Google Checkout does request information and verify documents - and check EBAY status - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 03-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Good one,Modee. There will be a rush for a dictionary now to see what behemoth means. LOL.

Old 03-23-2008

Longevity: 94%
Default Google checkout requesting info?

Just received this email from Google checkout....what does this mean?

Hello,

After a recent review of your account, we found that you're using
Google Checkout to process orders via Google Checkout invoices.
To facilitate a further review of your account and avoid account
suspension, please provide one of the following pieces of information:

- Business catalog or brochure with company name
- Inventory receipts or supplier contact information
- Copy of professional license

You can provide this information by attaching it in a reply to this
email. Alternatively, you can also fax it to us at 650 469 0611.

We appreciate your cooperation.

Sincerely,

The Google Checkout Team
Old 03-23-2008

I am reading the thread. But I sell on eBay and invoice through Google checkout. I don't have a business license or a catalog.
Old 03-23-2008

Well I thought it was personal but when I set it up last year (as I have had it for almost a year) I did put in a business name as it had a field for it so I made one up that associated with the email address. I have no currently inventory as I sold everything before my account was suspended. I only keep an inventory of a few items at a time. Sell them, then go buy more. But I do have old receipts. I purchase items from the factory outlet stores and then re-sell them on eBay. Coach, Dooney&Bourke, etc. Anything I think I can make some money on.
Old 03-23-2008

the fact that google seems to be actively reading your emails and checking and then responding according to what they find puts them 500 billion miles ahead of paypal imo.
Old 03-23-2008

Longevity: 95%

And u know whats really bad is on google checkout under Public Business website URL it says (opitional) beside it so there for if its opitional then why the hell they forceing you to put a URL in? any who i just put ebay dot com as my bussiness but the bastrds still deleted my account and i done over $300 in sales and was awaiting the payout

What every u do never ship anything off till the moneys in the bank and out of google cause they are notorious for just deleteing your account and refunding your buyers and wont tell u a dam thing untill your buyers are bltching about getting refunded!

and they dont have phone support or didnt last i checked
Old 03-24-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdot10 View Post
the fact that google seems to be actively reading your emails and checking and then responding according to what they find puts them 500 billion miles ahead of paypal imo.
Thats EXACTLY what I thought when reading this. It's so nice to google actually responding to the issue in hand, rather than replying with a totally irellevant automated email. They almost seem somewhat conversational.
Old 03-24-2008

No I never made up any EIN number. I don't recall them asking for one. And I know better than to make one up. I did have to enter my SS# as with most do to get over that $500 withdrawal hurdle.
Old 03-24-2008

does anyone have any problem creating an google checkout seller account these recent days?
i tried to create one today and i entered my infos but they let me create only for buyer . samething happened for another one yesterday?
any clues guys?
thanks
Old 03-24-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdot10 View Post
The only bad thing is that's their only way to contact you and they take a long time to do it.

But I guess it's okay, most of their systems are automated and I haven't had to contact them much.
Old 04-03-2008

Default Seems google dose watch your ebay status

I had a ebay account suspended 2 days ago cause i refused to use paypal and heres the email the AHoles sent

We're sorry to tell you that your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.

So i was like yeah sure what every and went on with my day and next thing i know i get emails from some buyers asking why they was getting refunded so i log into my google account and low and behold the Aholes deleted my account and refunded my buyers and i know it was cause of them seening on ebay that i was banned cause i just opened the google account and started getting payouts.

Seems google is going down the same path as paypal is and the sad part is i was banned off ebay cause i didnt accept paypal but instead accepted google checkout.

so from now one when i send google invoices i wont include the ebay item # so the Aholes wont know when a account is suspended off ebay cause really its none of googles bussiness cause all they are there for is to proccess payments.
Old 04-04-2008

yeah but cartmanager gives google my item # which that is the last thing u want them to have if u get banned alot which i will be cause i cant list with out haveing paypal as a option and i wont use paypal so there for im bound to get banned alot

and besides that i cant get buyers to pay useing cartmanager i guess it dosent look legit or something but i can send inoivces stright from google to them and they pay.
Old 04-04-2008

Longevity: 98%

doughboykilla people have said that about googlecheckout before. Maybe eBay has a point in banning google checkout as it's clearly not secure for sellers.
Old 04-04-2008

Yeah i dont list in my listings i accept google checkout i just put i accept credit cards through a merchant. And we all know why ebay banned google cause it was a threat to there crumy paypal cause google checkout is a very safe payment method and if i had a choice i would rather pay a seller useing google then i would with Gaypal at least with google if u get screwed u can do a chargeback and not lose your account like with paypal.

And only reason google banned my account cause there seen my ebay account was banned and it was banned because i would'nt use paypal
Old 04-27-2008

Longevity: 92%
Default GoogleCheckout... personal info

So I signed up for a GCO account and provided all real personal info. The setup did at one point force me to enter a Business name as well as the biz name that I wanted to appear on the customer's cc. Well, I don't have a registered business, but since the form was forcing me to enter one, I entered a made-up business name.

From this forum I see that people don't necessarily have a big problem giving Google their SS#. Besides, GCO asks at least for that in order to lift the $$ limits. I would provide the SS# to them, but other than that... as far as the business name thing.. what can I expect from this? What do you suggest I do?
Old 04-27-2008

u will need to put a bussiness down that sales what u are selling cause if u make up a bussiness website and they will check it then they will email u about it

i would just fine a website online thats selling the same stuff your selling then u will be good to go
Old 04-27-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

I'm surprised that Google actually does verify this stuff. They're on top of things here.

Anything you make up be ready to provide proof or you could lose your account.
Old 04-28-2008

Longevity: 98%

Google demands a SS# but they are insecure because they like to spontaneous give unrequested refunds to all your buyers. Get a real merchant account. They need the SS# but they won't shut you down unless you get a lot of chargebacks.
Old 04-28-2008

Jonas, that's absolutely true. For some reason merchant services establishments aren't insane like that. I mean they all have their own risk management departments to first approve you, and then monitor approvals for each transaction. They just want the money flow uninterrupted. But you'd think that all the other "alternative payment solutions" companies would be forever interested in keeping sellers selling, collecting processing fees and all that, but no... there's something about their mentality that either we don't get or there's something else going on... If we figure that the "something else" part is about money, the it's doubly weird that they don't want your fees to roll in forever. Merchant services companies fight tooth and nail for accounts, it's a cutthroat business out there. And you have to make either a huge boo-boo or many many small ones to get screwed out of using your merchant account altogether.

So what you guys are saying is that, it'd be best to register a business, roll out a website, get approved for a merchant account and sell like that? It's funny, really, because I work for a merchant services company myself and see this happen every day, but I was hoping to sell off what I have on ebay or elsewhere, and then just be done with it.
Old 04-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Merchant accounts routinely delay the transfer of cash to your bank account though, when they think the charge is unusual or high risk. There's no free lunch.
If you control how the charges are made, that is you have control over deciding whether or not a transaction should be put through (compared to automatic charging of the card by an online cart or whatever) then both delays and possible red flags can be avoided altogether. When a merchant account is set up, they approve it according to a particular set of parameters such as average monthly volume, average batch, average ticket, min ticket, max ticket, etc. All these have to do with the kind of products you're selling, their respective worth, type of business you have, risk value attached to different business type categories, etc. It's not exactly written in stone, but the idea is that if a transaction (or financial condition) can't be placed within those parameters, the risk department may or may not take notice. It depends on how strict their risk management protocols are. It varies from bank to bank, of course. But generally, there's a way to go outside these parameters without raising red flags.
Old 04-29-2008

MOdee--do you know-- Is it new that Google is verifying websites or whatever??
I guess I dont understand?
I used my acct only a couple times, but sales were over $1k.
They never asked me for a website or even an ebay number.. is this new? Am i at risk now?
Old 04-30-2008

I'd like to know this too.

Last edited by Modee; 04-30-2008 at 12:08 AM.