Suspended from paypal/ebay and seriously upset - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-09-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Suspended from paypal/ebay and seriously upset

So I found out my account was suspended... I had sworn off paypal after a dispute on another account for a $400 LCD monitor got decided in the buyers favor when the UPS tracking info showed it was delivered. They said they couldn't decide in my favor because the buyer didn't sign for it and it was over $150 and it was part of their flawed policy. This took 3 months for them to decide and they were never able to contact the buyer (because he obviously didn't care since he got the monitor). Meanwhile I called paypal maybe 20 times during that period. After I contacted his local authorities and threatened legal action he sent me the money.

I swore that would be my last experience with paypal but as evil as it is the alternatives aren't too good and buyers don't like money orders and checks.

I have since opened a new ebay (old ebay account got suspended due to an unpaid item strike or something) and paypal account. The old accounts were under my mother's name and the new accounts are under mine. Now I find out they are both suspended.

this is the message i got from paypal:

Quote:

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

# May 8, 2008: Our system found unusual activity associated with your PayPal and eBay accounts that present a potential high risk
My ebay account got suspended at the same time of course and I lost all my listings. Now I have a buyer who filed a dispute on paypal because they paid and got scared because the listing they paid for is no longer on ebay. Paypal wants my last 4 tracking numbers which are from payments received yesterday. I have been using paypal to create USPS priority labels and I explained over the phone that I can't create the labels while my account is suspended. They are asking for my supplier information (i was selling random junk around my house and a bunch of hard drives from a server I dismantled).

After I was on hold for 20 minutes I speak to some girl who couldn't tell me anything. I demanded to know the reason why my account was suspended and she tried to tell me something about comparring the mean value of what I was selling of $4 to retail value and wasn't making any sense so I asked to speak to someone higher up.

I spoke to a guy who seemed reasonable and said it was because I was selling electronics and it was mainly the hard drives which gave them a red flag. He asked me to fax him any receipts I had and supplier info. I told him I didn't have them and some were years old. He said he would put that down under explanations and try to submit it for review and it could take 24-48 hours to hear back.

Now from my previous experience whenever a paypal rep told me something would be resolved in 24 hours it meant nothing would happen ever. I'm not sure what to expect since I haven't dealt with this type of paypal issue before.

I have been doing a lot of reading (which lead me here) and have come to learn my hatred and frustration isn't that uncommon.

So my first question is:
How do I restore access to my account as fast as possible so I can get the money I have out of there (about $300)?

After this I will try to stop using paypal altogether. As far as selling things there is still no replacement for ebay. So how can I sell on ebay with the same exposure and receive payments outside of paypal?

I am sick of being a victim of their horrible policies and tactics.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-09-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

Many of us have had the same problems here, if you take a look at the "paypal limited" section of the forum you will find the answers to help restore your paypal acc. for paypal alternatives check under "merchant accounts", depending on what country your from you may be able to use a merchant acc instead of paypal.
Old 05-10-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Yes, old news. Scan the forum, read all the relevant threads to learn how, and open a new account.
What about the money in this account? Is it really necessary to open a new one?
Old 05-10-2008

Longevity: 94%

also just make sure to keep contacting paypal. otherwise they will not restore you or tell you why they have not.
Old 05-10-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdell View Post
also just make sure to keep contacting paypal. otherwise they will not restore you or tell you why they have not.
yeah i plan on calling every day until i can get my funds.

how practical is it for a small seller to set up a merchant account?

I like paypal in theory I just can't deal with stuff like this and their claims/dispute process
Old 05-10-2008

If your old account was killed for unpaid fees, why don't u just pay it? It MUCH less hassle then making new ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts.
Old 05-11-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411guru View Post
If your old account was killed for unpaid fees, why don't u just pay it? It MUCH less hassle then making new ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts.
my old account was killed for unpaid item strikes (I offered to mutually not com0plete a couple transactions with sellers and pay their fees but they never went through with it and instead gave me strikes) and when i log into it it asks me to pay my balance which i won't do because it won't unsuspend my account.