please help-new ebay user, buyer only MC999 suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-19-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default please help-new ebay user, buyer only MC999 suspension

I was a total noob. I signed up to ebay to purchase three smartphones for me and my family to keep my unlimited data with verizon. Was able to buy the first item within two days of opening ebay account.
When trying to purchase the remaining two phones the next day PAYPAL held up the payment from going thru and limited my account. I them proceeded to frantically try to pay for the remaining two phones anyway I could think of so I could satisfy the sellers (stupid I know). I opened a new paypal account with different email and cc but same name and address. I was able to purchase the remaining two phones this way.
The payments went through the new account and then promptly suspended. Anyways I was able to get my original paypal account reinstated and I received the second two phones.

This week I received a suspension MC999 from ebay (my main paypal account is still good). The asked me to send a fax to verify my identity (DL and bank statement or cc bill etc). Problem is I just moved from out of state and I have not yet got a new license. Should I give them my out of state license with the different address and explain? I would like to get my original account reinstated for buying only as I still have an outstanding issue with the first phone (not received and seller not responding to messages).

Now that I know better I will set up a stealth account for future selling.
Thank you

Last edited by smrtcooke; 01-19-2013 at 03:01 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums.

So let me get this clear, you got mc999 for BUYING?
quote : This week I received a suspension MC999 from ebay (my main paypal account is still good).

What were you trying to do?

I realize your follies with the purchasing of phones and making new pp accounts (not good but whatever, done is done) but eB...were you selling? Do other family members have accounts on same computer?

You might need to understand stealth better.

Lets discuss.

All the best
Old 01-20-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%

Yes I recieved MC999. Here it is.
Quote:
MC999 SUSPENSION: Safety and Security - rXXXXXXX

Hello rXXXXXXX (XXXXXXX@hotmail.com),

Your eBay account has been suspended because recent account activity has raised security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm--even unintentionally--to the eBay community.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

Any outstanding fees will be due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

We appreciate your understanding.
All my purchases had been a week prior although I ran into issues with paypal that week. I sent a stronger worded message to the buyer that has not shipped the phone yet on 1/15.
Quote:
I have not received any replies to my messages concerning shipment since you sent the ESN of the phone on 1/9/13. Please confirm shipment of the phone with tracking information. If I do not receive a reply from you I will assume there is a problem with the sale.
. Of course I received no reply yet and the next day my account was suspended. No idea if there is a connection or not or it was my attempts to pay the week earlier that had caused a review of my account. No one in my family has an ebay account. Also should I send in my out of state license or wait to get a new one? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you