Ebay in Australia - Problem and discussion. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-23-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Ebay in Australia - Problem and discussion.

hi ,

i am new to this forum , i appreciated this forum and i have got a lot of info here. i bought and read the eBay Stealth too, that's great and is a must read for all Ebay Seller! Aspkin and Mike, thanks for the good jobs !

I see a lot of discussion about the US / UK ebay but not much of Australia one. (if yes, please let me know). so i started a thread for australian ebayer discussion. i got suspended at least 20 accounts in one months, finally i got back to ebay after i joined this forum ! below is some of my sharing to open an Ebay account in australia after suspension :

1.) read the eBay Stealth e-book if you are serious to make money in ebay. learnt how ebay track you and avoid the tracking.

2.) prepare different sets of identity, emails , ip address ,etc . you can get the email from gmail and the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ identity from ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Name Generator - Get a Random Name.

3.) always get yourself organized in the an excel file. list down all your email add, ip address, phone no. name, address, etc that every data that ebay can link.

4.) Use a different IP and clear cookies. Just use Firefox, it will solve all the problems and it is FREE. just go to TOOL -> Clear Private Data. for Ip address, i found that Ebay is not so strict to trace by IP address, i think because a lot of students there and they are all sharing the same network and router. but surely same IP, with cookies and if you are selling similiar items , if you have high risk to get suspended.

5.) Ok, get all data ready and start to apply a new ebay account by keying in all your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ identities.

6.) Verification. good thing about ebay in australia that ebay only need phone OR credit card to verifiy your account. if the phone number you key in is a landed phone, it will even save you for verification and go straight to your accounts. if you want to be contacted, you can use Pennytel.com to have a local virutal number and forwarding all the call to your real cell phone.

hope my sharing can help some people. please post your sharing, questions and any disucssion here.

good luck .
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Thumbs up

As they say in OZ, good one,Mate. Were you after a record for 20 account suspensions in the one month? HTH did you manage to annoy ebay? LOL.
Overall I like your post but it needs some editing.Comments only, not personal.
Paypal not addressed. Remember that it is coming to ebay soon but you can factor it in later.
Please look at Section 4 about ebay not so strict about IP. Not all the users reading your suggestions are going to be students. So they could trip themselves up over IPs.That section needs editing.
I would also suggest additional info about selling on the accounts.
eBay Stealth recomends certain, tried ways.We should go with them. Newbies are not going to have the skills for variations.
Aspkin changed servers recently & we can not show our country's flag. When
that is fixed, be sure to fly the Aussie one. Look forward to your input too.
Old 04-23-2008

Hey I'm from Aus too!

20 accounts in one month? Wow! I wonder what the record is?
Old 04-23-2008
Threadstarter  

ya that's is quite a record i was stupid that to use same ip, name, address, paypal everything besides different email to apply new account and keep selling the same thing

but luckily i joined this forum and really get a lot of helps. i have one problem here, i am still using the same paypal account which linked to the 20 of suspended ebay acc. it is strange that they dont suspend my paypal account (because i kept good record on that).

anyway, is it anyway to open more paypal account ? do i have to open more bank acc ? that's crazy !

i went to the bopo.com as recommended in eBay Stealth but i cant find anything related to open an new bank account for paypal ....

thanks for your advice.
Old 04-23-2008
Threadstarter  

is there any alternative to paypal ? i see on other thread that paymate is good for aus account ! my only concern now is only using the same paypal account that linked to my last suspended ebay account.

waiting someone's advice.

thanks mate !
Old 04-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

paymate will no longer be an option come may/june
Old 04-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaysuspensionking View Post
is there any alternative to paypal ? i see on other thread that paymate is good for aus account ! my only concern now is only using the same paypal account that linked to my last suspended ebay account.

waiting someone's advice.

thanks mate !
Do not do this. New ebay accounts linked to it will go down. No news of any alternative yet. Waiting advice about this.

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-24-2008 at 04:55 AM.
Old 04-24-2008
Threadstarter  

oh that is really bad news for us ! any way to have multiple verified paypal accounts besides opening more bank account? the ebay stealth recommended bopo.com, but i cant find anything there related to have multiple paypal acc ....

thanks for anyone's helpful advice.
Old 04-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

I do not understand? Can you explain.
Old 04-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

the only way to verify a paypal account in aust is via there bank deposit method where they depost 2 small sums of money. there is no cc method. so no you just have to open up new acc's. i have around 5-6, unfortunately that cost like $5 / month if your not a student etc,
Old 04-25-2008
Threadstarter  

hi, thanks guys for your reply !
i managed to get few credit cards in singapore (from my brother working there) and i used his credit card to open paypal (singapore). if my ebay account is at australia but linked to paypal at singapore, will it be any problem ?
Old 04-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thumbs down

Yep. Unable to verify that card because it overseas. ebay/paypal of the one country must
have bank account/credit card of same country. Otherwise systems unable to verify.
modee has said in another post that the first 4 numbers of the credit card give the country
of origin of the card. Soon as paypal 'runs' the verification it stops the process. Ya'll
probably get a message unable to verify, please use another card. Sorry.
Old 04-25-2008
Threadstarter  

hi, i found another site which is quite good. oztion.com. do u recommend which auction site is good besides ebay? in u.s. or in australia . i ioffer and overstock is good too.
Old 04-25-2008
Threadstarter  

thanks greenbeans for your reply. but my case is a bit different. i have a ebay account at aus, a verified paypal acc at singapore. now i linked them in ebay, will it be anyproblem ?
Old 04-26-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaysuspensionking View Post
hi, i found another site which is quite good. oztion.com. do u recommend which auction site is good besides ebay? in u.s. or in australia . i ioffer and overstock is good too.
Hi I am in OZ as well..

The website you mentioned, the prices are so low, some even on profits I think.

And I also find the rradingpost.com

I have some suspended account as well, but right now I have a working one, and I have to go internet cafe to list or reply buyers question.

My ISP is bigpond, I am considering I should change to TPG. to get a new IP
Old 04-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Oztion is slowly picking up. depending on your items you can still make profit, although not as good as ebay, but at least you can sleep easy with oztion knowing they wont pull your listing or suspend you for somthing ridiculous. ive only been using it for a couple of weeks now, its going okay so far.
Old 04-27-2008

I'm from Aus aswell. Its a shame we can only use Paypal now to accept payments. Oztion is alright but the traffic on the site is quite low.
Old 04-28-2008
Threadstarter  

hi,
the paypal is the real problem. because we can only use bank acc to verify paypal ... one day i have to visit all the banks to open an account in order to open a paypal account.

my strategy is : working on ebay and try to come back safely, then also list item on the other site. ebay is still the best , but they keep suspending us.

now i am using a paypal account (located at Singpaore and verified by credit card), linked to an ebay account (located in australia). it is all different set of information, i am not sure if i will get suspended due to different location of paypal and ebay.

wish us all good luck.
Old 04-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

multiple income streams from other sources then ebay is good.

I currently have: ebay, oztion, wholesale sourcing for customers etc, and im looking to set up an ecommerce website late/early next year.
Old 04-28-2008

I checked out oztion.com. They are the 2nd highest traffic website for aussie. I tried to register and sell on there but they only allow aussie and newzealand.
Old 04-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

Wink Differences

Australians have another problem. It is difficult to get a merchant account. You have to be well known to your bank.
Don Fan.... modee, it would be excellent to use merchant accounts like in the USA.

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-29-2008 at 04:56 AM.
Old 04-29-2008
Threadstarter  

what i know is the only choice to sell in ebay is to use paypal. ebay force me to link with paypal when i list a new item. they are monopoly.

i will support oztion. now i am waiting for them to verify me .