Restricted from selling indefinately, however.. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 10-21-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Restricted from selling indefinately, however..

So my real account with all my legitimate info on it was restricted from selling on eBay indefinately, including new accounts. This happened as me and a friend was offering a service on eBay and made a good chunk of money for 2 months, however we got a couple low DSR's and that was the end of us apparently.

Basically we had an account between us. This eBay account was in my friends name however it was the only account we used. We both had talked to eBay about services we offered and had our selling limits increased massively and talked to them over the phone a lot.

Suddenly we log in and that account has been destroyed and banned off eBay. My personal paypal was linked to the eBay account along with my address as a return address.

My instant reaction is to switch to a second account i had in my personal details and continue on there - build it back up and do it better this time around - i also linked the same paypal as was used on my friends paypal account to this one (oops).

All was going fine until i hit my selling limit. I called eBay and answered their questions and suddenly i was being asked about the old account that has been banned off eBay. Fairly shocked that they had linked the two (silly of me) i denied being involved with that account as it was in a friends name i thought i could get away with it - apparently not. The women LIED to me on the phone and said she is going to send me an email to verify my ID's and then she will increase my limits. Instantly after getting off the phone my account has been suspended indefinately including new accounts - AHHGG. So eBay are telling LIES to get people off the phone now?

To close it up my initial question is this;

Account #1 in friends name and my address + paypal banned.

Account #2 in my First & Last name + address + same paypal as account #1 banned

Account #3 (an old account i had) was made in 2010 and has my FIRST + MIDDLE (NOT LAST) and my real address on it. This account has zero selling limits as confirmed by eBay earlier and no restrictions (weird?).

So where do i stand? I've not gone stealth at all without account #3 and i it's definately going to be linked to account's #1 and #2 either by IP or cookies and address + phone number. (Paypal is a old paypal i had too, not same one as #1 and #2)

Should i expect account #3 to get banned? Surely it would have been banned by now as this was 3 days ago and i have even spoken to eBay from that account about limits etc.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Account 3 cant be sold on as it has zero limits - it is dead for selling on.

You seem to have a basic understanding about stealth ie IP, cookies, names & addresses so I'd suggest you walk away from the mess of these old accounts and start afresh with stealth accounts.

Welcome onboard.
Old 10-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Account 3 cant be sold on as it has zero limits - it is dead for selling on.

You seem to have a basic understanding about stealth ie IP, cookies, names & addresses so I'd suggest you walk away from the mess of these old accounts and start afresh with stealth accounts.

Welcome onboard.
Sorry explained that wrong - by zero limits i mean there is no selling limits in place - for example i can list and sell as many £'s as i want on that account. I do not need to ring up or have a manual verification to increase any selling allowances. I also have items listed on this new account just to test the water and have sold about 18 so far with no problems.

I just dont want to build it up and get rolling again and have ebay shut this one down for some reason. I''m guessing it would of got shut down by now if that was the case?

Last edited by Marine; 10-21-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

No. As soon as you try to sell on that account it will get axed (maybe within a day or so but probably instantly)

It is not perceived as a threat at the moment until you start to list on it.
Old 10-21-2012
Threadstarter  

I've listed 6 auctions in the last 3-4 days since my suspension and sold around 18 items and the account is still strong - this is why im confused.
Old 10-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
I've listed 6 auctions in the last 3-4 days since my suspension and sold around 18 items and the account is still strong - this is why im confused.
The account is definitely linked to the other suspended accounts. It is just a matter of time. . . . . .
Old 10-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
The account is definitely linked to the other suspended accounts. It is just a matter of time. . . . . .
So you feel it will 100% be suspended soon? Can anyone else share there thoughts on the outcome of this?

Thanks ebayorbust.
Old 10-22-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
So you feel it will 100% be suspended soon? Can anyone else share there thoughts on the outcome of this?

Thanks ebayorbust.
Forget all the old accounts & go stealth.
I had a similar set up & it's just a waste of time chasing around trying to get the old accounts up & running
Old 10-22-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathemmi View Post
Forget all the old accounts & go stealth.
I had a similar set up & it's just a waste of time chasing around trying to get the old accounts up & running
I have the facilities to do this - i only have one big issue that prevents me using any stealth account.

My presence on eBay is not selling of sorts - i offer a service in which customers purchase the auction and mail in their equipment for repair. Before my friend got suspended we was taking a lot of orders and word got out - we even became a top rated seller doing our repair service through eBay.

The issue with this is people need to know the address to post there items to - i work from one address and this is my workshop, i cannot migrate and i cannot hang around in another address waiting for post to arrive with peoples equipment, i'm simply to busy for that.

So how can i put my workshops address as a send to address on my stealth account without getting linked? I don't think stealth is something i can do... unless there's a clever brain on here who can think up something, or there is a non-public method of doing things?
Old 10-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

You can probably send a message to your buyer through either EBay or direct email of the Address to your Workshop. Please remember that there are Grey areas and it's up to you to either learn to use them or simply just ignore them.
Old 10-23-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
You can probably send a message to your buyer through either EBay or direct email of the Address to your Workshop. Please remember that there are Grey areas and it's up to you to either learn to use them or simply just ignore them.
My experience with this previously is that we had a different address registered (my friends) than the workshop address and 3/5 people would send to the registered address and not see the email/message. See my predicament? :(
Old 10-23-2012

Longevity: 90%

Marine, there are ways and means that I'm not going to discuss on this open thread. Its not rocket science neither, have you bought the eBay Stealth manual? That has some solutions, and there are other methods.
Old 10-23-2012
Threadstarter  

Hi johnnyleeds.

I have not purchased the book as i feel very comfortable i know most of what it has to offer - based around me being an IT technician and what i have read on this forum.

I know you will tell me i will learn something about eBay in the book and that may be the case but i know how exactly how to go stealth, just not doing what i'm offering on eBay.

I would happily donate/pay if there was a solution available that meant i could be stealth and do what i am doing?
Old 10-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

/quote

Should i expect account #3 to get banned? Surely it would have been banned by now as this was 3 days ago and i have even spoken to eBay from that account about limits etc.

and based on your IT knowledge, you seem to know the score.

You may not be banned right now but even later on...is it worth the risk? Best to let it go and restart via stealth
Old 10-23-2012
Threadstarter  

rsot this is what i want to do - but i don't think i can.

The problem is the address on the stealth account has to be my workshop address. My workshop account + address got linked to a friends account and got indefinately suspended.

I offer post-in repairs on eBay and people need to see my address on both my registration details and the eBay page.

I'm getting mixed views of a work around as eBay will link addresses i'm sure.

I cannot get things sent to another address as i will never be there - i spend a lot of time in my shop and simply cannot wait around or miss deliveries.
Old 10-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Can you ot tweak the workshop address so it so it seems different but post can still arrive?
Old 10-24-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Can you ot tweak the workshop address so it so it seems different but post can still arrive?
Interesting.

I take it the only thing i am trying to avoid is the bots / ebays scripts catching the address?

I doubt human review would catch on due to the sheer amount of eBay accounts ?

What if my address was for example

123 logic road

could i change is to 123 logics road? Postman man would still get it here however would this flag ebay?
Old 10-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Very illogical to try that address tweak.

Right at the moment, you are in a difficult place.

The axe could fall & make all this redundant.

Accounts get reviewed manually.... there's your next glitch.

Time to think outside the box

Old 10-24-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Very illogical to try that address tweak.

Right at the moment, you are in a difficult place.

The axe could fall & make all this redundant.

Accounts get reviewed manually.... there's your next glitch.

Time to think outside the box

Indeed.

I will be happy to donate to the forum for any possible solutions or work arounds , i'm just out of ideas!

I suppose i could just give up and realize what i want to do isn't going to happen through stealth - but i wont.
Old 10-24-2012

Longevity: 90%

Marine, listen, you seem to think you already know it all so why are you in the forum asking questions? its not got anything to do with IT knowledge setting up an Ebay / Paypal stealth account.

I'll tell you how it happened for me cos I see you going down exactly the same road, I thought I knew a lot about Ebay as I've used it since it began, and I've also worked as an IT systems analyst plus I have an IT related degree, but I spent months / years going from one new ebay account to another with each one getting banned after a few months - and not by any wrong doing of mine, mostly by getting linked to my old accounts as I didnt understand the intricacies involved in the whole stealth process.

Now eventually I discovered this forum a few years ago, and yes I managed to cobble together my first proper stealth account, but only after spending months studying different threads etc and aksking lots of questions. Anyway somewhere along the line I lost this account, probably for reasons of linking, I've never conned anyone or anything, but neither have most folk who get suspended / banned etc.

So I thought I'll finally get a copy of the eBay Stealth manual and it was a real eye opener. Yes I knew a lot of the stuff in it already, but there were more things I'd not even thought about. Ultimately I wish I'd bought it earlier as it explains to you where to start and gives you a step by step process to follow so that you dont make any basic mistakes, any one of which could link / ruin your new account.

So its well worth buying a copy as it will save you a lot of time and its an invaluable reference. Then you can come into this forum with any other issues related to your situation with an overall knowledge of what you're doing. Of course we're all still learning all the time to keep up with new developments, thats why myself and countless other people still come in here after years of running successful stealth accounts to check out if taking a certain step is ok or not.

If you really want to continue trading on Ebay you wont see buying the eBay Stealth manual as an unreasonable expense, I think you'd find most people who use this forum will agree its worth its weight in gold.

Dont give up hope because as I've found out for myself where there is a will there is a way!!
GreenBean (10-25-2012), sax4 (10-24-2012)
Old 10-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 39%
Longevity: 81%

Fully agree.

It also took me a few months to learn how to do stealth properly, and you can save a hell of a lot of time buying the book.

After a while you think you know everything about stealth, then you come back to the forum and you discover more gold.

Ebay and Amazon are always changing(for the worst usually), I love learning new tricks to beat them at their own game :D

Love reading this forum whilst in bed on my phone, unfortunately the wench next to me complains cos of the light.

Last edited by sax4; 10-24-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-24-2012
Threadstarter  

Appreciate the words Johnny.

I really do not feel the need to buy the book - It wont tell me how to fix my current situation and i am extremely clued up in the internet privacy side of things, being linked is not an issue i'm worried about minus the address issue i have bought up -

As said before - i'm not here for free advice, i will pass on the price of the book to aspkin as a donation if someone can come up with a solution - i'm that confident the book doesn't have what i need to know right now.

If aspkin could confirm on this thread what i want to do isn't possible then i can leave it at that.

Cheers