suspension miscategorization of digitally delivered goods - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-13-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Unhappy suspension miscategorization of digitally delivered goods

Hello, First let me say excellent site I have been reading through the forums for days and I figured I'd see if anyone could help me out.

First off I have been selling on ebay since 1999 and Have been through many accts all for various reasons. I have never scammed anyone well there was that time I sold 6,000.00 worth of crap and paypal limited and I never shipped.

anyway I was selling on this new acct and everything was good just had to start it because I ruined my name on ebay years ago and had a partner that kept stealing from me.

I had a way to make free money about 7K monthly selling stuff like iphone unlock software and mobile phone tools

well I am sure most everyone is familiar with the new digital goods policy well I was in compliance I stated Shipping via usps first class mail. Item is on CD but if you would like to download and use before your cd arrives please let me know!

Suspended!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I live in one state and have a brother whom lives accross the country but is in The US he will open me an acct in his name. only problem is I will have a ip from my state as I will be listing.

will this be an issue?

I have recently purchased a truckload from circuit city returns and have a whole lot of money tied up and Ebay is my lifeline here.

Just appealed and got that "your acct will remain indefinately suspended letter"

any advice would be appriciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-13-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

It could be an issue, when you start using the account don't change any information or you could be limited by ebay. Ask your brother to set it up as if he were you in your state. And then you can start using it. Again don't change any details of the account once you start using it. Good luck.
Old 05-16-2008
Threadstarter  

So if i open the acct in his name and Florida address can I list safely with my ip showing I am in indiana?

really do not want to screw this up!
Old 05-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

You missed what aspkin said: he recommended that your brother 'to set the account up as
if he is in your state'. Not in another state but where you are located..... get my drift.
Old 05-16-2008
Threadstarter  

I get that but wont that lead to address verification issues. I have had that problem they want ID and utility bill at times.

Plus Id have to give a address which that isn't a big deal but what if someone returns something to the address? or I buy something not thinking and it's LOST. (have done that before on accident!)

Here's an Idea I thought of. I will list through auctiva but not upload to ebay I will have him go in and hit the upload to ebay button until the acct is primed. Also I beleive there is a way I can view my current auctions in the auctiva account and as far as answering Q's I can log into the email for that.

So for the most part I can avoid logging into ebay

The hard part is going to be shipping not sure my best way to do that without logging into ebay or paypal maybe I can use a proxy to do that or he can print labels and fax to me or send me an email with item #'s and addresses.

He is getting 20% so he can do a little work!

Just do not want to screw this up!

I am sure once the acct's FB is up it will be O.K. And I will also make sure he is logging in regularly from his Ip.

Any advice would be great! I am in no rush as I want to make sure I have a good strategy as I have done the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ namer thing and it works for a while but I am tired of new acct B/s and if I could combine all my F/B from my accounts I'd have atlease 20K or so.

This is pretty much my last hope for a legit real name account that can be verified.

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-16-2008 at 04:31 AM.
Old 05-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What you are proposing is going to create too many problems. Already you are talking about doing this or doing that & it will not work. If you can get your brother to set up an account using AOL then you should be OK. You can not afford to expose your account to
user errors.
A point about the address: if you get to sending items enclose a return address label
in the package...... thank ebayhateluv for that tip. Train yourself to not make errors,take
care to work ebay to your own advantage.
Old 05-18-2008

Ah the old iPhone unlock software. Those are sold upwards of $15.00 and sold like crack as I recall. Yes, the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ "This item is on CD and will be physically shipped" but it is really a download trick won't work anymore as I sold similar software with maybe 25 other sellers. Most got killed, even the ones using that trick. There are only 2-3 original sellers left. Some are still up somehow. I guess a disgruntled buyer can report you to ebay when they get mad thinking it was on CD but instead, a download. I have discontinued selling on ebay when I got killed by them. I do however, still retain an unsuspended power seller account. I do have some success on iOffer recently.
Old 05-18-2008

that sucks, you have inventory, i have a huge inventory too, im a legit seller and i got the boot, but as for the ip it might be, but i susgest you use auctiva to list your items so that way ebay doesnt know where your listing your item from, goodluck.
Old 05-18-2008

Well... ebay is a great and powerfull company and they can allow to trade goods what they like.... From theese goods ebay isn't getting anything..