I got a letter from ebay suspension but what does it mean? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-21-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default I got a letter from ebay suspension but what does it mean?

I just got an email from ebay. But the thing I don't get is they said my suspension was indefinite. Then the say
Quote:
Unfortunately, as this account has been found to have been suspended correctly, you will have to wait until the suspension period has expired before this account will be reinstated.
What expiration and how long? They didn't say. What are you're thoughts? Thanks.

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for writing to eBay in regards to your suspended account. XXXX, as you are aware, on April 1, 2008 we send you a notice about the administrative removal of your listing for violating our Digitally Delivered Goods Policy. On April 17, 2008 your listings were removed for being in violation of this policy because of the following:

- "Once you download our software you can watch just about anything you want! This includes No Wait - INSTANT DOWNLOAD!!!"

As such, due to the continuous violation and disregard of our policy, wehave decided to suspend your account.

Digital goods are often reproduced at little to no cost to the seller. On eBay, this creates the potential for Feedback Manipulation. To preserve the integrity of the Feedback system, all goods that can be digitally downloaded or transferred electronically (including email delivery) must be listed using the Classified Ads format in the Everything Else > Information Products category only.

For information about Miscategorization - Digitally Delivered Goods and Classified Ads format, go to: Categorization of Listings Advertising with Classified Ads

I certainly understand your concern that there are other listings that may be violating the same policy. Since there are so many listings on our site, we can't immediately catch all listings that potentially violate our policies. So it's possible that there may be listings currently on the site in violation of our guidelines. When we become aware of a listing that is in violation of our policies, we take appropriate action.

Now with regards to the suspension of your account, in every instance wetook action we sent you notice of the violation. Additionally, our notices state,

"violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension."

As such, we feel you had adequate opportunity to be informed of your violations, and amend your listed items accordingly.

Unfortunately, as this account has been found to have been suspended correctly, you will have to wait until the suspension period has expired before this account will be reinstated. Thank you for your time and concern in this matter.

Sincerely,
Kip

eBay Customer Support
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-22-2008

Longevity: 94%

What did your original email say, when you had been suspended? That tells you how long you are suspended for. If it's indefinite, you're not getting it back.
Old 04-22-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 92%

Thanks. My original email said indefinite. If it is indeed indefinite, why did he say wait until expires? Should I email them again and ask? I'm losing $100 a day here.