Raising selling limits above 100 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 09-25-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Raising selling limits above 100

I posted on here a couple of months back about raising the limits above 10, turns out all you had to do was link your p a y -p a l account to e -b a y and the limit was then pushed up to 100 items a month.

I have since grown my product line selling my own designed products (not risky or in a big category) and am looking to raise the limit further. My feedback is currently 80-90, 100% positive and have had this account for just over 3 months using a name variation.

Last month I sold 88 items and this month it will be similar, I don't want to max the numbers out as I want to keep my 'good till cancelled' listings active so as to keep displaying the number of items sold, as they are then more likely to keep selling.

So if I call up e - b a y how likely am I to have them raised? Or should I wait till they are automatically raised? And how long does that normally take? Input from people who were in a similar position would be great. Thanks guys!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-26-2012

I also have the same situation. Hope someone can give some suggestions.
Old 09-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Well, i wouldn't call ebay or paypal for anything.. otherwise no doubt, you will end up learning the hard way. All it takes is the wrong customer service rep to answer the phone and your account is toast..

I would rather suggest you wait and your limits should increase automatically each month, (after the initial first 3 months from account creation) if your account is new you have to try and sell as close to the 100 items a month limit as you can, and lastly but most importantly .. keep your DSR ratings UP!!

Alternatively you open another stealth account and that way you can sell another 100 items immediately...It also helps if your one account goes down, you at least have a backup account, as long as you keep everything separate.

Good Luck:D
Old 09-26-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
Well, i wouldn't call ebay or paypal for anything.. otherwise no doubt, you will end up learning the hard way. All it takes is the wrong customer service rep to answer the phone and your account is toast..

I would rather suggest you wait and your limits should increase automatically each month, (after the initial first 3 months from account creation) if your account is new you have to try and sell as close to the 100 items a month limit as you can, and lastly but most importantly .. keep your DSR ratings UP!!

Alternatively you open another stealth account and that way you can sell another 100 items immediately...It also helps if your one account goes down, you at least have a backup account, as long as you keep everything separate.

Good Luck:D

Yeah I was considering opening up other accounts, but I would like to grow my brand on this account. Its also quite hard to get the number of sold items close to the 100 as I want to keep my good till cancelled listings active..
Old 09-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by geerfree View Post
Yeah I was considering opening up other accounts, but I would like to grow my brand on this account.
grow your brand on many accounts and you will solve lal your problems with a little time. what happens if you grow your brand on this account and they shut it down? bye bye brand
Old 09-26-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
grow your brand on many accounts and you will solve lal your problems with a little time. what happens if you grow your brand on this account and they shut it down? bye bye brand
I sell direct from my website and other sites as well, but yes I understand what you mean.
Old 09-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by geerfree View Post
I sell direct from my website and other sites as well, but yes I understand what you mean.
that is excellent, i am starting to make my own site myself. it is the ultimate goal so i can start to get the traffic going but to stay on the subject, create a few stealth accounts and in a few months you won't have the same worries anymore. just be sure to read up a lot on the forum to make sure you stay away from linking accounts. good luck!
Old 09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
This is so true. I've gotten a couple real A$$HOLES, but also quite a few VERY & understanding reps as well.

And then there's the often oblivious foreign rep [no offense] who doesn't seem like he/she has a clue to what they're doing + sounds like they're reading off something half the time they talk to you.

Last edited by mcmx; 09-26-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-10-2012

Longevity: 75%

It seems as though most threads on aspkin regarding calls are all from overseas members. Any Aussies with experience with calls to raise limits?