Adding SSN to Amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 09-06-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Adding SSN to Amazon

When Amazon requests your EIN/SSN do you have to use your real physical address or can I use a UPS Store box address
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-06-2012
Threadstarter  

Also, I've tried contacting the IRS and the guy told me to contact Amazon which I really do not want to do. Just looking for any previous experience with this.

If I use my UPS Store address can Amazon see it and will it cause the IRS to reject it?

I don't have a business set-up, just a personal UPS store box.
Old 09-06-2012
Threadstarter  

I've also just spoke with a Tax Prof. and he didn't know the ins and outs of the Amazon/IRS relation.

He said that I should be able to use the mailing address without issue but again to contact Amazon, which I clearly can't do.

Surely someone has tried using their "stealth" address while providing the tax info, of course with the real SSN/EIN.

If you have stealth, and used your real address, did Amazon link you?
Old 09-07-2012

Longevity: 70%

Stop opening new threads. This has been covered in hundreds of threads to every possible corner of every issue. Nobody is going to walk your hand through every little detail. The forum is here, so use it, wisely.
Old 09-10-2012
Threadstarter  

I'm sorry but I can't find it, and I searched for hours. All I find is about opening a DBA account and using that address and some stuff about Paypal, which id different from Amazon.

Care to point out to me where this has been discussed.

I just have a UPS store box, not a DBA setup somewhere.

Its frustrating to have a forum, contact the IRS and a tax Prof and still be in the same boat I was in before. Then you state its readily available. Why not just take the 20 seconds to answer the question?

Only Amazon knows this, along with others who have tried different methods, and I can't contact Amazon so that leaves this forum. Apparently I can't find what you can, so would you, or someone kindly share the answer
Old 09-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

HARDCORE HOLLY - i have a question for you. obviously you are not a new member on the forum. when have you ever answered someone else's questions? stop begging
Old 09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDCOREHOLLY View Post
When Amazon requests your EIN/SSN do you have to use your real physical address or can I use a UPS Store box address
Consult a tax professional, they will know the answer to that.
Old 09-11-2012

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoff0165 View Post
Consult a tax professional, they will know the answer to that.
Or you can GOOGLE it.. I love Google... here is what I found:

"A PO Box is an acceptable address for all IRS forms. I have been a CPA for nearly ten years and you will not have a problem with using a PO Box as your business address." from here: Can I use a P.O. Box as my address on a 1099 that I send to an independent contrator? - Yahoo! Answers
Old 09-14-2012

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancnbaby View Post
Or you can GOOGLE it.. I love Google... here is what I found:

"A PO Box is an acceptable address for all IRS forms. I have been a CPA for nearly ten years and you will not have a problem with using a PO Box as your business address." from here: Can I use a P.O. Box as my address on a 1099 that I send to an independent contrator? - Yahoo! Answers
I have read that you can't have PO Box for business address. That is to say, you have to have a real, physical address when it is submitted to IRS. Afterwards, not sure about. I tried using a PO Box address and was rejected both times I used it.
Old 09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recherché View Post
I have read that you can't have PO Box for business address. That is to say, you have to have a real, physical address when it is submitted to IRS. Afterwards, not sure about. I tried using a PO Box address and was rejected both times I used it.
On Amz? It may just be Amz then. Which is confusing to me b/c the guide states get a POBOX and every time I try to ask someone if you can use a POBOX totally on Amz, no one answers. So I am not sure.
Old 09-14-2012

Are you referring to when you get your business license? Then no you cannot. Or are you talking about Amz?

"When registering your business, you are required by the state to have a physical mailing address to be considered business compliant, rather than a P.O. box. Your home may be considered your physical business address. If you prefer to keep your work address separate from your home, and since a P.O. box does not qualify for the registration, you may want to consider a registered agent service, which is approved in some states, or a virtual office. It is also worth knowing that some banks may not extend credit to businesses with a P.O. box address.

Read more: Can You Use a PO Box to Register a Business? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8350326_can-po-box-register-business.html#ixzz26TIdi69O"
Old 09-14-2012

Longevity: 85%

My apologies. I mistakenly thought you were referring to business license address. You are correct. With Amazon you can use any address. I do with home addresses, PO Box, etc.