I have a negative balance with them i.e. they owe me £61. Had a chat with them the other day and they have advised they can only refund back into my paypal account which I'm fine with. However they actually told me they can't as my paypal is limited. I tried to explain my account has been perminantly suspended but they were adament I had to sort with paypal. So my question is really how do I get my money from ebay?

The (Sometimes funny) chat transcript is below.......

Parker Anthony
Welcome to eBay Live Help, my name is Anthony. How may I help you today?
mojavaid36
hi anhony. My ebay acount is suspended as is my paypal account but my ebay account shows Ebay owes me £61 or so
mojavaid36
How do I get a refund please?
Parker Anthony

I understand you would like to have your account reinstated and have your money back.
Parker Anthony

I'll be happy to look into this for you. While I'm reviewing your account, would there be anything else I can assist you with?
mojavaid36
no thankyou.
Parker Anthony
Alright. Please bear with me for at least 3 minutes while checking on this.
mojavaid36
okay
Parker Anthony
Thanks for waiting, Mo.
Parker Anthony
I have checked your account and can see that it is currenlty suspended and it needs the attention of PayPla to sort this out.
Parker Anthony
PayPal*
Parker Anthony
As you aware of, we're always happy to help you but we don't have access to your PayPal account information.
Parker Anthony
In your case, you need to contact PayPal directly by going to 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any PayPal page as they can give you a much more accurate response related to your concern.
mojavaid36
yes well paypal have permanantly supended me. They have £500 of mine which they will release in September (180 days). Ebay has £61 so how do i get this money
Parker Anthony
You can also call their direct line: 08707 307 191.
mojavaid36
how do i get my money from ebay...not paypal...
Parker Anthony
In line with the credits of your eBay accout is being handled by our Billing Department.
Parker Anthony
May I go ahead and transfer you now?
mojavaid36
through a chat window? sure....
Parker Anthony
Yes. Please stay online while I connect you to them.
Parker Anthony
Has transfered you to:Kevin More
Kevin More
Welcome to eBay UK Billing Live Chat, my name is Kevin. Let me review your previous chat transcript, or if you wish you can summarise it for me.
mojavaid36
I'll let you read it if thats okay.....
Kevin More
Okay. Give me a few moments.
mojavaid36
heoolo?
Kevin More
Sorry for delay in responding. My sytem had got frozen up.
mojavaid36
okay
Kevin More
As I understand, you are concerned about the creidt balance which is showing on your account.
Kevin More
Am I correct?
mojavaid36
yes but my paypal account is PERMINENTLY suspended.
mojavaid36
how will ebay pay me my monies due? My debit card?
Kevin More
just a moment. Let me review your account to help you with this.
Kevin More
Thank you for waiting. Mo, I checked your account and can see that all the payments were received from your PayPal account. According to our Refund Policy, we can refund the money only to the source from the payment is received.
mojavaid36
so you CAN refund into the linked SUSPENDED account?
Kevin More
The refund can not be issued to any other payment method. You may contact PayPal and try checking if there is any way they can reactivate your account.
Kevin More
No, the funds won't be transferred from one account to another account.
mojavaid36
no sorry i mean........ I am happy for the funds to be refunded to the original paypal account/method they came from. Pease can you confirm this
Kevin More
Mo, I won't be able to confirm the e-mail address as it's saved in encrypted form. We can only see the billing agreement ID through which your PayPal is linked with eBay.
mojavaid36
thats fine. How can I initiate a refund pthen please?
Kevin More
I can submit a request to get the funds refunded to your PayPal. However, if it's the same account which is suspended currently, the refund won't go through.
Kevin More
Therefore, I suggest that you contact PayPal and sort out the issue with your account first.
mojavaid36
so what do others do in this instance? i.e. those with PERMINANTLY Supended Accounts?
mojavaid36
I note on the website it states the foloowing "In exceptional cases, you are able to request a refund by wire transfer (eg: if the refund cannot be made to an expired credit card). Please leave the Bank name, Account owner, IBAN and BIC/SWIFT in the text box.
mojavaid36
Would you say I am an exceptional case?
Kevin More
No, in your case, the funds would need to refunded to the original paymen source.
Kevin More
That woudl be PayPal. We can not process it through any other method.
mojavaid36
so wot do u suggest?
Kevin More
Well, what I can suggest here is contact PayPal and explain them situation. Try to resolve it with them, only then we can process refund credit balance showing in your account.
mojavaid36
This is not an option. Paypal have PERMINENTLY SUSPENDED MY ACCOUNT. THE DECISION CANNOT BE APPEALED AGAINST. I would suggest I AM an exceptional case.
Kevin More
I am sorry Mo but I can not help you with this. The refund can not be issued to any other method.
mojavaid36
its not what is quoted on the website though....
mojavaid36
In exceptional cases, you are able to request a refund by wire transfer.....
mojavaid36
so you'll just keep my £60?
mojavaid36
Kevin?
Kevin More
No, we won't be keeping your funds. As I mentioned above, get the issue resolved with PayPal, we will be glad to get the funds refunded to it.
Kevin More
There is nothing else I can help.
mojavaid36
I'm not sure your listening or reading what I am typing so I'll type it on the next line just to be clear.
mojavaid36
paypal wil NEVER resolve the paypal issue I have or reopen my paypal account. period.
mojavaid36
Do you understnd please?
Kevin More
Yes, I can understand that. However, we have are policies in place and I can not go beyond that.
Kevin More
I am sorry, this may not be the response you would have expected. However, I won't be able tohelp you with this matter.
mojavaid36
i get that but you are asking me to do something which is not possible. that is not fair.
Kevin More
Sorry, I am unable to help you with this matter. Anything else apart of aboe that I can help today?
mojavaid36
who can help me with this matter please?
Kevin More
PayPal.
mojavaid36
lol. was that a joke?
Kevin More
eBay can not issue the refund to any other payment method. So, the only one who can help you is PayPal.
mojavaid36
Yes but you can in exceptional circumstances. It clearly states on your website by giving an example such as"if the credit cardd or original method of payment is not valid or has expired'. In this instance that is the case.
Kevin More
Yes, if the issues is like credidt card expiration, we can take it as an exception. However, in your case, your PayPal has been suspended for some reason.
Kevin More
This can not be taken as an exception
mojavaid36
What action can be taken by ebay if paypal do not resolve my acount?
mojavaid36
which they won
mojavaid36
won't..
Kevin More
No action can be taken by eBay until the issue is resolved at PayPal's end.
mojavaid36
and if it isn't you'll keep my money?
mojavaid36
kevin?
Kevin More
Yes, until the issue is not sorted with PayPal, the money will stay in your eBay account.
mojavaid36
forever?
Kevin More
Until, the issue is sorted with PayPal.
mojavaid36
Do you know what "Perminantly" means?
Kevin More
Yes, I understand. However, I have already explained about eBay's refund policy.
Kevin More
There is nothing we an do to help you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Anyway need some advice arround one of my banned accounts. Paypal have suspended my account perminantly and will give me my outstanding balance after 180 days. Bummer :-( My issue is with Ebay however. I have a negative balance with them i.e. they owe me £61. Had a chat with them the other day and they have advised they can only refund back into my paypal account which I'm fine with. However they actually told me they can't as my paypal is limited. I tried to explain my account has been perminantly suspended but they were adament I had to sort with paypal. So my question is really how do I get my money from ebay?
You will get any refund (£61-minus any sums owed to EB/PP) from EB via your PP after the elapse of the 180 day period expires.
mojavaid36 (06-21-2012)
Old 06-21-2012
Threadstarter  

AHHH Okay. Thats fine. There r0bbin B4star4ds anyway! Thanks so much for clearing it up.....
Old 06-24-2012

Longevity: 86%

you should never leave too much in your paypal account that way you wont have this problem, i withdraw cash every couple days once the last withdrawal shows as completed
Old 06-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

so is it just me or have you signed up on the forum with your ebay username
Old 06-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
so is it just me or have you signed up on the forum with your ****
You are just ever so slightly late Bunneh - there WAS an email on there that I had reported & got lifted from the thread for the Op's safety.

EDITS:

Actually you are correct Bunneh- that xyz does infact correlate to a certain so & so...but it is no longer operational.

Last edited by SUVE; 06-24-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Wow that was a 2003 account you lost. Bummer dude.
Old 06-25-2012
Threadstarter  

Tell me about it. I use to be an innocent civilian.
Old 06-25-2012

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortex View Post
Wow that was a 2003 account you lost. Bummer dude.
happened to me: 2003 account. thousands and thousands and thousands of positive feedback. just gone in a puff of smoke. for me personally, it was the sneaky introduction of DSR's (and thus, buyers not realising how important/crucial they are) that caused that downfall. and like you, the 'sanctions' imposed on me in order to NOT get the acct suspended were IMPOSSIBLE to achieve. why? because of those limits themselves!!! i.e. eb basically said "you have been limited, now to not get suspended, you have to do this". er, the very sanctions/limits they put on me are what PREVENTED me from improving and are what CAUSED suspension- like you, they gave me an impossibility. unbelievably infuriating, when you see people selling at like 92% feedback with like fb 6 ratings, while your decade of decency just disappears! best of luck, mojavaid36 :-)
Old 06-26-2012
Threadstarter  

chears buddy
Old 07-17-2012

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUVE View Post
You will get any refund (£61-minus any sums owed to EB/PP) from EB via your PP after the elapse of the 180 day period expires.
This is very good to know, I have -£51 in one ebay account!

They do keep sending me an email saying your payment method was declined for -£51 please set up another payment method?!!

Strange!
Old 07-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Good looking by SUaVE if true.