What network details do amazon see when you login - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 09-08-2012
roberto

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Exclamation What network details do amazon see when you login

Can somone tell me all the network details amazon can see?

And also kindly answer this

1) Can they see mac address of your wireless adapter or ethernet

2) Can they see mac address of mobile broadband dongle or IMEI/ESN

3) Can they see mac address of stuff that isnt used to login to he internet e.g bluetooth dongle
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

There is a LOT of speculation on this subject,,I would assume YES to everything and Plan Accordingly,,,Its what I do
Old 09-08-2012
roberto

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
There is a LOT of speculation on this subject,,I would assume YES to everything and Plan Accordingly,,,Its what I do
that is not true, so many people say amazon can see your mac address.

but every computer expert i talk to say it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the persons mac address unless they are logging into your network (i.e they are on same network as you, using same router)

so how on earth do amazon get the mac address, whereas all the other experts in the world cant?

also, this website tells you everything amazon could see

Anonymity Checker - Test Your Anonymity On The Internet

the details on the website above are all the details that a website you login to can possibly see

Last edited by roberto; 09-08-2012 at 12:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Ebayorbust (09-08-2012)
Old 09-08-2012
roberto

even i know this former hacker who went to jail for 6 years for stealing credit card details (his since been released)

he told me that a website CAN NOT see your mac address
Old 09-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post

but every computer expert i talk to say it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the persons mac address unless they are logging into your network (i.e they are on same network as you, using same router)

so how on earth do amazon get the mac address, whereas all the other experts in the world cant?

the details on the website above are all the details that a website you login to can possibly see

I actually Agree, and Im ON RECORD LONG before you even joined the forum as saying so (Use the Search box, You will find my posts on this subject) But there are MANY on this Forum who do NOT, My comments simply are intended NOT to offend them, Besides Spoofing a MAC address is EASY,,so where is the Harm in that?

Last edited by slapped; 09-08-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:

Really interesting post, thanks.

So do you (and slapped) believe Amazon track you through IP, cookies, browser fingerprint, add-ons and fonts installed on your PC?

Slapped, I think I remember reading a post of yours on how you have different browsers, add ons etc installed on seperate virtual machines. Was that one of yours?
Old 09-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post

So do you (and slapped) believe Amazon track you through IP, cookies, browser fingerprint, add-ons and fonts installed on your PC?

Slapped, I think I remember reading a post of yours on how you have different browsers, add ons etc installed on seperate virtual machines. Was that one of yours?
Yes, Absolutly, I wrote that post, and MANY others like it.

I have LONG believed that the MAC Tracking argument was a Myth,,But as I stated above a LOT of RESPECTED Members Here Do Believe in it,,So, i will respect that, and again there is NOTHING to spoofing a MAC address,
Ebayorbust (09-08-2012)
Old 09-08-2012
roberto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post

well talking to computer experts what i have really found out is this.

1. its best to use 1 computer per account

2. they can NOT track you from mac address, NIC, IMEI e.t.c, i talked to hackers/computer experts and they say the only way to do that is ILLEGAL, you need to hack to do that. The only other way of getting MAC address without hacking is if they are on same network as amazon, i.e they use same internet connection as amazon. and no one on aspkin would do that or be able to unless you work there.

3. Making multiple accounts on amazon is easier than anyone thinks, all you need is a different pc and ip address on that pc. I have also been told by some people that amazon can not even see the address set on the bank account you use. Banks can not give details like that away !!! its obvious

Last edited by roberto; 09-08-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-08-2012

Longevity: 74%

I'm pretty sure that AZ cannot get address for a bank account. I believe that they can only check the zip codes. We all know that Az puts a small charge on your card right after you add it. And i think if the charge goes throu then you are ok and if now, well you all know way too well
Interesting discussion nonetheless.
Old 09-08-2012
roberto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artann View Post
I'm pretty sure that AZ cannot get address for a bank account. I believe that they can only check the zip codes. We all know that Az puts a small charge on your card right after you add it. And i think if the charge goes throu then you are ok and if now, well you all know way too well
Interesting discussion nonetheless.
I have heard from many people they cant get the address.

But can they get anything from the bank account you add?
Old 09-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I have heard from many people they cant get the address.

But can they get anything from the bank account you add?
Roberto you are Oversimplifing and Underestimating Amazon at the same time.

First off I can tell you EXACTLY how Amazon tracks your EVERY Move, now it is a LOT to Post here now, HOWEVER I have Posted EVERY Method that they have used as well as Methods that they are Currently Implementing RIGHT NOW as we speak, use the Search Box, go into my Past Amazon related Posts and you will find a BONANZA of information.

Now, as for a Computer for Every account,,well, that is ABSOLUTE OVERKILL, the Methods outlined in Amazon Ghost coupled with some "Tweaks" that I have Shared on this Forum work 100% GUARANTEED,,,

As for your bank address comments, while you are 100% correct in your statement that Amazon CANNOT get your Banking or your Banks actual address solely from your account number,, Amazon can Know what Region of the Country your bank is Located in, They can achieve this with the banks "Routing" Numbers.

Every bank has MANY Routing Numbers that they use, Most banks assign a specific region of the country to a 1 particular Routing Number, so even though Amazon cannot see the banks address as 123 Main Street, New York, they can know that the bank is located in New York, now that will not mean much, but if your account is based out of Texas, that coupled with other little information tid bits can lead to a problem.

Your assertion that Amazon account creation is Easy is at BEST,,, FLAWED,,,Amazon has FAR, FAR Superior Cyber Security Software patroling its system,,BETTER than MOST Banks, let alone Ebay or Paypal,,,I CLOSELY follow the Company that ACTUALLY Develops Amazons Cyber Security Software,,,

If you do not Believe it just ask users here how many of them have had their new Amazon accounts DELETED in LESS than a Week after creation,,,and do NOT think for one second that ALL those users created their accounts using a method that is inferior to yours,,NO WAY,,all it takes is a very simple Oversight, Like listing Different products form the same Manufacturer on different accounts,,,Yea, thats right,,list an Xbox on one account, and then list an Xbox controller on another and Amazon might just have enough info to link and Delete those 2 accounts,,,Use the search box and Read some of my past posts,,,

Last edited by slapped; 09-08-2012 at 09:35 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
MichaelW (09-08-2012), stanislav (09-08-2012), yotano211 (09-09-2012)
Old 09-08-2012

Longevity: 90%

Thank you very much slapped! I am going to find your posts and read them all. I have't yet created my first amazon account so I haven't lost any yet. Can I ask you a few questions while we are on the same topic? It might not be related by anyone can answer it who knows anything about selling on Amazon. I have Amazon.ca (never sold anything) and I want to create amazon .com account. Will I have to use US IP or it's okay to create using canadian ISP?
Old 09-09-2012

Longevity: 67%

So with all that said... do you need to changed your wireless router's MAC address if you just use different IP addresses and use the VM?
Old 09-18-2017

Longevity: 38%
Default Re: What network details do amazon see when you login

Quote:

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK. I clicked it and got a message saying my computer was locked up and I needed to call a number right away. So Robert your link has been hacked. WTF is nothing secure anymore????