Section 8 Ebay... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 06-18-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Section 8 Ebay...

Hi All, out of the blue just got this on one of my stealth accounts....

We regret to inform you that we were unable to process your most recent payment.Per our user agreement, Section 8, we are forced to terminate any account if we have reasons to believe that it may cause financial loss to us or to our users.You are now required to verify your account details
Click here to confirm your details

However:

1. Looks odd - email address that it's from is: awconfirm@ebaycouk ....no dots between the co and uk....looks like spam potentially. I have all beacons etc and images disabled so no ebay logo either. The click here is also a bit odd..

2. Nothing has happened to my paypal account. Although is it overly hasty to now immediately empty it pre-empting their email coming through soon?

3. No email in my EBAY inbox...only to my gmail...

Any thoughts anyone?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-18-2012
Threadstarter  

on my gmail it is also from

"ebay"

not

"eBAY"

subtle difference....but all my previous emails from eBay (all the official ones) have the capital B
Old 06-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

How are your ebay accounts? still standing?

If so, I wouldnt worry, Just dont click any link in the email since if it is spam, you wouldnt want them stealing all your hard work.
Old 06-18-2012
Threadstarter  

Yeah still standing - items literally selling as we speak....nothing looks suspended yet.

Phew...haha

I nearly withdrew the entire paypal....that would i have made them jump haha
Old 06-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Be careful on the spam - good checks on your part.
Old 06-18-2012

Longevity: 75%

Had this - it's phishing I think
Old 06-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Phishing; look for tortured English and grammar errors! Besides, eBay/PP tells you they will never ask you to login & verify sensitive info from an email.
Old 06-19-2012

Longevity: 90%

Yeah, I'd agree this sounds 100% like a phishing for your loging details attempt. Just make sure you DO NOT click on any attachments or links in the email.

A few months ago I received what I thought was a dreaded email from Paypal customer services saying my account had been suspended and I was for a couple of minutes really upset - until I realised the email address the email had been sent to wasnt even the email address that I used with my Paypal account...! Yes it was a pathetic phishing spam email and I was so relieved to realise that my Paypal account was fine.

However I think that is exactly what these phishing emails are preying on, the fact that many people will panic upon hearing their account is suspended / has been compromised etc, and that many people will just click the links in the phishing email that will probably either take you to a bogus Paypal look-a-like login page where you enter your details and they are recorded by some robbing b*****d who will then empty your Paypal account.

Its just another thing to look out for, I mean I get so many of these type of emails, virtually every UK 'bank' sends me emails every month telling me to update my password / login details, or install some bogus security protection (probably a keylogger) program.

Sadly these crooks are hoping that somewhere along the line some poor sucker will fall for the scam and unwittingly part with their personal bank account details and allow some cyber-thief access to their money. I mean as if life isnt hard enough without extra nonsense like this to have to deal with...
Old 07-08-2012

Longevity: 78%

You can often right click on a button/link and copy the link address. Paste it in to notepad (or even into the address bar as long as you can be assured it doesn't take you to the url) and see what the actual url it takes you to is. Will most likely be something completely odd.. sometimes a hidden folder on a quite ligit website.

Also you can examine the full header of the email and do a check on the bottom most IP address found in that header (the info in a header is kind of working backwards from the top so the origins of the email will be revealed nearer the bottom of the header). That is the IP address from which the email was first sent. IPlookup is the phrase to google to find a site that will then reveal info on that IP address, which country it came from etc. Quite often from Nigeria or Russia or somewhere a little dodgy.

Hey, why not then forward that phishing email to spoof (at) ebay.com and gain some browny points! Doubt they'd use the alert to confirm you're an outstanding member of the eBay community but you never know...
Old 07-08-2012

Longevity: 78%

I often get emails like:

eBay Item: 23975878444 Refund complaint.

yet to an email address I don't even have an eB account set up with. I imagine it could confuse someone who's selling loads and loads (and therefore great for phishing some good, strong accounts!).

Haha, funny though if they walk into a land of pain just as someone is getting done for Vero or counterfiet and is immediately shut down with all their phished details.
Old 07-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Well, the way [I] see it from here in the USA, this one is a "No Brainer",,,2 thoughts,

(1) If your account is Current, all Payments made ect, ect, then how can the E-Mail be REAL?,,,

(2) Call Ebay and ASK, this is a NO Risk call, NOTHING Will happen to your account