Why provide all the requested docs when EBAY usually will not reinstate you anyway? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-14-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Why provide all the requested docs when EBAY usually will not reinstate you anyway?

Ebay have REFUSED to reinstate my 8yr old account despite sending the the correct address on the papers, now what am i going to do?

This is what the sent me -

Reinstatement Pending
Thank you for submitting your Request for Reinstatement. We understand your desire to have your eBay account reinstated.

Unfortunately, we did not receive any documents confirming your registration information is valid. We require that information before your account can be reinstated.

You can view a list of acceptable documents here:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/community/reinstfaq.html

The documents you provide must confirm your name and address and the information on the bill or ID must match the registration information you have provided to us previously on your account.

You can fax these documents along with your signed Request for Reinstatement to eBay at 0207 681 2392. If you are not able to fax us, you may mail them to:

Attention: VeRO Department Reinstatements
eBay International AG
P.O. Box 9473
Dublin 15
Ireland

To expedite processing, please be sure to resend the signed Request for Reinstatement with the documents that confirm your contact information.

Please note that the documentation (i.e. copy of a utility bill, phone bill, or any government issued ID, etc.) you send us will be destroyed after your registration information has been verified.

If you have any additional questions please reply to this message or read our uspension & Reinstatement Frequently Asked Questions
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-14-2008

Longevity: 94%

Lucy, they have no said they refuse to reinstate you. They simply said you did not provide them with the correct info.

Go back over what they want from you, and fax in the docs.
Old 04-14-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

i sent a bank statment and dole letter and they refused that, i'm not sending my passport details to them or anything else, those papers should be accepted but ebay are just making excuses now

i can't check my registration details, never changed them since day 1 and i don't exactly what those details are, as i have moved from rented house to rented house many times, so i have lost track, is there anyway to check the ebay registation details?

are these the details, you get when you sell something and the buyer gets an invoice with the total and your address?
Old 04-14-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I just checked my email for one item I sold and found an email for when i invoiced a buyer, it shows the item, total and my name and address, with "If you want to mail your payment, please send it and include a copy of this email to:"
name........
address..........

My papers had the same name/address as per above, so I know it matches, my ac wa suspended, for listing my own worn shoes, with receipt, they took them off 3 times and i relisted them, thats why i was suspended, they came up with a silly vero suspension, even emailed them offering to send the receipt, they don't help

9yrs on ebay with ony 45 negatives and they treat me like ****, even refusing to have me email them the receipt and refusing my docs, who the hell do they they they are!!!!, b....tards!
Old 04-14-2008

Longevity: 96%

historic data of being well groomed - well spent and a model eBay stands for nothing

I lost a 1998 ID with powersellers status and 10,000+ and 99.9% average feedback

Still i did not get one call, question or query about all i was doing wrong

SIMPLY linked with a suspended ID

Stands for nothing ...........................

LOST ID overnight ............inventory ..........livelihood the lot

Did eBay care ???...............did they fook?

Exact same email i got

Automated from the eBay autoresponse robot

Start over Lucy - its as simple as that
Old 04-15-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I sent them an email, telling then why was my a/c not reinstated when i sent the required docs, they replied

"Thank you for writing back to us and sending your completed Request for
Reinstatement form.

Unfortunately, I couldn't review your account because you didn't send
proof of your name along with the form.

To have your account reviewed again, please send us another Request for
Reinstatement form, along with copies of BOTH of the following:

- government-issued photo identification (passport or driving licence)
- evidence of address (bank statement or utility bill)

You must send us PHOTOCOPIES, not originals, as we can't return your
documents. Clearly print your User ID on both documents so we can match
them with your account quickly. You should ensure that the details on
the documents match the registration details on your account.

Please send these documents to the fax number or address below. "

I mean they have the papers bank and dole letter, why on earth are these people asking for my picture id?, no way am i sending my passport to them
Old 04-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

dont bother, ebay is hopeless with customer service, waste of postage costs.
Old 04-16-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ebay is building up a user database of ids, which I don't know how they use or give the information to, never ever send your passport or driving details, don't send anything with a picture
Old 04-16-2008

⊗⊗⊗⊗ id? and im talkin a reald id but "⊗⊗⊗⊗"
Old 04-17-2008

Longevity: 92%
Exclamation Ebay Send Out Tracking Emails! BEWARE!

Ebay send out emails to all your old ebay email addresses, even suspended accounts, so that you click on them it will send a link back to there server thus linking your new account to the old one.

It logs the info, this is 1 reason people keep getting suspended, do not use or open any messages from ebay suspended accounts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy View Post
I just checked my email for one item I sold and found an email for when i invoiced a buyer, it shows the item, total and my name and address, with "If you want to mail your payment, please send it and include a copy of this email to:"
name........
address..........

My papers had the same name/address as per above, so I know it matches, my ac wa suspended, for listing my own worn shoes, with receipt, they took them off 3 times and i relisted them, thats why i was suspended, they came up with a silly vero suspension, even emailed them offering to send the receipt, they don't help

9yrs on ebay with ony 45 negatives and they treat me like ****, even refusing to have me email them the receipt and refusing my docs, who the hell do they they they are!!!!, b....tards!
Old 04-17-2008

Longevity: 99%
Default Ah, a beacon believer...

I have had a ton of trouble convincing people about this.
Old 04-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkie View Post
Ebay send out emails to all your old ebay email addresses, even suspended accounts, so that you click on them it will send a link back to there server thus linking your new account to the old one.

It logs the info, this is 1 reason people keep getting suspended, do not use or open any messages from ebay suspended accounts!

That is true! I recently had 2 accounts suspended, and they also sent an email to a previously suspended account at the same time. They told the suspended account it was suspended "again" LOL!!!

I think it was linked by someone turning me in, because it wasn't a 169 robot suspension, it was a straight up, uncoded abusing ebay suspension that didn't offer any chance for reinstatement. The "we're really mad at you" suspension.
Old 04-30-2008

thats why you make a new email address before you make another ebay account.
Old 04-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Forget about the account, start making new ones. And lots of them. I have 41 active eBay accounts now ready to use any time. And I'm making 1-2 more every day.
Old 04-30-2008

=O
wow imjustme
you should sell some one the forum
=D
Old 04-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

I will need them for the hard times to come.
Old 04-30-2008

imjustme, I am all for creating 100 accounts per day... but how do you justify the idea of providing a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ phone number during registration? ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address and name are one thing, for a VCC can be created in any name and address, and adding a bank account reveal anything but strings of numbers. But as you enter a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ phone number, and I can't believe that you'd have 1-2 new verifiable phone numbers available daily, when time comes to do phone verification, what's the course of action then?
Old 04-30-2008

how often are you guys having ebay call you to verify? i've had paypal call me to verify, but never ebay.
Old 05-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

stallion, ebay seem to have started this within the past 72 hours when you first list. damn.
Old 05-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventmma View Post
imjustme, I am all for creating 100 accounts per day... but how do you justify the idea of providing a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ phone number during registration? ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address and name are one thing, for a VCC can be created in any name and address, and adding a bank account reveal anything but strings of numbers. But as you enter a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ phone number, and I can't believe that you'd have 1-2 new verifiable phone numbers available daily, when time comes to do phone verification, what's the course of action then?
I'm in Japan. eBay doesn't call Japan to verify my account. If they did, they:

1. Would have to pay long distance fees. They won't.
2. I'd have my wife pick up and speak in Japanese. What then? I doubt their staff speaks Japanese.

I have yet to receive a call from eBay for any of the accounts I have created in the past 5 months. And I've sold thousands of items through them.
Old 05-01-2008

so if i used a japan ip i can do the same?
Old 05-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

I guess so. As long as your customer's aren't worried about the fact that you're not sending from Japan.