How many tries does it take? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-17-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default How many tries does it take?

Hello. I hate posting new threads to forums. It seems that I always upset someone who doesn't feel I was justified in my post. I'm going to take a chance because I have spent 3 days reading this forum intensely!

Late last year, I had an ebay account that I've used for 5 years and had nearly 5000 feedback in. I decided I wanted to try an ebay store so I opened a new account so I could build it and have 100% feedback with it. Long story short, I really made a mess out of the new account. I printed labels in paypal using multi-ship and some of them didn't print. After a bi-zillion negative feedback, I find that some labels didn't print. I refunded all monies and never touched the account again. 3 weeks ago, ebay suspended my 5 year old account for being linked to the old account. I was shocked! If only I had known to close the other account. Ebay won't respond to my emails and even though I was a pwer seller I get no answers. "Clean up the old account" is all I get. These folks aren't willing to remove their feedback. Waht can I do? Is square trade an option? Will ebay reinstate me if I work with them? <br>
I created another ebay account, didn't know anything about IP and cookies. Quickly, I got suspended. I thought it was because of the old paypal address. SO I opened yet another account, using my son's bank info to get a paypal account. I sold for a week and was suspended. I thought I had it all right but I did not. I looked back and found that I paid for a purchase using my OLD paypal account. (Old habits die hard, don't they). Plus, i can't remember if I get the IP address change down pat before I re-started.<br>
I cleaned my cookies and IP address and bought an ebook called ebay salvation. I created a new account, just as they said. I haven't sold anything yet. It's been almost a week and I bid on something that I have no chance of winning, but didn't try selling yet.<br>
Here are my bottom line questions:
1. Never use paypal because you'll be linked?<br>
2. Merchant accounts are the way to go?<br>
3. Do Merchant Accounts turn over your sells to the IRS?<br>
4. Should your merchant account accept paypal?<br>
5. I should use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and address in ebay, but in the
same city, or area, as where I live currently?<br>
6. I should use a cell phone number not linked to any
of my other ebay accounts or use a virtual number?
<br>
Gosh, I hope I've covered it. I'm losing tons of money! This was my
BUSINESS and now it's gone.
Private messages are welcomed! I'm pretty illiterate to all of this stuff and sometimes the one-on-one help is easiest.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Thumbs up A Piece of String!

Welcome to the forum. We all here have got that dreaded email of suspension from ebay/paypal. For some of us many times. There is no straight answer from me as to how many tries it will take, sorry.

There is not exactly a quick fix situation but I recommend these:
Put up the flag of your country: specific answers will be given.
Even though you say money is a bit tight, become a registered supporter here: it is one on one support and a three month sub is less than US$20.00
Was the book you purchased eBay Stealth or ebay_salvation? If it was the
latter, try to get a refund!

More importantly, take a big deep breath and chill out. Look, I can tell you that I know you feel guttered. You feel really bad. BUT if you make decisions now, you will be far worse off with ebay. Relax a little and then plan.

Your post was reasonable enough. But have a deeper read of the threads
and get the picture.The answers are there. Good Luck.