I want to sell an item that is not on amazon. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default I want to sell an item that is not on amazon.

Basically i want to sell an item that is non branded and is not on amazon, to list the item i have to create a UPC it is a cellphone case. what exactly should i do?

i went to a site called ... gs1us org

i put down all the info which i think is right....

what is this? Do i really have to create a barcode for each item?

cant i just create one bar code just to get the UPC and sell all my items under that and not have to put a barcode on each item that sells?

Your prefix allows the creation of 100 barcodes.
Your annual license renewal will be $158.
Total Due
$1,575

please im guessing i need some professional advice on this one.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-13-2012

Longevity: 70%

Buying UPCs will not fare well for your account. You must be approved to sell your own items. And if you arent a legit company you will not be selling your own items. Your telling me out of the 50,000+ cases on amazon you cant find yours? Anyways sell it on ebay.
Old 09-13-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post
Buying UPCs will not fair well for your account. You must be approved to sell your own items. And if you arent a legit company you will not be selling your own items. Your telling me out of the 50,000+ cases on amazon you cant find yours? Anyways sell it on ebay.
Why wouldn't it? I talked to amazon support they said as long as i have the UPC for the item i become the manufacturer and i can list the item. That item is also no where to be found on ebay as well.

So to answer your question, yes that case has not been claimed yet on amazon to be sold.
Old 09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutStealth View Post
Why wouldn't it? I talked to amazon support they said as long as i have the UPC for the item i become the manufacturer and i can list the item. That item is also no where to be found on ebay as well.

So to answer your question, yes that case has not been claimed yet on amazon to be sold.
You have no idea what you are talking about, so you really should stop talking now. A UPC is a code that is registered with that specific product. Sure you can buy UPCs, but it is only a matter of time before your account will end on amazon with UPCs that are not authentic.

This is just another case of a member on here being so ignorant, that they dont see beyond their imaginary believe. 1,000 people could say no, and one person will say yes, and since that one person said yes, you think it will work out. Not a good idea for a long term solution, but go for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to AmazonStealth For This Useful Post:
MichaelW (09-13-2012)
Old 09-13-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You have no idea what you are talking about, so you really should stop talking now. A UPC is a code that is registered with that specific product. Sure you can buy UPCs, but it is only a matter of time before your account will end on amazon with UPCs that are not authentic.

This is just another case of a member on here being so ignorant, that they dont see beyond their imaginary believe. 1,000 people could say no, and one person will say yes, and since that one person said yes, you think it will work out. Not a good idea for a long term solution, but go for it.
Your right, I'm really not educated in this subject which is why i would need your help to find out what exactly need to be done.

Lets say this item just came out

http://www.amazon.com/Phone-Cover-Samsung-I9300-Galaxy/dp/B008BL1B6W/ref=sr_1_1?s=mobile&ie=UTF8&qid=1347559159&sr=1-1
it is not selling on amazon, how would i sell this item?
Old 09-13-2012

See that square box with the sellers on the right hand side of the screen? At the bottom there will be a "Sell on Amazon" button. If those appear on the listing page then you can also sell yours. If you see a listing without that, then the seller has been authorized to sell that item, and you will not have the authority or option to do so. If you are a legit business and have gone through the process then you may be able to do so.

In other words in order to sell items that are not on amazon you need to be a legit business, and go through the process to be able to create your own product pages. This is an extremely long process, and I can tell you most people will be unable to do so, for many reasons.

Amazon and eBay are not exactly alike and that is the reason they can both succeed. If they were both exactly the same, then one would be dominating the other. If you cant sell it on amazon just sell it on eBay. And if you are thinking....."there are tons on ebay and thats why I want to sell on amazon", then clearly there is a reason.

I am not trying to be rude, but trying to go through amazons loop holes will not fly, and is not a long term solution.
Old 09-13-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
See that square box with the sellers on the right hand side of the screen? At the bottom there will be a "Sell on Amazon" button. If those appear on the listing page then you can also sell yours. If you see a listing without that, then the seller has been authorized to sell that item, and you will not have the authority or option to do so. If you are a legit business and have gone through the process then you may be able to do so.

In other words in order to sell items that are not on amazon you need to be a legit business, and go through the process to be able to create your own product pages. This is an extremely long process, and I can tell you most people will be unable to do so, for many reasons.

Amazon and eBay are not exactly alike and that is the reason they can both succeed. If they were both exactly the same, then one would be dominating the other. If you cant sell it on amazon just sell it on eBay. And if you are thinking....."there are tons on ebay and thats why I want to sell on amazon", then clearly there is a reason.

I am not trying to be rude, but trying to go through amazons loop holes will not fly, and is not a long term solution.
the reason why i want to sell this item on amazon is because i estimated about 100 orders off just this item a day where on ebay i do not have a limit to list 3000 items per month.
Old 09-14-2012

Longevity: 67%

Is your amazon account individual or pro? If it is individual there is no chance. If it is a pro merchant acct, then you can use a new upc. The issue with this is that particular upc is not listed in Amazons catalog and therefore raises a flag. Amazon is well aware of people purchasing upc's in order to list. As far as using one upc to list multiples, this will not work. Once you submit the upc one time Amazon will recognize a duplicate listing when trying to use it for a different item. You can purchase upc's much cheaper then what you mentioned though.
Hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to hbz For This Useful Post:
drea (12-03-2012)
Old 09-14-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbz View Post
Is your amazon account individual or pro? If it is individual there is no chance. If it is a pro merchant acct, then you can use a new upc. The issue with this is that particular upc is not listed in Amazons catalog and therefore raises a flag. Amazon is well aware of people purchasing upc's in order to list. As far as using one upc to list multiples, this will not work. Once you submit the upc one time Amazon will recognize a duplicate listing when trying to use it for a different item. You can purchase upc's much cheaper then what you mentioned though.
Hope this helps
No my amazon is Pro, and yes... your right the 100 UPC(100 is minimum i can purchase) will cost me i believe around 750$, every hour im trying to educate myself about this as fast as possible because i feel like i lose money every day by lagging it.

So plz hbz can you tell me, this item i am purchasing from dhgate is a regular cellphone case non branded very simple that is not listed on amazon, can i buy upcs for it if i am not the designer nor the creator of the case? This will make me the manufacturer correct? Am i allowed to do this? My amazon account is not stealth it is my real account btw.

Please advise me more on how to accomplished this.
Old 09-14-2012

Longevity: 74%

100 UPC is cost only $200
Quote:
No my amazon is Pro, and yes... your right the 100 UPC(100 is minimum i can purchase) will cost me i believe around 750$, every hour im trying to educate myself about this as fast as possible because i feel like i lose money every day by lagging it.

So plz hbz can you tell me, this item i am purchasing from dhgate is a regular cellphone case non branded very simple that is not listed on amazon, can i buy upcs for it if i am not the designer nor the creator of the case? This will make me the manufacturer correct? Am i allowed to do this? My amazon account is not stealth it is my real account btw.

Old 09-14-2012

Quote:

I am not sure why it would be an issue. I list my own items that I manufacture and I use upc's that are much cheaper.
I am not sure what your concern is. Are you worried about investing in upc's?
Old 09-14-2012

Keep in mind, I keep an eye on people who attempt to sell the same items and me. They are not approved, and 9 times out of 10 the items are removed within a week or so, and most times theirs accounts dont last. Purchasing a UPC will let all your competitors piggy back on the listing.
Old 09-15-2012

Quote:
Keep in mind, I keep an eye on people who attempt to sell the same items and me. They are not approved, and 9 times out of 10 the items are removed within a week or so, and most times theirs accounts dont last. Purchasing a UPC will let all your competitors piggy back on the listing.
Im not sure what you are getting at? I too watch my competitors closely but what is it you are trying to say? What is the approval you keep referring to?
Amazon has an approval list I am unaware of? Is this a upc approval list?
I realize that competitors can piggy back but he says noone has his product listed. Yet anyway. Or are you suggesting that the upc all together is a bad idea for him?
Old 09-15-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbz View Post
Im not sure what you are getting at? I too watch my competitors closely but what is it you are trying to say? What is the approval you keep referring to?
Amazon has an approval list I am unaware of? Is this a upc approval list?
I realize that competitors can piggy back but he says noone has his product listed. Yet anyway. Or are you suggesting that the upc all together is a bad idea for him?
I think he has an idea of what i will be selling, i found this site for upc's could someone please confirm if this is legit and all the prices are right?

10 upcs for 20 bucks sounds like a steal

Buy UPC Codes & Sell on Amazon | Code UPC | Instant Delivery
Old 09-15-2012

The UPC price sound right as I mention above.

Quote:
I think he has an idea of what i will be selling, i found this site for upc's could someone please confirm if this is legit and all the prices are right?

10 upcs for 20 bucks sounds like a steal

Buy UPC Codes & Sell on Amazon | Code UPC | Instant Delivery
Old 09-15-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
The UPC price sound right as I mention above.
for 100 on here its 129
The Following User Says Thank You to AllAboutStealth For This Useful Post:
MichaelW (09-15-2012)
Old 09-15-2012

This is cheaper than the one I know
Quote:
for 100 on here its 129
Old 09-15-2012

speedybarcodes.com is what I use. You can get the price way down.
Works fine. Cheap. Gotta love it. Hope this helps-
The Following User Says Thank You to hbz For This Useful Post:
MichaelW (09-15-2012)
Old 09-17-2012

It is only a matter of time before you sell your item and before you know it, there are 50 other people piggy backing on your listing for .01. If you arent approved dont waste your time or money, it wont end well for those who buy ⊗⊗⊗⊗ upcs
Old 09-19-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It is only a matter of time before you sell your item and before you know it, there are 50 other people piggy backing on your listing for .01. If you arent approved dont waste your time or money, it wont end well for those who buy ⊗⊗⊗⊗ upcs
So please tell me friend how to this item, its non branded.... how do i start selling it, i dont want to wait for someone to list it first then me piggy back them.

Last edited by AllAboutStealth; 09-19-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-19-2012

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
It is only a matter of time before you sell your item and before you know it, there are 50 other people piggy backing on your listing for .01. f you arent approved dont waste your time or money, it wont end well for those who buy ⊗⊗⊗⊗ upcs
I don't get what you mean by "piggy backing for .01". Are you saying they will sale the same product as you for .01???
Old 09-19-2012

Quote:
So please tell me friend how to this item, its non branded.... how do i start selling it, i dont want to wait for someone to list it first then me piggy back them.
If you are not cleared by amazon to create your own listings than you can not do it. Simple as that. Yes there are ways around it, but once you are caught, amazon doesnt take it lightly.
Closed Thread