MC999 on Top Rated Seller Account with 1000+ Feedback - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-15-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default MC999 on Top Rated Seller Account with 1000+ Feedback

Well this just happened. This is an account I opened with a friend. A REAL account. Not stealth... The account has been going strong. 1000+ positive feedbacks 5 negatives and a few neutrals. We got all 3 listings removed.

Now, heres the thing. My friend just left for Aruba this morning. I was going to go to his house every night to package and ship, answer emails, etc. I go there tonight and I saw all listings gone and items that sold yesterday and today gone. I knew exactly what it was before I looked at the messages. We've never had a problem with this account before this. It is from 07 and seemed to be golden. Is there any chance that maybe he messed up and logged on from Aruba and they think the account got hacked so they closed it down until they hear from him? It's the only thing that makes sense to me. The account is still in good standing they just said don't relist or the account will be suspended. Which I already knew so I'm just going to leave it be until then.

I've researched here and there about MC999 but it seems to be with all NEW stealth accounts. Not aged real top rated seller accounts..

Any info would be appreciated. I will wait to hear back from the message I left my friend and hopefully he says he did log on so when he comes back in 5 days he can just call and get it straightened out.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

What did the Notice Say, NOT all MC999 issued for the same reason
Old 01-15-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
What did the Notice Say, NOT all MC999 issued for the same reason
The following listing(s) has been removed because it violates one of our ebay policies:

xxx
xxx
xxx

When removing listings we consider many things, such as:

- Reports from rights owners, law enforcements officials, and members of the ebay community
- Selling history
- Past policy violations
- Insufficient description or photos
- Selling Feedback

Due to the concerns stated above, please don't relist this item. If you do, your listing will be removed and may subject to range of actions, including selling limits or the suspension of your account. This helps protect you from receiving negative feedback or low detailed seller ratings and also prevents ebay buyers from potentially bad shopping experience.

The rest is blah blah blah
Old 01-15-2013

Longevity: 69%

Are the items that were removed, the same items that you have gotten negatives for? Why would they remove listings due to someone logging in from an international IP address? There has to be something your missing.
Old 01-15-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazy View Post
Are the items that were removed, the same items that you have gotten negatives for? Why would they remove listings due to someone logging in from an international IP address? There has to be something your missing.
Yes we've gotten negatives for these before but nothing major. Just people upset because the USPS takes forever. We ship everything same or next day and the negatives we've gotten are for people saying it took forever and what not.

The only reason I think this, is because I have another account with another friend and I listed items on his account from my macbook (using a different user account on the mac so it changes everything not linking it to any other previous accounts) and then he went in and changed the listing on his computer moments later. Ebay sent an MC999 and removed his listings.. He had to call them and they wanted to know why he logged on from two different computers so soon. He said he logged on at work then at home. They reinstated it and it's been fine for months.

That in mind, I figured maybe since he logged on from here then hours later logged on from Aruba they removed the listings to be safe just in case his account did get hacked or something.
Old 01-15-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 65%

Why doesnt your friend just call ebay from Aruba to see what is going on?
Old 01-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Yes we've gotten negatives for these before but nothing major. Just people upset because the USPS takes forever. We ship everything same or next day and the negatives we've gotten are for people saying it took forever and what not.

The only reason I think this, is because I have another account with another friend and I listed items on his account from my macbook (using a different user account on the mac so it changes everything not linking it to any other previous accounts) and then he went in and changed the listing on his computer moments later. Ebay sent an MC999 and removed his listings.. He had to call them and they wanted to know why he logged on from two different computers so soon. He said he logged on at work then at home. They reinstated it and it's been fine for months.

That in mind, I figured maybe since he logged on from here then hours later logged on from Aruba they removed the listings to be safe just in case his account did get hacked or something.

SOMETHING, Flagged this account and brought it to the attention of a Staffer who MANUALLY rewiewed it, I sincerly Doubt it is for the reason you stated, I have MANY times logged onto an account from a Desktop, and then MINUTES later from a Tablet, with a COMPLETELY different Ip Address,,,

I would hazard to guess that someone reported you to ebay, an angry Buyer, a Competitor maybe, if it was the rights owner you would have gotten a VERO Violation containg the Rights owners contact information, so I doubt it was them,,No this is simply a case of the Reviever NOT liking your Products or Sales Practices, do not be surprised if you receive catagory restrictions as well
Old 01-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

- Reports from rights owners, law enforcements officials, and members of the ebay community

This does not sound at all like your typical ID verification for signing into aruba. Which certainly is not so wise. Yea it might be normal, however ebay is a paranoid beast.

It has to do with the item you are selling....
Old 01-15-2013
Threadstarter  

Hmm, interesting..

Now I have a question. Say a buyer is upset with my product, selling practices, etc, what does he/she have to do to get Ebay to MANUALLY review the account? I feel like a normal "report member" button click wouldn't do it. I would imagine they would have to call ebay and raise hell for them to manually review one account.

Does anyone know how quick ebay is to manually review an account? What does it take for them to do it?
Old 01-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Hmm, interesting..

Now I have a question. Say a buyer is upset with my product, selling practices, etc, what does he/she have to do to get Ebay to MANUALLY review the account? I feel like a normal "report member" button click wouldn't do it. I would imagine they would have to call ebay and raise hell for them to manually review one account.

Does anyone know how quick ebay is to manually review an account? What does it take for them to do
Yea It might Take a Little more that, like the item you are selling, If it is a Known (and they are ALL Known) "China Special" then that will be PLENTY of reason for them to boot you.

I can GUARANTEE that if EVERYTHING else in your situation was EXACTLY the same and the only thing that was different was the item for sale,,then you most likely would not have gotten the MC999,,,What if you were selling Shoelaces, do you still think that your listing would have gotten Pulled? I think NOT,,,
Old 01-16-2013

Longevity: 90%

I think one of your competitors reported you. Seems like the most logical explanation here.
Old 01-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Yeah unauthorized item report when it doesn't say vero member email = competitors reporting you or just whiney ninnys reporting anything they dont like or "suspect" don't list more of that item on that account for a long time, if its not the first time. never do it again.
The Following User Says Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
Casper (01-16-2013)
Old 01-16-2013
Threadstarter  

This is the first time.. Ugh. I guess we'll just have to take it easy for a while. I appreciate all the advice and input. I'll do a follow up if anything changes.
Old 01-16-2013

Longevity: 69%

Yeah, I agree... definitely sounds like a manual review or something of the sort. That's what kind of sucks with eBay, they seem to believe anything, but they'll never believe your reasoning whether it's true or not.
Old 01-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Just a question. Might be kind of a stupid one but who knows with ebay. If I reposted the listing but used different pictures, title, description, price etc would they catch on? What if we changed the name of our username? Is eBay going to be monitoring this account for a while now?

Thanks
Old 01-17-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

If you got reported by competition you will be found within 24 hours.

They will be ebays eyes and ears watching and then reporting you.

Find another product to sell for a while.