New Laptop Cannot get into Paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-26-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default New Laptop Cannot get into Paypal

Hi, need some help, been all day trying to figure this out, no good.

Just bought new Dell N5050 laptop. have M760 usb for wifi. works fine on any computers except this new laptop. so it isn't the wifi usb.

so I install firefox, and does same, just sits there after I enter password.

have no problem on other computers.

Also, my Java file that came on laptop, when loading - file is corrupt. maybe I need Java to access Paypal.

When I log into ebay, I am unable to open messages. so I have limited functionality in ebay but I can get in.

Needed new laptop for dependable business computer, but I am about to throw it against the wall! help!

I cannot even get an emoticon to click into this message. It would be the smash if I could, LOL!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-26-2012

Longevity: 75%

Reload your OS?
Old 08-26-2012

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMae View Post
Hi, need some help, been all day trying to figure this out, no good.

Just bought new Dell N5050 laptop. have M760 usb for wifi. works fine on any computers except this new laptop. so it isn't the wifi usb.

so I install firefox, and does same, just sits there after I enter password.

have no problem on other computers.

Also, my Java file that came on laptop, when loading - file is corrupt. maybe I need Java to access Paypal.

When I log into ebay, I am unable to open messages. so I have limited functionality in ebay but I can get in.

Needed new laptop for dependable business computer, but I am about to throw it against the wall! help!

I cannot even get an emoticon to click into this message. It would be the smash if I could, LOL!
Wow,..
I suppose you are using Windows? You didn't say, as most people are using some form of windows. But I use several different operating systems....mostly Linux. Most Linux work just fine, but I find that I have your problem only when I use VectorLinux 7 with it's "Chestnut Dialer" (for dialup). Seems to have something to do with the security settings. Maybe if you are using Windows,...you could check your security settings?
EDIT: Oh,..and be sure you have your cookie settings where you allow cookies for those sites (they seem to be very picky about that)....

Last edited by Gulfside; 08-26-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Funny thing is I have one user account that every time I open a ebay page a pop-up comes up asking which program I want to use to open the file. Drives me bonkers. Makes me paranoid that ebay is trying to upload stuff onto my PC. Only happens on ebay and only this user account.

Does you issue happen on another user account also?
Old 08-27-2012

Longevity: 74%

Check your security settings in your browser. I didn't see flash on your list to update, you may want to check that.
Old 08-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Since the lap-top is new, I would be careful of voiding any warranty.

Have you considered that?

Old 08-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Since the lap-top is new, I would be careful of voiding any warranty.

Have you considered that?

Voiding any warranty usually happens when you modify the hardware. The OP seems to be having issues with software.

Dell computers usually don't have those stickers that say "void warranty is removed". Usually Asus and MSI have those type of stickers in some hardware spots. Most of the time around the processor.

I would reload the OS like Grannyt said. If might be some software or "bloatware" that interferes with the scripts or drivers of the new laptop.

It seems you have the Inspiron 15 model. Yea most likely "bloatware" problems. You need to load a new OS. It's the fastest way to solve your problems.
Old 08-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
Voiding any warranty usually happens when you modify the hardware. The OP seems to be having issues with software.

Dell computers usually don't have those stickers that say "void warranty is removed". Usually Asus and MSI have those type of stickers in some hardware spots. Most of the time around the processor.

I would reload the OS like Grannyt said. If might be some software or "bloatware" that interferes with the scripts or drivers of the new laptop.

It seems you have the Inspiron 15 model. Yea most likely "bloatware" problems. You need to load a new OS. It's the fastest way to solve your problems.
I have the same model.... Boy of boy they are loaded with bloatcrap...
Old 08-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

since the laptop is new just take it back to the store and ask for another one. explain them the problem and let them try to recreate it. take advantage of that support you pay for
Old 08-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
since the laptop is new just take it back to the store and ask for another one. explain them the problem and let them try to recreate it. take advantage of that support you pay for
You dont understand. Bloatware is in almost every computer out there from any company. Companies pay the computer companies to have these programs on there. It means extra money for the laptop manufacture and it means cheaper computers, in "theory".

If your desktop is custom built by you then this does not apply to you. If your laptop is from a small boutique seller like Sager or Eurocom, this also does not apply to you.

You can uninstall these programs but for me the best way is to do a fresh install of the OS.

Besides, maybe the OP got his laptop from Dell website. He would be without a laptop for 1 week min.

Dell computers are notorious for bloatware. Sony takes the top spot.

Last edited by yotano211; 08-28-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 08-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Yes I definitely hear ya. One of the more frequent jobs I do for people is 'set up' their new computers. It makes me a feel a little uneasy but it is what it is. People wonder why when I do a reinstall of their OS 1 year later, their computer runs faster than it did when they got it. Sick world
Old 08-28-2012

Download Ccleaner and remove temp files.

Once you've done that, download Chrome and try again
Old 08-30-2012
Threadstarter  

Slim Jim, I was desperate to have a dependable computer immediately and walked out of Best Buy with laptop in hand. Will pick up MS office somewhere else cheaper as I want outlook and access database too, not just the home/student version.

I did not pay for any annual service yet. Here the laptop sits because I cannot even get into paypal or ebay.

I didn't get software discs, it came already installed.

Willing to go pay for the annual. Just didn't want to deal with all that at the time.

what would you recommend next step.

This laptop will replace my old gigantic Dell desktop which is running really slow now a days. Actually, Best Buy says I can have 3 computers services with I buy the Annual thing, but nothing is ever free, I am sure. Probably hidden charges out the kazoo to take any computer in to best buy anytime.

I usually just pick up second hand off ebay and craigslist and have had good luck.

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2012

Send a message via MSN to ZoonVoo Send a message via Yahoo to ZoonVoo Send a message via Skype™ to ZoonVoo

Do you have any firewall on this laptop if yes, disable it
Old 08-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

you do not have to buy extra service. any new laptop comes with minimum 1 year warranty. i would never suggest buying extended warranties
Old 08-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMae View Post
Slim Jim, I was desperate to have a dependable computer immediately and walked out of Best Buy with laptop in hand. Will pick up MS office somewhere else cheaper as I want outlook and access database too, not just the home/student version.

I did not pay for any annual service yet. Here the laptop sits because I cannot even get into paypal or ebay.

I didn't get software discs, it came already installed.

Willing to go pay for the annual. Just didn't want to deal with all that at the time.

what would you recommend next step.

This laptop will replace my old gigantic Dell desktop which is running really slow now a days. Actually, Best Buy says I can have 3 computers services with I buy the Annual thing, but nothing is ever free, I am sure. Probably hidden charges out the kazoo to take any computer in to best buy anytime.

I usually just pick up second hand off ebay and craigslist and have had good luck.

Thanks!
Don't get MS Office, there is free programs out there that can do the same thing of that. It's called Open Office.

It has all the same functions of MS Office plus free.
Apache OpenOffice - The Free and Open Productivity Suite
Old 08-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

I download open office on all my PC's.... Good stuff...
Old 08-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

yes open office is godsent however i still have people that cry that they NEED microsoft office when i do a reinstall. sick world but it is what it is
Old 08-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
yes open office is godsent however i still have people that cry that they NEED microsoft office when i do a reinstall. sick world but it is what it is
Yea I know. I worked for a computer repair shop while in college and most people who wanted MS office didn't want Open Office installed. I would tell them that it's free and does the very same thing of MS office but 90% would not budge. The shop sold them at cost so it meant more work for me installing that crap.

MS office always took much more time to install than open office. I guess people just want to stay in the safe zone.
Old 08-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

it is sick how marketing has shaped the sheeps' minds. this little conversation just made me realize that x100. now i am glad i am taking a marketing class this semester!
Old 08-30-2012
Threadstarter  

how do I know if I have a firewall. both my desktop and old laptop are so slow, I am losing so much time, and cannot get this laptop to work with paypal or ebay. I guess I need to hire some local or get best buy 1 yr program and tell them to make ebay and paypal accessible to me. I am losing because laptop won't work........
Old 08-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

MaggieMae- you are not understanding something. you automatically have a 1 year warranty when you buy the laptop. take it in and tell them the problem that you are having. tell them you use bought this for business and it is not working the way you would like it to. talk to a manager if you have to.