Wrong Birthdate on My Legit Paypal Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-09-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Exclamation Wrong Birthdate on My Legit Paypal Account

I am worried that on my legit Paypal account, the year for my birthdate is wrong.

You see, I registered for Paypal when I was under 18, and I have now turned 18 recently.

Should I call Paypal and ask if they can change it? Or is it too risky? Will they notice that I was under 18 when they go and change it?

I feel uneasy that my birthdate is wrong, I guess they haven't figured it out even though I even linked my SSN at a time when I was under 18.

Side note: There is also a slight error in my name (typo), could I use this to my advantage so that while fixing it they can also fix my birthdate?

Thanks for the replies, I want to get this fixed so paypal doesn't close my account when they realize that the info doesn't match up correctly with my bank and all
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-09-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 79%

Well many years ago I was in the same situation, but oh... good old times. Paypal was still humane. I called them and told about the situation and they changed it. It was working again.

However, times changed and now it is a doubtful question how paypal will react. I think this depends on representatives who manages your situation.
Old 01-09-2013

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubsKing View Post
I am worried that on my legit Paypal account, the year for my birthdate is wrong.

You see, I registered for Paypal when I was under 18, and I have now turned 18 recently.

Should I call Paypal and ask if they can change it? Or is it too risky? Will they notice that I was under 18 when they go and change it?

I feel uneasy that my birthdate is wrong, I guess they haven't figured it out even though I even linked my SSN at a time when I was under 18.

Side note: There is also a slight error in my name (typo), could I use this to my advantage so that while fixing it they can also fix my birthdate?

Thanks for the replies, I want to get this fixed so paypal doesn't close my account when they realize that the info doesn't match up correctly with my bank and all

If I were you, I would leave it be man, for the time being it's fine, if/when they require your ID ..etc just tell them you made a mistake when filling out the account information, as long as your name matches..etc, then I think they might overlook it. At the end of the day, dont give pp a reason to limit your account, dont give them more information than they ask for.
Old 01-09-2013

Longevity: 67%

As long as you were of Legal Age when the account was created I think you'll be fine.

I've seen kids create accounts at 16, then years later they apply for Debit Card etc... then Paypal suspends the account.
Old 01-09-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
As long as you were of Legal Age when the account was created I think you'll be fine.

I've seen kids create accounts at 16, then years later they apply for Debit Card etc... then Paypal suspends the account.

LOL I was 16 when I applied for a debit card and I was limited. I managed to make them unlimit me when I sent in my parent's info "on my behalf".

I wasn't of the Legal age when the account was created, :(.

I'm thinking, should I close this account and re-open it again? I heard I can't the same bank info if I do.

Last edited by StubsKing; 01-09-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-10-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 79%

Yes, you can't use the same bank info again, but you can open new bank account and get new info.

But I am not sure what they will do then they see that account with the same name, last name and address was closed, and after some time was reopened again.
Old 01-10-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I created two real accounts using my home and one of our rentals properties many moons ago. Of course with a variation of my first name.

I put the wrong BD on one and last year when I talked to them I told them I believe I had a typo in my BD on my account.

She looked at the account and asked me a few questions and I got it changed.

BUT in your case if you alert them that you created the account before you were of age I can see it going down.
Old 01-10-2013

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubsKing View Post
LOL I was 16 when I applied for a debit card and I was limited. I managed to make them unlimit me when I sent in my parent's info "on my behalf".

I wasn't of the Legal age when the account was created, :(.

I'm thinking, should I close this account and re-open it again? I heard I can't the same bank info if I do.
It cant be the same bank info (ie need new bank account), but I wouldnt close it and open a new one, just keep using it but make sure you keep withdrawing money as you get it into your account (I use this as a default rule when dealing with paypal/ebay no matter what)
Old 01-10-2013

For me what happened was they closed the account and asked to make a new one. Something like if you are too young we will close your account and you can make it once your 18 and as you are now 18 anyways you make it right away. So they let me withdraw the money (but for some other reasons they temorarily unlimited my account so I could send all the money to the new one with no problems).
Old 01-10-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokescreen View Post
It cant be the same bank info (ie need new bank account), but I wouldnt close it and open a new one, just keep using it but make sure you keep withdrawing money as you get it into your account (I use this as a default rule when dealing with paypal/ebay no matter what)
Yeah I think I'll just do this. What sucks is I have a feeling eventually, down the road, Paypal will realize the birthdate doesn't match up. Hopefully in a year like 2020, I can tell them about this and they'll fix it and might overlook it since it's been so long.

I'll try to keep my Paypal balance to a max of $100 at all times :P
Old 01-10-2013
Banned

Ever thought of making a like account with stealth address details and a few years down the road maybe seeing if you can combine them.

I combined both of mine as I told them I moved and need to update the old.

Ended up getting both accounts with some nice limits and recently even some crazy limits.

But I think you are too early right now to raise and flag and would be risky.

Other then making the similar account, in another town/state etc for use later.

???

That way if they ask you to make a new one you already have it ready and aging!!
Old 01-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

It ain't exactly broke.

Why fix it?

Would be loathe to draw attention to the account if you are operating it to the satisfaction of ebay/paypal at this moment.

Consider that.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
smokescreen (01-10-2013)
Old 01-10-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
It ain't exactly broke.

Why fix it?

Would be loathe to draw attention to the account if you are operating it to the satisfaction of ebay/paypal at this moment.

Consider that.
I agree. Let it sit.

My idea of making a very similar account for use later down the road might work out to benefit you later on as well. Be creative!
Old 01-13-2013
Threadstarter  

Thank you for all your responses. I like the aging idea but I think I'll hold off on that for now. I suppose it's not really a problem until they ask for ID and such.

But if Paypal were to find out, couldn't they just shut me down without a moments notice? Or would they give me a chance to verify ID, etc.
Old 01-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Yes, hold off on any unnecessary action.

If pp were to find out....they would likely give you a chance to verify with ID as long as your operations are not SEVERELY risky.
Old 01-15-2013
Threadstarter  

Ok, makes sense. So down the road when I verify my ID, when the birth year doesn't match up, will they fix it or close the account because of it?
Old 01-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Yes, hold off on any unnecessary action.

If pp were to find out....they would likely give you a chance to verify with ID as long as your operations are not SEVERELY risky.
Is this conjecture or your actual experience?

I HOPE it is experience.

I know of accounts that got closed because of incorrect info being on file.

PLEASE, for the sake of the OP confirm the basis of your comment.

Incorrect DOB, account made by a minor might be trouble.