EBAY just gives me a generic response - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-26-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Question EBAY just gives me a generic response

Hi,
sorry if this is covered, but everytime I email eBay I can ONLY get their stock response, does anybody know how I can get this even close to someone who can make a decision? I've attached the last message I sent to eBay, which illicited the same stock response (we can confirm the accounts share the same info) - of course they do - I live at the same address as my wife, with the same phone number and same ISP!!
Message below:

Reference: "edit"
eBay Trust and Safety
Dear eBay Trust and Safety,

I write regarding the recent suspension of the above account “edit” as you say it is linked to another account – “edit”.
I am sending this fax on the advice of an eBay “stars” customer service employee; I have tried to email a couple of times, as has my wife, but we just get the same automated response, directing us to eBay policies and procedures, when we could really do with a more personal and specific response to help resolve this issue. Although we weren’t allowed to be given a telephone number, we were advised a written fax to Trust & Safety may illicit a more personal response.
*note: the fax no. given was not ebay, but that of a plumber in holloway*

Background:
Last year, whilst my wife was on maternity leave from her full-time position, and I was on long-term sickness leave with depression following the death of my father, my wife, edit, (eBay user IDs: edit) started a small home-run business, edit, manufacturing and distributing bags and accessories for pushchairs. This was done via eBay account edit, in my wife’s name, with PayPal payments going to my wife’s PayPal account.
Earlier this year, we lost broadband access for a time, my wife was not able to keep on top of orders and despatch, and I was starting to recover from my depression, so decided to help her out and reply to customers and try and get a grasp of how the business worked.
I decided to take on the business as a full-time concern, registering as self-employed with the tax office, cancelling nursery days, as my young son would be able to stay at home with me while I worked.
Unfortunately, due to the delay in despatch from my wife’s account she had started to receive neutral and negative feedback on her account “edit”.
As I was starting to take over the business, the same day I registered as self-employed (11th March 2008), I opened an eBay account “edit” in my own name to start from scratch with fewer products for sale and a focus on good customer service, with a view to becoming a power seller in 3 months. As I wanted to be selling straight away, and PayPal takes time to verify accounts, I accepted payments via PayPal, to go to my wife’s PayPal account, although the money would be transferred to my own bank account.
This was my own eBay account, run in my own name, with £1400 of trade in the first 30 days, 100% positive feedback and a feedback score of about 55.
In the meantime, my wife’s account became suspended temporarily due to seller non-performance – the delay in despatching goods. She was given 30 days to rectify the situation, which I believe she did to the best of her ability – All outstanding orders were sent out and received, refunds were issued where appropriate, and she wrote to customers who had left negative feedback asking to mutually withdraw it to bring the account back to good standing.
Only 2 customers responded, but they were unsure how to mutually withdraw, so followed up their negative feedback with positive comments. The other customers did not respond, and some even left a negative after receiving the product due to the wait.
As my wife was unable therefore to resolve the situation to eBay’s satisfaction, her account “edit” was suspended indefinitely with no view to reinstatement. Within a few hours, my wife’s other accounts (edit) were also suspended, as they were linked to her account edit.
However, within the same period, my account edit was suspended for the same reason.
I wish to appeal this suspension on the grounds that these accounts are not linked. Although I am selling hugbags products, I am manufacturing, selling and despatching them in my own right, I am running this business now, as my wife clearly found it too much in conjunction with her full-time occupation.
As I have taken this on full-time, it is my only source of income, and eBay was my main source of sales. I cannot see how the accounts are linked – they will be registered at the same address and accessed from the same computer because the business is run from my home – I do not believe eBay policy prohibits households from holding accounts, just users. My wife accepts she is suspended due to seller non-performance, but due to either sharing an address or having my payments go to her PayPal account, my account seems to have been inextricably linked,,, meaning that I am now suspended for 12 months and unable to use either my 100% positive feedback seller account edit, or my 100% positive feedback personal account “edit”. I am appealing this based on me and my wife not being the same person, but her punishment is being extended to me. I cannot access my sales records and am having to wait for customers to email me to explain the situation.

To summarise, my wife, edit is suspended from using eBay for 12 months and has accounts edit.
Due to my wife’s suspension and through no fault of my own, or complaint against my accounts, I, too have been suspended from using eBay on my accounts, both accounts in good standing with good feedback. I think this is unfair, and I am unable to understand why my account has been shut, when it is only linked by virtue of the fact I live at the same address and took payments (maybe foolishly) into my wife’s PayPal account.
This action has effectively closed down my business and my income stream. I am willing to have payments go into my own PayPal account (one has since been set up), but unfortunately I cannot change my address from the same as my wife!
I would appreciate a personal response either via a telephone call or email to the above address as a matter of urgency, as I am losing money daily, and I only get standard responses from emailing.
I am willing to do whatever I can to assist in the reinstatement of my account, and the disassociation of that account edit from any accounts in my wife’s name.
Yours Faithfully,
edit

Last edited by mango; 04-28-2008 at 05:00 AM. Reason: editing personal details
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

long posts make us dizzzzzzzy, this forum has loads and loads of information that will be able to assist you.
Old 04-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

I read your entire post and I'm sorry for what your family has gone through, not just with eBay. I hope everything gets better fast

To be honest with you, eBay doesn't give a poop about its customers and you will likely not receive any positive response out of them, much less your account restored.

What you will need to do is start reading the forum guides here:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...step-step.html

Then you need to start making new accounts in ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names, for both eBay and PayPal, and you're back in business. It may take a few tries but eventually you will figure it out, we all have and we're back on eBay selling in the hundreds or thousands.

If you need any help just let us know
Old 04-26-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Yep, imjustme is right. EBay doesn't care about your situation. Most likely they see your long email and discard it right away or send you a canned message. I saw this thread twice before I decided to read your post, think about eBay customer support that reads emails like this all the time. Short and sweet and you might get somewhere. No offense to you. You have just about 0% chance of getting your account back. It's best to start with a stealth eBay account.

You're lucky though, you found the right forum to get you going again. Keep reading and good luck.
Old 04-26-2008

yeah, i'm pretty sure a trust and safety idiot read about 3 words, then clicked on a automated email to send you.
Old 04-28-2008

Longevity: 98%

If you keep emailing complaining how they don't answer then eventually they answer. But that generally only works when you're not suspended.
Old 04-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

ebay is well known for poor customer service and canned responses. as jonas said if you have the time to keep emailing and emailing you mite get a real answer eventually
Old 04-28-2008

Longevity: 93%

typical ebay employee responding to our emails

must be so tiring
Old 04-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

LOl yeah responding from home it looks like with there mum in the background.
Old 04-28-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 92%

Thanks for all your responses guys, looks like I'm going to have to go down the Stealth route, and open maybe more than one account!
I have a questioin though, the advice is to open new accounts, but keep the city the same; how does that work for refunds etc? Or do you just not accept returns?

Cheers,
Old 04-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Thumbs up Welcome

mango, Welcome to the forum. Firstly, there are quite a few here that have been treated by ebay like you. BUT not to worry as this is a glitch.
Great idea for the book. Here's the link eBay Stealth - Suspended eBay and Paypal Account Guide To go with this, I also
suggest that you subscribe to the members' forum. One-on-one service and a great help. What you spend on these two items, you will recoup quickly. As for setting up accounts and worrying about refunds, don't fuss yet. LOL. Do your reading, work out a plan B4 creating new accounts. Try not to rush, OK?
Old 04-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscan View Post
LOl yeah responding from home it looks like with there mum in the background.
You ungrateful seller! If his mom wasn't in the background helping him you wouldn't be getting a response at all :D
Old 04-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

IJM i never thought of that and i guess your probably right haha
Old 04-28-2008

Longevity: 99%
Default They never restore linked accounts...

been there done that. They don't know if the linked account is really your wife or you. And they just make it fast and firm. What applies to one of any set of lined accounts applies to all.

For one, for all, as they say.

The problem is that a single mistake can leave you suspended forever, so you are left searching here.

And with all the encouragement you are getting for starting anew with a clandestine account, it is getting trickier by the day with contradictions such as:

Start a new paypal account.
Validate the paypal account for your bank.
Using a Simon card or other card in the same name, validate the Paypal account for the credit card.
Get a new EBAY account with the same exact name.
Start listing slowly.
Maybe you get suspended here. If you do start over trying to be more careful.
If you do succeed, you will likely get your Paypal account limited. Then they will want all kinds of verification. If you are very lucky, they will not ask for SS#.

Now, where are you? Maybe up adn running, maybe suspended 10 times more. And if you were asked for SS# and you didn't have a match on the name, well, you may wait six months to get your money back.

And on each suspension, you lose money on the credit cards and more if Paypal ties up your money.

I have to believe that right now the market is HUGE for a GBAY or something of its kind to step in here. The small fry haven't been able to pull it off, but there are so many working so hard trying to defeat EBAY, imagine if all that effort were put into selling instead.

Primary rule. EBAY doesn't care. Not one bit. They just plain don't care. Paypal cares less. If that is possible. And if you get linked, you are just as guilty as anyone on any of the linked accounts, and a plea saying it isn't fair is just too damn bad.

EBAY's new slogan should be "The yard sale is over, this is war."