Amazon UPC's - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Amazon UPC's

Hi, I was wondering what you guys do to get around Amazon's requirement for a UPC or EAN number for items you want to see on there .

Sometimes there isn't already a matching product already listed on amazon.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-14-2012

Longevity: 70%

You can not list it, unless you are an approved business. Go ahead and buy UPCs and you will get a quick exit out of the amazon marketplace. I report all sellers who use ⊗⊗⊗⊗ UPCs trying to sell my items.
Old 10-14-2012

Longevity: 67%

Unless you want to pay them $40 monthly and you will be able to list whatever you have.
Old 10-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm71 View Post
Hi, I was wondering what you guys do to get around Amazon's requirement for a UPC or EAN number for items you want to see on there .

Sometimes there isn't already a matching product already listed on amazon.

Operate the account correctly so as to be able to buy the UPC/EAN....

Depends on your long term selling plan. AMAZON is a nasty beast
Old 10-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

There are a few sites to buy these codes - like $15 for 100 or something like that
Old 10-14-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post
You can not list it, unless you are an approved business. Go ahead and buy UPCs and you will get a quick exit out of the amazon marketplace. I report all sellers who use ⊗⊗⊗⊗ UPCs trying to sell my items.
I didn't mean to leave the wrong impression. I'm not trying to infringe on someone else's product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
There are a few sites to buy these codes - like $15 for 100 or something like that
I haven't done much research yet regarding this topic, but what I've seen so far the cost is much more than $15 for 100 codes. What sites have you found to be the best cost for the service they offer?
Old 10-14-2012

You are able to create new listings with a pro account. You just have to be approved to do so.
Old 10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancnbaby View Post
You are able to create new listings with a pro account. You just have to be approved to do so.
I have mentioned this on several occasions, but unless you are a legit company and ready to give up lots of personal, business and lots of legit information, than it will not happen for 99.9% of you.
Old 10-14-2012

Quote:
I have mentioned this on several occasions, but unless you are a legit company and ready to give up lots of personal, business and lots of legit information, than it will not happen for 99.9% of you.
So you're saying there's a chance....

(Dumb and dumber, I had to)
Old 10-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
,,,,,,, I report all sellers who use ⊗⊗⊗⊗ UPCs trying to sell my items.,,,,,,,,

Thats pretty Fuc&in Dirty,,,,

For me its simply my code of Ethics,,I NEVER,EVER report ANYONE,,,,No MATTER What,,,

If I have a Problem with a Competitor, I go to the seller DIRECTLY,,exactly like I did YESTERDAY,,and HUNDREDS of times in the past,,,

EVERYONE has the right to make a Buck,,and NO One has the right to deprive them of that,,,if you have a Problem the way someone is trying to make their buck,,then YOU stand up to that seller,,,

Don't hide under Amazon's Skirt,,,,
Old 10-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm71 View Post
I didn't mean to leave the wrong impression. I'm not trying to infringe on someone else's product.

I haven't done much research yet regarding this topic, but what I've seen so far the cost is much more than $15 for 100 codes. What sites have you found to be the best cost for the service they offer?
His real name is AmazonTheGrouch.

Codes can be purchased. But it can be futile if the account is not going to last.

What's your potential plan with amazon?
Old 10-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

i called amazon today and they said in certain categories you can request a 'upc exemption', i am not sure which categories yet but of course the one i wanted to list in was not included :( maybe it can help someone else
Old 10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
i called amazon today and they said in certain categories you can request a 'upc exemption', i am not sure which categories yet but of course the one i wanted to list in was not included :( maybe it can help someone else
Yes, this is on their website. Never done it, so wasn't sure what it involved.
Old 10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Thats pretty Fuc&in Dirty,,,,

For me its simply my code of Ethics,,I NEVER,EVER report ANYONE,,,,No MATTER What,,,

If I have a Problem with a Competitor, I go to the seller DIRECTLY,,exactly like I did YESTERDAY,,and HUNDREDS of times in the past,,,

EVERYONE has the right to make a Buck,,and NO One has the right to deprive them of that,,,if you have a Problem the way someone is trying to make their buck,,then YOU stand up to that seller,,,

Don't hide under Amazon's Skirt,,,,
No its not dirty. I am not going to let sellers list their phake products when there are only a handful of sellers allowed to sell certain products. Hide under amazon skirt? Really? They have allowed me the right to report any buyer that is listing certain products against their rules, and they will decide what to do with them. If you do not want to "hide under a skirt", then call the companies products which you are illegally selling and notify them you are doing so. Get a life kid.
Old 10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
His real name is AmazonTheGrouch.

Codes can be purchased. But it can be futile if the account is not going to last.

What's your potential plan with amazon?
I tell it how it is. Amazon is a beast, and all you have to do is experience an issue once and you will learn your lesson. UPC codes are not a good idea. They wont last long, nor will your account, and it will also only take a couple days before your listings are piggy backed. I guess this is one of those issues where people are ignorant and think they are above amazons rules.
Old 10-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I tell it how it is. Amazon is a beast, and all you have to do is experience an issue once and you will learn your lesson. UPC codes are not a good idea. They wont last long, nor will your account, and it will also only take a couple days before your listings are piggy backed. I guess this is one of those issues where people are ignorant and think they are above amazons rules.
See, if you made the post like this, users might not have got ruffled.

But you did your knowall knowbetter stuff.

Give me a break & try a nice approach.

I'll certainly like it.

Old 10-16-2012

Just because it doesn't have a UPC, doesn't mean it is illegal or phake. Don't assume everyone is trying to be shady. There are a few things I wanted to sell that didn't have a code, but it was only a few items so it wasn't worth the trouble of figuring out how to list it.
Old 10-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
No its not dirty. I am not going to let sellers list their phake products when there are only a handful of sellers allowed to sell certain products. Hide under amazon skirt? Really? They have allowed me the right to report any buyer that is listing certain products against their rules, and they will decide what to do with them. If you do not want to "hide under a skirt", then call the companies products which you are illegally selling and notify them you are doing so. Get a life kid.
Where I come from there is a word for what you are,,,RAT, and as for what I sell, are you ready for this,, It is VERY Well Known around here that I Sell Consumer Electronics and am an authorized Reseller of 12 different Companies which include Vizio, Sharp and Samsung, and I just got approved to Re-Sell HBO Media, as far as being a "Kid" I GUARANTEE I have been in BUSINESS LONGER than you are old,,,,,,,,,, OVER 30 YEARS,,,Im Willing to bet I have CHILDREN Older than you, Moron

Amazon gives you the Right to Report Violators, I ALSO Have that right, as well as being a VERO Member on Ebay, but the Difference between me and you is I NEVER Reported ANYONE,,EVER,,

At the end of the day you are NOTHING but a RAT Mother^u&ker, who could NEVER stand DIRECTLY in FRONT of a Real Man for Fear of winding getting his A$$ Put on him like a Hat,,,go ahead and keep hiding under Amazons Skirt,,and when Amazon Spanks YOU (and they will, GUARANTEED),,,well, you could always go back to crying to mommy

Last edited by slapped; 10-17-2012 at 12:29 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
ass11078 (03-30-2013), Saunder (03-20-2014), Silas (10-18-2012), stanislav (05-13-2014)
Closed Thread