will this work around linking paypal and ebay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-08-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default will this work around linking paypal and ebay?

create an account with ebay using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info. create a paypal account using the same ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info and link the two to sell. where it says "send payment", use your real paypal address. think this will work?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-08-2007

Longevity: 99%

Why do you want to create the link? The system still works without linking both accounts although an ebay-message appears saying that you have to link before you can sell. Just ignore this message and proceed on and you will be able to create the seller account without linkage.
Old 06-08-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

IF you must link for an added feature, it seems that this might work.
Old 06-08-2007

.... I think this might work! Woot! Getting a bit excited. This will allow people to

1) bid on items that has either paypal account required
2) buy listings with immediate payment
3) use ebay checkout

Definitely something worth trying.
Old 06-08-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasF View Post
Why do you want to create the link? The system still works without linking both accounts although an ebay-message appears saying that you have to link before you can sell. Just ignore this message and proceed on and you will be able to create the seller account without linkage.
well creating the links bypasses the need to keep getting prepaid credit cards to sign up for ebay accounts, though id still have to find a way to pay the ebay fees
Old 06-08-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanpierg View Post
well creating the links bypasses the need to keep getting prepaid credit cards to sign up for ebay accounts, though id still have to find a way to pay the ebay fees
one time payment using paypal. this method is mentioned quite a few times in the forum.

- One time payments are your best bet to pay your eBay balance. From your eBay seller Options/Tools, select to make a "One time payment". Enter your payment, select to pay, login to your Paypal account and pay. You won't be linked and your balance is paid.
Old 06-10-2007

I don't know Modee, but I have to say I'm tempted to try as well. I am going to have to link an account real soon, and I was very concerned how I was going to pull that off without saying bye bye to a seasoned account. However, in order to verify the account, wouldn't you still have to give accurate bank information? I could see getting by the credit card problem with a virtual giftcard, but that?
Old 06-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanpierg View Post
Wrong!

You have to link a verified paypal account and to be verified means you need to link a credit card or bank account, which then brings you right back to buying a prepaid card to use on paypal
Old 06-18-2007

Well guys and gals, I'm very interested in trying this. But I'm curious of a couple of things. First, once you create said account, would you have any issues with sending a payment from one good account to the newly created account on the same/next day, or should adding a card solve that limitation? Second, if your intention is to actually use this account for more than just a middle-man to avoid linkage, would the following work?

Create new paypal account with same information as ebay account. Place virtual card on file to avoid immediate limitations. The virtual card can be any address so this should work. Then link the account to ebay/upgrade to premier whenever the need arises.

The only problems I can see with this is that you wouldn't be able to have a verified account without valid bank information on there, and receiving an item might be tricky. How would you put a confirmed address in there to actually receive the goods you purchase?

Once you get by those problems, the rest should be easy I would think.
Old 11-21-2008

Longevity: 89%

it sounds like this should work, the only problem as metioned you need a primiere pp account to link to ebay and that requires bank account info not just gift accounts right? so what if you just went down to your local bank branch and opened a new personal account with new bank # you guys think that would bypass the problem? unless you need to give them your ss# to have a primiere pp account. then they could possibly link your new pp account to your old one. what does anybody think?