old ebay acount blocked. can I use linked paypal account to new ebay account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 04-29-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default old ebay acount blocked. can I use linked paypal account to new ebay account?

My old ebay account was indefinitly blocked. Can I still use the paypal account linked to it for another new ebay account? Will ebay block this new account because of this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Yes. Definitely and for sure. What happens is that ebay/paypal link.
So anything associated with a suspended account becomes linked to any
new account.

Now what you need to do is to make new ebay and new paypal accounts. There is a lot that you must be aware of before you make these.
Old 04-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Yes. Definitely and for sure. What happens is that ebay/paypal link.
So anything associated with a suspended account becomes linked to any
new account.

Now what you need to do is to make new ebay and new paypal accounts. There is a lot that you must be aware of before you make these.
I've linked another paypal account to ebay.
Can I put the old paypal account in ebay's item listing just for receiving payment?
Old 04-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

No. That old paypal can never be used with ebay again.
butterfly0416 (04-29-2009)
Old 05-06-2009

Hello,

my account got suspended. I didn't have any linked paypal accounts there, but I was using paypal for buying and accepting payments with that ebay account. So, now I opened new ebay account and what should I do with that old paypal account? I remember reading Askpin guide, which suggested to create a new email address and add it to that old paypal account, and that would be OK. Is that true? Thanks
Old 05-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Welcome,mad.

The best thing to do these days is to make a completely new paypal account. Changing the email no longer works well and can cause links.
Old 05-06-2009

Thanks, GreenBeen. I am really confused. Let's say I will open a new ebay account, with different name, address, new credit card. Then I will open a paypal account, what name \I should use? If I put a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, how I will be able to verify it? Coz paypal asks photo id and proof of address to verify that account. I don't know what to do.. :(
Old 05-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

You make the paypal and ebay names match. Requests for ID come later,
not when you first start. Read this thread for some info
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...y-account.html

Any problems let me know
Old 06-05-2009

Send a message via MSN to I NEED INFO
Unhappy suspended

Quote:
You make the paypal and ebay names match. Requests for ID come later,
not when you first start. Read this thread for some info
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...y-account.html

Any problems let me know
Had my account suspended 2 weeks ago for what was a genuine error and ebay will not reinstate my account. What makes it worse is that they have also lniked my husbands ebay account and blocked his account and also our business ebay account, they have stated they will not remove the blocks on the other 2 accounts until the original suspended account is resolved. After 5 appeals they have said no.

Has anyone tried ringing ebay? i have, you call the number and get routed to the phillipines and all they do is read off a script about how sorry they are and they know how you're feeling blah blah blah....... at first i thought ..awww that's nice but then after making the 10th call it becomes some what obvious there all singing off the same hymn sheet.

So after speaking to them they tell you not to worry and they will email the people who make the decisions in Dublin. When you ask for the direct number in Dublin you get told that they dont take phone calls lol. So they employ the people in the phillipines to take the flack and the people who actually take your account away hide behind their desk in Dublin like cowards.

What makes my story even worse is we had a business account aswell and were v.a.t. registered and this was linked to our paypal account. our livelyhood is in jeopardy and i dont know what to do. I have only joined the site today so all this is new to me and i'm hoping someone in the u.k. who might be able to offer me some advice on what to do.

I've read that even if i use a different name and address and bank details ebay some how have the software to track your ip address even when you use the new account so they then block this also. This is where i lose all hope as it seems they have everything cornered.

My question is this. Is there anyway i can set up a new account keeping my same name but using a different address and bank details? if this can be done would it be a waste of time because as soon as i log in to my new account from my home pc they would link it to a blocked account and ip address?

Can anyone help me?

Michelle
Old 06-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Welcome to the forum. What was the actual reason for the suspension? 'errors' can sometimes be resolved.
Old 06-05-2009

What if you close your paypal account that had a suspended ebay linked to it. Could you come back later and use that bank account again 2-3 months later perhaps with a new paypal?
Old 06-05-2009

Send a message via MSN to I NEED INFO

Quote:
Welcome to the forum. What was the actual reason for the suspension? 'errors' can sometimes be resolved.
Hi GreenBean all i did was purchase a Lacoste Polo for my husband when i was on holiday from spain and when i got back to england it was too big for him so i thought i will list it on ebay. Thats all my mistake was i listed the item and the next thing i knew received an email from ebay stating lacoste had faxed them a letter stating what i was seeling infringed on their intellectual property rights. I had no clue what that meant. So i even emailed lacsote to ask what all that meant. I had no reply and ebay will not help, hence all the accounts were suspended. 5appeals we have made and nothing.
Old 06-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_curb View Post
What if you close your paypal account that had a suspended ebay linked to it. Could you come back later and use that bank account again 2-3 months later perhaps with a new paypal?
curb, Welcome to you

No once either a bank account or paypal has been used in association with a suspended ebay account, they can never be used again. You need to start again,from scratch.
Old 06-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

I NEED INFO- They suspended you for 1 lacoste polo? That seems very harsh, usually they will remove the item and give you a warning first.
Old 06-05-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Did you possibly have other listings removed before that happened?

If you have access to another address, then you will be able to get back on. Even with the same computer, I suggest you purchase the Stealth Book. It will answer almost all of your questions. :D
Old 06-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

heard that I NEED INFO has resolved account now, as you said harsh for one lacoste, they are very well made hard to tell from real thing..
Old 06-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Agreed, oompappa. Not one single ebay staffer heard what was being said.
The item was the least of the problems: it was genuine, there was a receipt. Crime was that the polo shirt did not fit. So what else would anyone do? Sell on good old ebay. Got listed, got pulled and the user got treated badly...... an old & familiar story here
Old 12-06-2012

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
No. That old paypal can never be used with ebay again.
Actually, I don't agree.

Aspkin helped me to delink a paypal from an ebay account. If you do it in a short time frame, I believe they are totally delinked.

My question to you would be, if they are linked, why was it I was able to use the Paypal account for 4 more years?

If it was linked, they should have shut down the paypal as well.

SO, what I am saying is if you delink on Ebay to Paypal and on Paypal to Ebay and then put in a "dummy" paypal email on the old ebay.

Then, open a new Ebay from the old Paypal, I am thinking it might just work.

Anyone tried it?

I am refering to within a short window of the Ebay being frozen.
Old 12-07-2012

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwoodco View Post
Actually, I don't agree.

Aspkin helped me to delink a paypal from an ebay account. If you do it in a short time frame, I believe they are totally delinked.

My question to you would be, if they are linked, why was it I was able to use the Paypal account for 4 more years?

If it was linked, they should have shut down the paypal as well.

SO, what I am saying is if you delink on Ebay to Paypal and on Paypal to Ebay and then put in a "dummy" paypal email on the old ebay.

Then, open a new Ebay from the old Paypal, I am thinking it might just work.

Anyone tried it?

I am refering to within a short window of the Ebay being frozen.
yer i have in the past infact i tried it on my very first account, still caught up with me in the end though, could be something to do with the diffrences here and in the usa, might work now seen as things change all the time, who knows

Would be intresting to see if anyone else has done it in the u.k and worked

how long ago was it when you tried it ?

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif

Last edited by Stigger; 12-07-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 12-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwoodco View Post
Actually, I don't agree.

Did you notice the DATE of my post ?