eBay suspend me when i was scammed and want my passport for proof of ID - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 08-03-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Question eBay suspend me when i was scammed and want my passport for proof of ID

Last week I got scammed, however eBay then decided to suspend me... Not sure why I have been a member for 7 years with great feedback then I get suspended when I was the victim of a scam... Not the scammer.

Anyway they ignore all my emails or refuse to discuss and when i call them I get a call centre person in India that couldn't care less or understand the problem and just read from a script and now they demand my Passport to prove who i am when surely they have no legal right to keep users passports on line for there use? Has anyone managed to sort this out or had the same issues
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-03-2012

Longevity: 76%

Bizarre- what was the code (MC999) etc under which they suspended you? Usually as you say it's the scammer who is suspended.

The victims get a warning email about recent transactions etc with them "if you have recently bought from xxxx and not received your item please be aware......" etc
Old 08-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1967 View Post
Last week I got scammed, however eBay then decided to suspend me... Not sure why I have been a member for 7 years with great feedback then I get suspended when I was the victim of a scam... Not the scammer.

Anyway they ignore all my emails or refuse to discuss and when i call them I get a call centre person in India that couldn't care less or understand the problem and just read from a script and now they demand my Passport to prove who i am when surely they have no legal right to keep users passports on line for there use? Has anyone managed to sort this out or had the same issues
Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear of your problems.

Ebay are asking for photo ID as part of the process to re-instate your account. If you don't provide it the account is gone for sure. If you do provide it, you may or may not get re-instated. They claim that the ID is destroyed after they have verified it but they will no doubt record and hold information from it.

This forum exists to help people that have suffered a similar fate to yourself. Here you can learn how to open new accounts and to continue to sell on Ebay and other selling platforms like Amazon.

Good luck.
Old 08-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1967 View Post
Last week I got scammed.

now they demand my Passport to prove who i am when surely they have no legal right to keep users passports on line for their use? Has anyone managed to sort this out or had the same issues
Sadly in their T&S they define their rights to do what they like/want/ask.

Can take quite some work to resolve this and it's not a given to work.