asked a million times... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 09-07-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default asked a million times...

no doubt...

but how on earth do you sell an item on amazon

ive an account that ive had 6 months maybe more

i tried a few links to sell an item but it wants me to pick an item that i want to sell ?????? my item is not on amazon

i can however seem to start registering for a £25 a month business sellers account

which i dont really want i want to sell less than 30 items... but how to register for that account ?

sick of it already

amazon uk by the way
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-07-2012

Longevity: 73%

If your item is not listed on Amazon you need to create a new listing the only way to do that is getting a pro account which will cost you. Selling an item that is listed already is free however (minus selling fees)
Old 09-07-2012

Longevity: 79%

It may be worth it to register for the pro account. If you only sell 20 items a month that comes out to only a little over £1 per item sold. Just include that in your bottomline costs and it should barely effect your profit margins.
Old 09-07-2012

Longevity: 75%

I know little about Amazon. I have been on it for 18 months and I have never taken more than £100 per month off of it. Probably because I don't know how to work it but I stick with the £28 per month because in that 18 months I have only had one month where I actually lost money -
Old 09-07-2012

Longevity: 67%

Yes, you need to create a pro account. Depending on what catagory you are going to list in you still will need an sku# to list even as a Pro Merchant. You can easily get that sku though and begin to list in all catagories.
Old 09-07-2012

Longevity: 75%

I have to agree with that - sometimes being ignorant and feeling your way can produce very interesting results
Old 09-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

look on the internet for part #'s or skus, i thought an item i wanted to sell wasn't listed but eventually found it. for some reason it does not always come up under a search for the name
Old 09-08-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
look on the internet for part #'s or skus, i thought an item i wanted to sell wasn't listed but eventually found it. for some reason it does not always come up under a search for the name
i was thinking the same... so i tried a test and picked a random item and it asks me to confirm that this is the item i want to sell.. and im thinking wow this si someone elses item... item description or listing that im trying to list ?

bit confusing the whole thing

perhaps ill leave it a bit

got enought to do with stealth and my other interests

thanks for the replies though all very interesting and ever still a learning curve...gotta love this place fair play :D
Old 09-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

/quote

I know little about Amazon. I have been on it for 18 months and I have never taken more than £100 per month off of it. Probably because I don't know how to work it but I stick with the £28 per month because in that 18 months I have only had one month where I actually lost money -

Rough GTran - it is a tough cookie.
Old 09-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboman View Post
i was thinking the same... so i tried a test and picked a random item and it asks me to confirm that this is the item i want to sell.. and im thinking wow this si someone elses item... item description or listing that im trying to list ?

bit confusing the whole thing

perhaps ill leave it a bit

got enought to do with stealth and my other interests

thanks for the replies though all very interesting and ever still a learning curve...gotta love this place fair play :D
i was selling something the other day, couldn't find the item by name but eventually found it by sku. the item sold the next day. i was the only one selling it. i am curious whether someone can 'watch' this item and see when it comes up for sale. i do not know amazon well but i would have to think this sale was because of that rather than creating a new item
Old 09-09-2012

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
i was selling something the other day, couldn't find the item by name but eventually found it by sku. the item sold the next day. i was the only one selling it. i am curious whether someone can 'watch' this item and see when it comes up for sale. i do not know amazon well but i would have to think this sale was because of that rather than creating a new item
You cannot watch an item like you can for Ebay- but you CAN put an item in your shopping cart, and when it is sold, it then moves out of your cart and just creates a link to click on to see if any other sellers have it.

I had a pro account (USA) and in my case it was $40 a month, so as long as I sold 40 items or more a month, it was worth it.

I am not sure if once the item sells that you put in your cart (and there is no more left) if when you restock it then says that person has it in stock. But I do use the feature all the time on competitors so I can know when they change their price and how fast the item is selling, etc.
Old 09-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancnbaby View Post
You cannot watch an item like you can for Ebay- but you CAN put an item in your shopping cart, and when it is sold, it then moves out of your cart and just creates a link to click on to see if any other sellers have it.

I had a pro account (USA) and in my case it was $40 a month, so as long as I sold 40 items or more a month, it was worth it.

I am not sure if once the item sells that you put in your cart (and there is no more left) if when you restock it then says that person has it in stock. But I do use the feature all the time on competitors so I can know when they change their price and how fast the item is selling, etc.
excellent info thx