Has anyone ever been VERO'D by someone famous...?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-29-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Has anyone ever been VERO'D by someone famous...??

Ok, I just changed this message back to my original question....Has anyone ever been VERO'D by someone famous...??

I wrote this message because last year I got Vero'd by Johnny Depp....

I had a really rare movie prop that I was not allowed to sell but I put it on eBay....I then received the following e-mail:

--------------------
Dear (xxxxxxxxxxxxxx),

You recently listed the following auction-style listing:

3001201xxxxx - Johnny Depp Prop From xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy. All fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has
been canceled.

The rights owner, Johnny Depp, notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.
----------------------

Johnny Depp's e-mail address was listed in the VERO e-mail but I did not want to e-mail him... The guy is a great actor but he could have filed a law suit against me or sued me as I wasn't allow to sell this particular prop..which was worth a lot of $$

Therefore, to my original question, have you ever been VERO'd by someone famous? or have you encountered any strange and / or interesting things on eBay....?

Share your experiences....

Last edited by Sammi007; 05-02-2008 at 07:45 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-01-2008

Longevity: 94%

Sorry, is it me, or does this thread make no sense at all?
Old 05-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Talking Mais Oui

mantis, actually it makes sense to me.
The title to the thread was at first about a vero problem. Then the message
has been changed ( a few times) to what you read now. Forget the vero!

(LOL.) Here's a translation: has anyone used their ebay accounts while not in the country of registration? Has there been any problems with IP differences? Any suspensions?

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-01-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-02-2008
Executive [VIP]

I am in the western US, and logged into email and eBay at Banff Nat'l Park in Alberta. Never had any problems from that.
Old 05-02-2008
Threadstarter  

Hi there,

Yeah, I basically got vero'd by Johnny Depp once, I had a movie prop that I shouldn't have had. Johnny's e-mail address came up in the VERO e-mail but I did not want to e-mail him...He has got a lot of $$ and can easily take something like that further...

Last edited by Sammi007; 05-04-2008 at 04:56 AM.
Old 05-02-2008

No never been verod by a famous person but you shouldve emailed him and told him to get lost

Last edited by Modee; 07-14-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-02-2008

Wow, I guess he doesn't want to see people making money on his behalf? He must have an agent that checks eBay, can't imagine it would be him himself.
Old 05-03-2008

Longevity: 92%

Technically you were VEROed by Johnny Depp's laywers, I doubt JD sits their browsing Ebay looking for VERO violations.
Old 05-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

George Bush VERO'd me once for putting up a penny auction of a monkey picture. Go figure that one out.
Old 05-03-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI:
I would have emailed him, and asked if he wanted to Donate any Memorobilia ..
Ive done a few Charity auctions, to benefit MDA, and St. Judes Childrens Hospital..
--He may just go for it..u get the exposure for your other listings, and it benefits a worthwhile charity--a Win/Win..
Old 05-03-2008
Threadstarter  

ebayhateluv, that is an excellent idea....It happened about 6 months ago...the ebay account in question is now permanently suspended but I might still e-mail him and propose that idea....!

I also ran a search of the e-mail address that was in the VERO e-mail, and I found the same e-mail address on a website that was offering a job as administrative assistant to a busy working actor that has had experience in working with A-List talent....

Therefore, I am figuring that this is Depp himself or his manager...

Last edited by Sammi007; 05-03-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-04-2008

Longevity: 92%

Got tarkmark vio , from " for dummies ". Totally my misstake.. list the item as for dummies and it wasn't it's brand...They contacted me demanding payment and all the money i sold for that item, even sent a me a letter they wanted me to sign and pay $100 dollars for "using their trademark", wanted me to sent it by mail with in 10 along with that letter they asked me to sign... and if didnt they would file a lawsuit on me. Also if i made a mistake and use that trademark again i would have to paid they $5,000 and thats what they wanted me to sign.

I told them I listed that item but it didnt even sell, so i made no money. Moreover , I didnt sign the letter , didn't sent them money... just got lucky i guess.

Dont sign anything, never , never , never sign on the dotting line. When you sign it like saying that you did worng then they still take you to court with that letter? most of the time they are blowing hot smoke.
Old 05-08-2008

dood he wont go and sue you man, lol what a joke... why would he waste his precious time.
Old 05-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

never been vero'd by someone famous, although back in the days i was vero'd for selling items related to a few well known designer brands.

Nowdays i dont tend to have many problems.
Old 05-10-2008

I listed a group of Mark **steriod abuser ** McGwires autographed memorabilia on ebay ( game tickets, pictures, jersey etc ) once I found out the bum was taking steriods in 1998 and even listed that the home runs should not be counted because of his cheating with steriods. Didnt really care what it sold for.
There were more then 50 bids and the price was over 5k at the time it got canned. Later to find out that he was on one of his whining binges about his signature being sold. I was told later that Mr Steriods himself was pushing ebay to stop sellers from selling his autographs.
What the a** didnt know it I actually got his autographs in person.
Dont really consider him famous but he WAS well known for his joke home run record and the crybaby retired once Barry Bonds broke his record and of course we all know Bonds is on riods too.