Need to open a business account to match paypal business name - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Need to open a business account to match paypal business name

what bank do you guys in the recomend using to open a business bank account, need the name to match my paypal that says for example john smith + co so that i can fully verify paypal direct debits etc, cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-03-2012
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via Skype™ to rama

I always use, ING or Bank of America
Old 12-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Pay attention, he/she is in the UK.
Old 12-04-2012

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaMan View Post
what bank do you guys in the recomend using to open a business bank account, need the name to match my paypal that says for example john smith + co so that i can fully verify paypal direct debits etc, cheers
why do u need to match name?
Old 12-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
No need for names to match as p/p do not see the name on the account.

Also if you are a sole trader you can use personal accounts for your business which negates the need to pay any banking charges associated with business accounts.

Business accounts are best for Ltd Co use.
Old 12-04-2012

Longevity: 79%

ultimatly it does not matter because your name will still be on the business account and thats the info you input in to the PP system.

barclays are good (free banking for my first two years) infact the best from what i remember, Very helpful for start up's

Also used santander after it took over AL free for first 18 months

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 12-05-2012
Threadstarter  

thanks for the replys. i understand that barclays still take deposits under other paye names as thats what i was doing before.

but now ebay have finaly cought up with me 4 months later and have stopped me from selling any further with the MC008.

so now i have purchased an ebay account from my friend but he would not give me the paypal. i have opened a new paypal business account called it ''his name'' + co i have added an entropay card to the account plus ebay, but im stuck at the bank account.
can i add any old barclays account not worrying about the names becuase they let other paye names deposit cash?
but what about the Direct Debit to verify if i insert a mismatching name to the bank into paypal when submitting the Direct Debit. will barclays allow the deposits to be made or will they refuse because the direct debit name from paypal wont match the bank account?

if barclays let the direct debit be set up then im fine but if they wont then i need an account to match the ebay account name. thanks for your help
Old 12-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

There are no problems with Barclays and mismatched names on deposits into an account.

However not sure about using your friend's name on your bank account, think you need to clarify what you have actually done here. All bank accounts should have your real info on them.
Old 12-06-2012

Longevity: 86%

as above, you can use any bank account as long as it HASNT been used on ebay or paypal before
Old 12-06-2012

Quote:
thanks for the replys. i understand that barclays still take deposits under other paye names as thats what i was doing before.

but now ebay have finaly cought up with me 4 months later and have stopped me from selling any further with the MC008.

so now i have purchased an ebay account from my friend but he would not give me the paypal. i have opened a new paypal business account called it ''his name'' + co i have added an entropay card to the account plus ebay, but im stuck at the bank account.
can i add any old barclays account not worrying about the names becuase they let other paye names deposit cash?
but what about the Direct Debit to verify if i insert a mismatching name to the bank into paypal when submitting the Direct Debit. will barclays allow the deposits to be made or will they refuse because the direct debit name from paypal wont match the bank account?

if barclays let the direct debit be set up then im fine but if they wont then i need an account to match the ebay account name. thanks for your help
everything you say is o.k but the account will have limited life if you attach a new paypal to old ebay that had another PP attached to it before,

you risk , limiting your PP and your friends and the ebay account.

You would have been better off giving your mate his Ebay account back and stating brand new.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif

Last edited by Stigger; 12-06-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-06-2012
Threadstarter  

what i did tho is made a new paypal account for that ebay and he has made a new ebay account, so basicly when its finished we will have a business ebay and business paypal under his name then he will have a personal ebay and personal paypal under his name too, i will be using the business one he will use the personal, i can understand that this will probably cause attention to the account but what i always do is delibratly sell high end LEGIT items first so they ask for all the ID and paperwork verification, then once all thats cleared and its passed all ebay checks, thats when i list the not so legit items.

am i right in thinking that ebay allow you 1 business acount plus 1 personal account? without having to many troubles as obviously people would like to keep personal sales and purcahses seprate to the business?

you are great help guys cheers
Old 12-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

Yes you can have one of each but the way you have gone about it draws unwanted attention to all the accounts.

Personally I would be getting fully prepared for a limitation on all these accounts and a docs request for ID, suppliers invoices, the whole nine yards really.

BTW listing high end legit items and non legit items on the same account will probably end in tears and if your friends details are attached to all these accounts, which from what you've said they are, then he's not going to be your friend for very long if the accounts get banned and they are all linked with his real info.

This whole scenario is flawed and will end badly imo

Bad move all round.

Last edited by NoneOther; 12-06-2012 at 11:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NoneOther For This Useful Post:
generousclaw (12-23-2012)
Old 12-06-2012
Threadstarter  

I know i may sound as if im a noob with ebay but thats not the case the main question i was worried with was the missmatching bank accounts.

Like i said before i firstly start off selling legit items to delibritly get asked for the whole nine yards like you call it. I can supply everything so no issues there. When its all verfied i then start selling my other items.

They are not vero so i want get looked at unless i get reported. I did this all 5 months ago and made 30k from it all i was a gold power seller i still am infact but my guess is rival sellers reported me for stealing all the trade and i got one of those mc008 notices saying they dnt like my business model.

I a not suspended just baned from selling so will start all over again the same as last time. I agree with what your saying but the items i sell are not likly to get anyone prosecuted.
Now info about the bank names not needing to match for the verification deposits i will now crack on with it. Cheers guys
Old 12-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

There's a saying..."keep doing the same thing and you'll keep getting the same result"

So doing the same again in order to deliberately sell non legit stuff makes it alright then does it?
Old 12-06-2012
Threadstarter  

I dont expect more than a few months trading out of an account. Not when i can make the kind of cash i have been.

Theres no way to sell the stuff i sell without eventualy being removed its just about avoiding my account being looked at for the longest possible time and by doing what i mentioned above seems to make them leave me alone.
Old 12-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

Think you've missed the point somewhat.

I take it you don't really care that you are in all probability going to screw up your friends accounts in your quest to earn some cash and eventually get him banned from both e/b and p/p.
Old 12-06-2012

Quote:
I know i may sound as if im a noob with ebay but thats not the case the main question i was worried with was the missmatching bank accounts. Like i said before i firstly start off selling legit items to delibritly get asked for the whole nine yards like you call it. I can supply everything so no issues there. When its all verfied i then start selling my other items. They are not vero so i wnt get looked at unless i get reported. I did this all 5 months ago and made 30k from it all i was a gold power seller i still am infact but my guess is rival sellers reported me for stealing all the trade and i got one of those mc008 notices saying they dnt like my business model. I a not suspended just baned from selling so will start all over again the same as last time. I agree with what your saying but the items i sell are not likly to get anyone prosecuted. Now ino about the bank names not needing to match for the verification deposits i will now crack on with it. Cheers guys
The very fact you asked the question is proof that your not as experienced as you seem to think.

Old 12-06-2012
Threadstarter  

obviously yes im not saying i am all im saying is im not a total noob with this stuff, ive only got expeirance with matching paypal and banks, have never tried to use a diffrent bank account to paypal before.

thanks for all the advice i do listen to whats said but only certain options are available to me at this moment and would take far to long using a totaly fresh accont compared to an aged account.

i do belive tho that by delibratly getting the account looked into when everyhting is legit so you can get all the invoice, ID etc out the way is a good thing as then when it comes to selling more things that i cant provide invoices for there is a much less chance of them asking for anything, this is just from my own findings and also by doing that i find there is no selling restrictions either becuase once they have the info and restore your paypal they have trust in you, i have made some mistakes in the past and i find that way works best, for me atleast. obviously there is not much i can do about other members clicking the report item button because my guess is that after its been pressed a number of times they then decide to act regardless.

great site need to swat up on things in detail at some point.
Old 12-07-2012

well you seem to have it all figured out, Good luck

Dont forget to make a total new stealth eby and PP too for back up

Got a feeling your going to need it

Last edited by Stigger; 12-07-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Old 12-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Closed Thread