HELP! Advice needed re: MC055 MC174 Ebay NARU on Powerseller 4 Unpaid Items - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-16-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default HELP! Advice needed re: MC055 MC174 Ebay NARU on Powerseller 4 Unpaid Items

HELP!

To anticipate your questions-- yes, I know I'm an idiot and made several colossal blunders

I just bought the Ebay stealth guide, but I'm trying to get reinstated before resorting to selling by the Stealth route.

I hope there is someone reading this who has had luck getting reinstated and can give me some advice.

My situation: Gold Powerseller for 1 year, on ebay for 9 years, all my (5) accounts were suspended this morning because they were linked to an account that was suspended 6 weeks ago for unpaid items. (Why it took 6 weeks for this to happen I don't know).

First HUGE mistake-- not sending replacement checks by registered mail when I first received an Alert. I did fill out the 'payment sent' info. with check # etc. but that didn't stop the strikes.

Second HUGE mistake-- I figured once the account was suspended (on third strike) it wouldn't let me login to retrieve contact info. (I tried once, had I known the consequences I would've... etc. ) for the rest of my purchases and wasn't able to and thanks to a computer meltdown I no longer had the old emails etc.... so I now have 10+ Unpaid Item Strikes on the suspended account.

So, yes, I'm an idiot.

I called Powerseller support and was able to get escalated to Trust and Safety. T&S guy was sympathetic but said I could only communicate regarding a suspension by email suspension@ebay.com

I replied to the suspension notices email for my linked powerseller account and the buying account that was suspended 6 weeks ago with a short email saying in so many words: 'I like ebay, I apologize for my error on the other account, and what steps can I take to get re-instated?' (again, yes I'm an idiot for not knowing the suspended account would end all my ebay selling)

Reading around the other posts from people with similar problems it looks like I have no chance of ever selling on ebay again without going the Stealth route. I've never been suspended before or had listings removed.

Do I have any chance of being reinstated?

Is there any action I can take while waiting to hear back from suspension@ebay.com?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-16-2008
Threadstarter  

THANK YOU Modee!

All the accounts were created a while ago, with identical name/address/credit card etc. There was no effort to get around a suspension or anything like that.

I won't tell you just how freaked out I've been (and still am) about this.... but it involves a lot of trips to the bathroom. I'm three days away (or was) from moving to Colorado, and a week away from proposing to my girlfriend of two years. (or was)

... and it was all predicated on continuing powerseller success.

The thing that makes me think they won't let me back on-- the 10+ old Unpaid strikes and my not having the contact info. for the sellers etc. I'd move heaven and earth to get the number down to 2 and get the account reinstated, but I don't see how that's doable.

Will they let me back on without my getting forgiveness from the 10+ Unpaid buyers?

Also, if I can get back on, how long do you think it will take and is there any other information/ faxing or whatever that you think I might need to do?
Old 04-16-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

It'll take you a long time to get your accounts back, if ever. You might want to start on some stealth eBay accounts.

If you're still keen on being reinstated, read the section in the book on reinstatement. It's towards the bottom of the ebook.
Old 04-16-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks! The ebook is great btw.
Old 04-17-2008
Threadstarter  

Some rather depressing news. I replied to the 'suspension' email for the original suspended account (suspended 6 weeks ago) and I received a 'your email will not be reviewed' reply very quickly. So I sent it again through the My Ebay interface 'Respond to Alert'. It said my email was to be reviewed by 'Community Watch' and Suspension was not on the list of things given for 'Community Watch's' jurisdiction. (Am I totally screwed?)

Haven't received a reply to my appeal (sent April 15) sent via my powerseller account, so I still have some hope. (Or am I being naive?)

I emailed every one of the people who'd given me Unpaid Item strikes and offered to pay full price AND let them keep the item. One took me up on it, another said Thanks, but offering was payment enough ( I emailed him back thanking him and asking if he'd consider removing the strike. That was late last night. Nothing has happened yet).

The original 3 strikes isn't so bad, it's the 10+ that I got after the suspension when I thought (oh so wrongly) that it no longer mattered.

Ugh.