Ebay asking me to link my PayPal account for verification. What to do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-23-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Ebay asking me to link my PayPal account for verification. What to do?

Hey Guys

First of all, thank you to all of you for sharing your experiences with eBay. I followed all the guidelines on here and finally opened a new account on ebay. It looked like it was working well. The account I used on ebay was a year old account that I had opened in the past and never used before. I just changed the username and purchased a simon gift account under the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name I used on ebay. In order to receive payments through PayPal, I entered my PayPal email address but did not link ebay and paypal. I just used to credit card option to make my payments but I did not fill up the bank account information. The first day, I listed 5 items and right now there is already one person bidding on one of the items I listed. However, the second day, I was trying to add some more items. I listed one more item and when I was adding the second item, I got this message from ebay:

You can not submit your listing due to the following problems

Attention Seller:
In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. Your eBay account has been restricted from listing this item at this time until you have verified through PayPal.
1) To verify your PayPal account, click on your country of eBay registration below to understand how to complete that process.
2) If you already have a verified PayPal account, and are still receiving this message, you need to link it to your eBay account.
For instructions on how to become PayPal Verified or how to link your PayPal account to your eBay account, please click on the site of your eBay registration below:
Australia | Austria | Belgium - French | Belgium - Dutch | Canada | France | Germany | India | Ireland | Italy | Malaysia | Netherlands | Philippines | Poland | Singapore | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland | United Kingdom | United States
We sincerely value you as a member of our trading community and look forward to a continued successful relationship.
Click here for a window with eBay's policy on replica or counterfeit items
Click here for more information on limits that may affect your selling activity

Ebay is basically asking me to link my paypal account to my ebay account for verification purposes. I read all the messages on this forum but never seen any message regarding this issue. What do you guys think I should do at this point? Open a new ebay account and forget about this one?

I got one more question: If I open multiple accounts (say 5-6 accounts on ebay with different names and addresses, different paypal emails but one paypal account and different IPs), and buy 5-6 different simon gift accounts to make my ebay payments, can I use the same paypal account under different emails for all the auctions?

I will greatly appreciate any response regarding these issues.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

They are starting this with more and more accounts now. Your only choice is to do as they say ..link a PayPal account!
Old 04-23-2008

Longevity: 93%

Had this happen to me too and you really have no choice but to link pp.
Old 04-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Smile This Way

ebay_sux, Welcome to the forum. Yes link the paypal account. BUT do not race off and make ebay accounts as you described and then use the same paypal account. The magic
word is LINK. Look at it like this: ebay/paypal link. So for every ebay account you MUST have a different paypal account. What I recommend is that you purchase this
eBay Stealth - Suspended eBay and Paypal Account Guide
Without it, you will trip up again and have accounts suspended. Using the book will let you make a plan to work ebay. Try that,please and ask questions BEFORE making accounts you could lose. Good Luck.

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-27-2008 at 05:49 AM.
Old 04-23-2008

Smile

If we link our new paypal account to our new email do we need to get completely different bank details?

Are the bank details that were used in my old PayPal to put my funds into that is linked to my suspended account, are those details now blacklisted?

C
Old 04-23-2008
Threadstarter  

The only thing I am afraid of that this request by ebay(linking my PayPal account to eBay) could be a trick for them to find out that I was suspended before.

If I link my old paypal account with the new email address, then isn't eBay gonna find out who I am because my personal information on ebay(name,last name and address) is different from the one on paypal?

P.S. I changed my old paypal email address and deleted the old one from PayPal profile.
Old 04-23-2008

Longevity: 99%
Default Another flea...

nothing more, another flea...
Old 04-24-2008

do not link your old account in anyway even with a new email address as soon as you list you will get suspended. Just make a brand new paypal.
Old 04-24-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Are you trying to sell or ship worldwide?
I am just trying to sell on ebay. I don't wanna sell or ship worldwide. I already chose the option to block bidders from outside the US.

Please somebody help me because everybody is saying something else. Some people suggest me to link my old PayPal account with a new email and some people say not to link ebay and paypal.

I will greatly appreciate any response regarding this problem.
Thank you guys
Old 04-24-2008

Longevity: 93%

Please somebody help me because everybody is saying something else. Some people suggest me to link my old PayPal account with a new email and some people say not to link ebay and paypal.

I have received the same message from EB regarding MUST use PP. Simply link to pp but do NOT use your old/suspended PP...you need to create a new PP account that matches up to this eb account. Understand?
Old 04-26-2008
Threadstarter  

Guys I am also thinking of another possibility why ebay asked me to link my paypal and ebay, even though I don't offer international shipping. I only entered the Credit Card information that I got from simon.com but left the bank account info blank. In the guidelines on how to open a new ebay account, Aspkin specified to enter a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ bank information but keep the routing number the same. Since I did not enter the bank information but just the credit card info, could that be the reason why ebay asked me to link PP to my ebay account?