Anyone buying some iphone 5s? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 09-14-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default Anyone buying some iphone 5s?

Who's gonna line up, preorder them to resell? I'm trying to think if it is worth it considering that the online preorder is now sold out, and will ship 2 weeks later. Is that still enough time to turn a profit?

I guess we have to see who gets it when, across the world.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-14-2012

Longevity: 76%
Send a message via Yahoo to WasTopRatedThenBanned

Whats funny is the iphone 4 is now 0.99.
Reason why its funny? We bought the iphone 3 17 days ago for 0.99.
Called at&t last night for the exchange :D
Old 09-14-2012
Threadstarter  

LOL nice! I ordered a few on the Apple site, unlocked, without contract. Been stuck with contracts all my life, never again...
Old 09-14-2012

Send a message via Yahoo to WasTopRatedThenBanned

I really can not justify our contract. We are paying $50 more.
Old 09-14-2012

Longevity: 70%

The biggest mistake most people make when it comes to selling online is buying the hottest current item......

My advice would be to hold onto it and ether put it up on eBay/Amazon mid December. Better yet stick to craigslist, and post it mid December.
Old 09-14-2012
Red X

Longevity: 0%

Cricket will have the iphone 5 for $399 & $499 on September 28th off Contract via Prepaid. In the near future they should be able to be flashed to Verizon/Sprint, so in the end it saves money.

I actually preordered a Quad Core iphone 5 Replica running on top of Android 4.0 with custom IOS 6 rom, theres another one that even runs Siri, because I have a thing for good quality clones (my habit).
Old 09-14-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post
The biggest mistake most people make when it comes to selling online is buying the hottest current item......
That is true. But it is an apple product after all...sad to say this, but they are basic instant sellers

I use an S3 myself, and don't plan on using iphones anymore. Androids just do so much more for the same price. I used to have a 4S, but this S3 just blows my mind!
Old 09-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X View Post
Cricket will have the iphone 5 for $399 & $499 on September 28th off Contract via Prepaid. In the near future they should be able to be flashed to Verizon/Sprint, so in the end it saves money.

I actually preordered a Quad Core iphone 5 Replica running on top of Android 4.0 with custom IOS 6 rom, theres another one that even runs Siri, because I have a thing for good quality clones (my habit).
Goophone. I am still waiting for this la.w.su.it they keep talking about.
Old 09-14-2012
Red X

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Goophone. I am still waiting for this la.w.su.it they keep talking about.
Theres the GooPhone I5 thats Dual Core, and a more expensive one thats QUAD Core, theres also another iphone 5 clone called ThunderBird I5 (A little more powerful clone), and the clone with Siri hasn't released yet.

They may win this lawsuit. China seems to side with their own kind when it comes to lawsuits, Apple has lost a lawsuit against a smaller company In China. The same could happen to them when they are sued by Goophone.

Also Samsung & HTC will be suing Apple over LTE patents. Samsung owns a little more than 27% of LTE patents. What goes around comes around.
Old 09-14-2012

Longevity: 73%

it is great to see new phones coming out but I think apple should expand its market and make lower and higher end phones to attract a greater audience.

There is no point in preordering the iphone 5 cause in just a few weeks it will be on sale everywhere so you can test it out and decide to stay with the 4 or go for the 5.
Old 09-14-2012

Longevity: 68%

****iPhone 5

Last edited by mcmx; 09-14-2012 at 12:10 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcmx For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (09-14-2012)
Old 09-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloch View Post
it is great to see new phones coming out but I think apple should expand its market and make lower and higher end phones to attract a greater audience.
Then you make yourself look like any other regular low end company. They are not trying to be Wal-Mart.

They are a luxury brand and luxury brands have no need to advertise to cheap skates. You aspire to buy their products, they don't aspire to your broke a*s low income lifestyle.
Old 09-14-2012
Red X

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloch View Post

There is no point in preordering the iphone 5 cause in just a few weeks it will be on sale everywhere so you can test it out and decide to stay with the 4 or go for the 5.
You will get your wish this Fall if they release the ipad mini.

While everyones talking about Apple, check out something different called the Wikipad, the gaming tablet from GameStop that will have Darksiders 2, and other console games out of the box instantly for $499.99, releases this Halloween.

Wikipad for Android | GameStop
Old 09-14-2012

Longevity: 80%

I preordered 2 to resell.. Gonna make a quick 1200-1500 bucks easy!
Old 09-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

lol Americans complaining about their cellphone contracts

At least you guys don't have to deal with extremely overpriced plans and 3 year contracts
Old 09-14-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
I preordered 2 to resell.. Gonna make a quick 1200-1500 bucks easy!
Who are you planning on selling these to? UAE? Rest of Asia other than Singapore/Hong Kong (21st release date)

I preordered 2 as well.
Old 09-14-2012

This is no different than every other hot item. Market becomes flooded, and your profit goes wayyyy down. Add fees, shipping, insurance, etc, and by the end of it all, it is not worth it. The only exception to this is doing it on craigslist, which is tax/fee free.

From personal experience, when the Wii came out, I bought a dozen of them and sold them on ebay and made like 5K or so after all the fees and crap. I then bought a few more batches, and my profit was wayyy higher selling directly on craigslist.

Once, again I can not stress enough, sell them 2 weeks before Christmas. People become desperate and will pay anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to AmazonStealth For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (09-14-2012)
Old 09-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
lol Americans complaining about their cellphone contracts

At least you guys don't have to deal with extremely overpriced plans and 3 year contracts
You not know about companies like Wind? I know there are others, but they have top of the line cell phones and all prepaid. On top of that, you guys share all the same frequencies we have here in the USA. So, any phone that runs on our networks also runs on your's. Importing unlocked phones and staying out of contract is easy. You have your options too, don't complain.
Old 09-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post
This is no different than every other hot item. Market becomes flooded, and your profit goes wayyyy down. Add fees, shipping, insurance, etc, and by the end of it all, it is not worth it. The only exception to this is doing it on craigslist, which is tax/fee free.

From personal experience, when the Wii came out, I bought a dozen of them and sold them on ebay and made like 5K or so after all the fees and crap. I then bought a few more batches, and my profit was wayyy higher selling directly on craigslist.

Once, again I can not stress enough, sell them 2 weeks before Christmas. People become desperate and will pay anything.
As the years go by, this idea of flipping these devices to other countries who aren't as lucky is all but over. Now everyone gets the phones at the same time. So, I think some people need to really think about it before going crazy thinking they will make a few thousand dollars over night.

Also, I am as strong of a supporter of CL trading as you are, but these products are now highly targeted by thieves and people traf.ficking coun.ter.feit money. You have to be much more cautious than you had to be when CL was first introduced. Apple products are among the most highly targeted for both.
Old 09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
As the years go by, this idea of flipping these devices to other countries who aren't as lucky is all but over. Now everyone gets the phones at the same time. So, I think some people need to really think about it before going crazy thinking they will make a few thousand dollars over night.

Also, I am as strong of a supporter of CL trading as you are, but these products are now highly targeted by thieves and people traf.ficking coun.ter.feit money. You have to be much more cautious than you had to be when CL was first introduced. Apple products are among the most highly targeted for both.
I dont ship any of my items outside the USA, so I cant comment on other countries, but as far as craigslist it is pretty much just common sense for high priced items....

-Have a counterfeit pen with you
-Go to a populated located
-Have someone with you if possible

I typically only sell items on craigslist that are of high value, and never had ran into any issues. It all comes down to common sense, being smart, and being able to know if something is fishy or too good to be true.
Old 09-14-2012

Longevity: 68%

Lmao

Video: How Bad Do You Want That iPhone 5? Burglar Drives His BMW Through An Apple Store Window!
Old 09-14-2012

Longevity: 78%

I absolutely love my iphone..... wouldn't change it for any other brand phone.... but to be honest from 4s to 5..... there isn't much difference.... just faster and little changes like interfaces and maps.... not really worth my money...

They need to step it up and come up with something new and innovative... I hate how slow our technology upgrades......