Buying on Ebay with suspended Paypal account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-22-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Buying on Ebay with suspended Paypal account?

Hi,
I'm new to the forum , so if I ask something stupid, please bear with me.

Not sure if I post this in the right (sub) forum, if not, Mods please redirect me.
So, I had a fraudulent chargeback on my Paypal account (and buyer never sent back the goods ). Thank God though, I already had the funds transfered to my bankaccount and after the charge back started, I closed my bankaccount. So, not much that Paypal can do except for putting my account in the negative ( - $1250) and sending collectors after me.

Ok, so much for Paypal, I thought. I'm not going to bring my account back to good standing, if they don't care to further investigate. They will have to pry my money from my cold dead fingers.

That was 3/4 months ago, but funny enough, my Ebay accounts never got suspended.

The thing now is, there is 2 things I really want to buy from Ebay ($1500-2000 range), but one buyer doesn't take anything other than Paypal, and the other said she can take my credit card over the phone (I don't need to have a Paypal account), but still uses Paypal to process it! I'm not sure how this work? Will the payment go through? Can Paypal (if they link me) take the money to fund my negative balance? Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I really have no idea.

And for the seller that only takes Paypal, is there anyway I can still buy using Paypal? Like a new account (but I still live at the same address unfortunately)?

Anyone, please help? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums.

You need to create stealth accounts using variation of your address - that will work.

/quote

and the other said she can take my credit card over the phone (I don't need to have a Paypal account), but still uses Paypal to process it!

Dont give the credit card over the phone - you have no other credit card?
Old 10-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Do not risk that amount of money just to use paypal.

paypal restricts 'guests' payments.

If you were to try using old info, the chance of getting caught is high. Then paypal will limit & hold the funds for 180 days.
Old 10-25-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forums.

You need to create stealth accounts using variation of your address - that will work.

/quote

and the other said she can take my credit card over the phone (I don't need to have a Paypal account), but still uses Paypal to process it!

Thanks for your reply

The title of my thread is supposed to be "buying on Ebay with suspended Paypal account" (instead of "without", sorry typo)

If I created a stealth Ebay and Paypal account, I can only use that for selling, correct?
I can only create a random address, 'cause I have no one that I can borrow an address from. And with a PO box, can they accept packages? And what about those that need a signature?

And as for buying using credit card, I do have another credit card than the one I have on file with Paypal, though the address is the same, which makes me think that they can link me.
Old 10-25-2012
Threadstarter  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Do not risk that amount of money just to use paypal.

paypal restricts 'guests' payments.

If you were to try using old info, the chance of getting caught is high. Then paypal will limit & hold the funds for 180 days.
Thank you for this.

Yeah, I just let the auction pass. Too much money to gamble with. Geez, I HATE Paypal! Why does everybody refuses to take anything other than Paypal? Some sellers do take "wire" as a payment too, but that is too risky, right? Very rarely do I see a seller accept credit cards, Skrill or Propay.

I think I will have to create a new (stealth) Ebay and Paypal account to sell some stuff, but I think I can forget about buying on Ebay.

Does anyone know how fast stealth accounts can be created? If too complicated, I will just go and buy them
Old 10-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjse View Post
Thank you for this.

Yeah, I just let the auction pass. Too much money to gamble with. Geez, I HATE Paypal! Why does everybody refuses to take anything other than Paypal? Some sellers do take "wire" as a payment too, but that is too risky, right? Very rarely do I see a seller accept credit cards, Skrill or Propay.

I think I will have to create a new (stealth) Ebay and Paypal account to sell some stuff, but I think I can forget about buying on Ebay.

Does anyone know how fast stealth accounts can be created? If too complicated, I will just go and buy them
People have been whitewashed in beleving that Paypal is the best way to Pay for their items hence forcing us to use Paypal to receive payments, We just gotta play the game their way but in our style(stealth).
Old 10-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjse View Post
Thank you for this.

I did a quick edit of the title for you.

Buyers have been brained washed into paypal.

But, and be honest with yourself when you reply.

How truly important is any item you think of buying?

This is a question I ask often: and more often the reply is it is not that important to buy off ebay.

To answer your question about the speed of creating a stealth account the reply is that is not the issue. LOL.

The account should be created to l a s t. There's where the work is needed.

Old 10-26-2012
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forums.

/quote

Paying over the phone means she will gave the paypal merchant account

if it is a reputable business then there should be no problems that i can see

i dont see how they could link you unless you had the credit card registered on the paypal account.

drop a letter out your name i.e change JACK to JAK
JOHN to JON etc

Last edited by mburns2005; 10-26-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburns2005 View Post
Paying over the phone means she will gave the paypal merchant account

if it is a reputable business then there should be no problems that i can see

i dont see how they could link you unless you had the credit card registered on the paypal account.

drop a letter out your name i.e change JACK to JAK
JOHN to JON etc
User has a suspended paypal account.

Using the card on another transaction is never ever going to be acceptable. That was the advice asked.

We avoid suggesting to use a card associated with a suspended paypal simply for safety.

Why would the OP want to entertain having a 180 limit put on the payment?

All facets of a transaction need to be considered.

Old 10-26-2012

Longevity: 69%

Is this card linked to the limited paypal account?

If you really want this item go buy a visa giftcard, register it with an address and youre set. Just dont use your address if thats whats on the limited paypal account.

Last edited by user3657; 10-26-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 10-26-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks all for your replies.

I could easily use another credit card, I have many, lol.

The thing is, they all have my current address (the same as the one I used on my old PP-account), so that's a no-go, right?

If I have to use another address on a new card, I really don't know where to get an address where they can ship to. No family or friends nearby (just moved about 6 months ago).

Another question: I noticed that they let you pay as a PP-guest with buy it now listings. I guess that's not a wise thing to do, as they will still know it's "me" even without me logging into my PP-account, right?

Oh, and you know what! I just tried to log into my PP-account and I could! It's not suspended after all, but I do have a huge negative balance on there. Wonder why they just won't close or suspend it, hope they don't foolishly think that I'm going to bring it back to good standing!

I think I'll just drop the "buying stuff" on Ebay for now and go buy the Stealth Book to start selling, YAY!!!
Old 10-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Forget being a guest with paypal.

It is not worth the troubles long term.

Good Luck