What would you do - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-19-2008
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default What would you do

I have a buyer who got her ebay account suspended due to non-payment of 4 items she bought from me (about $320 worth of seasonal inventory that I had to set aside for 3 weeks). Initially she was very rude about the situation, claiming that her baby son accidentally pushed buy it now. Then came the promises of payment in few days and money order will be sent shortly replies. After that she ignored my emails until her suspension. Since then she has been emailing me continuously asking I remove the unpaid item strikes and even offering to pay for the ebay fees. She claims as a seller she supplements her small income to take care of her 2 children. I know as a former NARUed ebayer it is a very frustrating to get back on ebay. I am leaning towards removing the strikes but I cant seem to forgive her for all the lies and headaches she caused. What would you do?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Talking

Only when she lets you know that her dog has go the family cat pregnant should you be nice to her. How many chances does this buyer need? As for an MO, someone here had a charge back on a money order months after the transaction. I think you have to take a BIG sigh and let the matter stand.

:D Or if this is really hard try this:

I support The Yankees so the strikes stay.

I support The Mets so I will remove the strikes. LOL. Good to see you have
a heart still.

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-19-2008 at 05:43 AM.
Old 04-19-2008

Longevity: 95%

Bollocks to havn a heart.. non payers are a pain in the arse, just leave the strikes and move on... instead of giving them the chance to Non Pay someone else..
Old 04-19-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI: I say Forgive Her--
We're all in the same boat-- Do a Good Deed..It will come back to Bless you!!
Old 04-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Offer to sell her 2 babies on your own eBay account. You get 100% of the profits and call it even.
Old 04-19-2008

Longevity: 99%
Default Here is one for the books...

OK. I had this clown order a $10. item. I was leaving on vacation and was in a hurry and goofed. I was rushed, had a ton of last minute things to do, and I shipped the item to the wrong address (he had one on EBAY and a different on on Paypal).

OK, so minor mistake right? But after 3 days, he gave me the nastiest note possible. Called me every name in the book. Some I hadn't heard before. I was like, OK, relax, I shipped it, but we have a problem. I am on vacation and do not have access to the tracking information from here.

Unbelievable how much time this guy wasted on calling me names, filing a complaint with Paypal, causing me all kinds of aggravation over a simple shipping error that he knew I couldn't correct for a week while I was away. It wasn't like I avoided the guy or acted shady, I even offered to let him call me (over an item I made like $3 on).

I just refunded the guy in full and apologized. I got a negative feedback afterwards for my trouble. Said I was a fraud and didn't ship my items, etc. even though he got it a wee bit late because of my mistake.

OK, so here I am with a negative feedback. He comes back and buys another item from me a month later.

Then it dawns on me...competitor. Sure enough, he was selling the same class of items I was and wanted to file a complaint against me to try and eliminate the competition.

People are jerks for a reason. They do what they do consciously, not because their baby hit the keyboard.

On EBAY your only way to retaliate anymore is the unpaid item strike. Your drawback though if you leave it, is she will likely find her way to this board to get back on EBAY. LOL.
Old 04-19-2008

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse12345 View Post
Bollocks to havn a heart.. non payers are a pain in the arse, just leave the strikes and move on... instead of giving them the chance to Non Pay someone else..
Bingo!

You are only responsible for your own mistakes. Leave that alone and move on. Or play her, tell her to pay for items, and even if she does don't do a thing.

I'd reply and tell her "I only remove unpaid item strikes for beautiful women." Then I'd put her on my ignore list and move on.
Old 04-19-2008

give her a break

i beleive in

what goes around comes back around

you never know, it doesnt hurt to be nice

just take the strikes down and block her from buying from you.

atleast thats what i would do.
Old 04-19-2008

Default My experience is that the cliche just isn't true..

"What goes around comes around" is cliche nonsense to try to make people fear doing bad things.

Fact is, tons of folks do bad things and get away with it, and psychology proves they even have ways of justifying it in their minds.

The worst con artists out there believe their targets deserved it.

On EBAY I have NEVER EVER had a person do a bad thing to me come back and apologize later or even show any remorse.

My point in my post was there was a reason she did what she did. It wasn't an accident. I want a real explanation or I ain't giving in. Tell me the truth.

I am willing to bet she is a competitor that screwed up trying to hurt the guy.
Old 04-19-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayaintstupid View Post
My point in my post was there was a reason she did what she did. It wasn't an accident. I want a real explanation or I ain't giving in. Tell me the truth.

It's called playarism. You can't hate the player, it's the game that is bad. Hate the game not the player.

But, this idea still stands, you are not responsible for other people's mistakes. AND, you are responsible for your own decisions, which is why no matter what we say it does not matter, it is up to you what you do. We can only state what each one of us will do.

Let me remind you what I would do.

I'd tell her, "I only remove unpaid item strikes for beautiful women." Then I'd ban her, and move on.

That's one victory for the man kind, and one loss for the woman kind.
Old 04-19-2008

Default OK, so don't forgive her...

but don't forgive her because she may still be out to get you as soon as you do.

Last edited by ebayaintstupid; 04-19-2008 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Misread post.
Old 04-19-2008

Also let me tell you why I'd do that. It's not her baby or her FEELINGS which are at stake. It is ME, not her, that is at stake.

As a man I've made a decision to file unpaid item disputes, because of what she done. I will keep my balls and stay a man and kee my decision. Because doing otherwise means my decision is nothing and can be changed by a woman's tears. I am not responsible for her. I am only responsible for me. It would be wrong to decalare that I am not a man.

This would have been very different if she was respectful, but it appears she is only respectful if you have control over her.

The above is called "she is thinking of you as an average man, easy to manipulate."

My advice, if you going to fold to her cries at least get paid for it. Dont' do it for free and out of "good heart", if you do it means you're a wussy. Someone who qualifies to be a woman's friend. Some she could use as a crying shoulder. A nice guy. That is not a good thing.

Last edited by extension; 04-19-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-19-2008

Default Are you saying women should forfeit their rights?

You man you?

Last edited by ebayaintstupid; 04-19-2008 at 02:15 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-19-2008

give her a chance she said she would pay for the items and the fees right?
let her pay for the items and fees just as she promised and then drop the claim and block her, remember you have the upper hand, be smart
Old 04-19-2008

I'm saying women can not manipulate men by making them feel sorry for them.

Look at how women get away with things. Especially beautiful women.

If you are just giving in because she is pretty you are not a man, you're a tool.

What I am proposing is to do what she wants in return for something. Such as she pays for the item and fees, and also pays you to retrieve those infractions of hers. Get paid for what you do, don't just do it because she makes you FEEL something.

That's crazy, most men, 90% in fact, will do anything a girl asks them too. Never mind that rat is pregnant and have to kids and is really fat and ugly looking.

Don't know about you, but I value my clicking hand, and I need to get paid if I'm to click on something and make something happen.
Old 04-19-2008

Do you think handsome, tall and rich men can't manipulate women?

Both sides do their fair share of manipulating.
Old 04-19-2008

Ohhhh, go ahead and help the girl out because you feel sorry for her. To be used!
Old 04-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Wink What Would You Say Then

Nothing better than hot-blooded guys. OK, try this scenario:

Question: This buyer has attempted to stiff me for $320 and is now Naru'd.
Giving me a hard time about having strikes and asking for help. Claims to be a
seller. Has given a few stories BUT, most importantly, no money. Should I
be nice or let the matter stand?

(no mention of sex but facts?) So what is the answer then? The bottom line without the fancy words is What do I do about this transaction?

just my thoughts
Miss Green.
Old 04-19-2008

Talking Already responded...

Let it stand, but expect them to find their way to this board to get back on EBAY. LOL.

Oh, but you could reconsider if the buyer, male or female, gave you a clear and honest answer as to why they stiffed you. (Not likely).

This person had a reason to do this. They had to. Competitor likely.

Anyway, the guy who posted it originally hasn't responded once since his first post, so I think he isn't even reading this or is laughing at us all. LOL.

Last edited by ebayaintstupid; 04-19-2008 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Forgot something...
Old 04-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Wink

Ha. Maybe he is she. Gawd, I love this forum AND I love paypal. No, no, I hate paypal
Old 04-19-2008

Or she is a he. Or maybe some combination of the two?
Old 04-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Wink

Could be. Might be a species that has the ability of parthenogenesis like the wonderful
Komodo lizard or certain sharks.