My never ending battle...and can I open another account with my real info? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-22-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default My never ending battle...and can I open another account with my real info?

I've been on ebay and using paypal as far back as when it was x.com
I was doing it long before these excellent and informative forums were around. A lot of what has been said I discovered by trial and error. Sadly, I'm getting burnt out and I find it hard to keep up with all the tricks. I sold boot TV shows for a while and got a lot of accounts shut down (including one with my own info). At some point, I gave that up and went into comic books. I got several accounts shut down because they were linked to the VEROed accounts and I eventually created another account with my real info. It got shut down after a couple of years, but ebay called me about money owed. We discussed the money owed and the previous VERO violations and they agreed that if I paid the past dues they would let my legit info account be reinstated. It was..for about 2 years. But every six months it would get shut down and I'd have to call to remind ebay of the agreement. Each time, they would reinstate it. It was the fifth or sixth time that I got some hard ass who simply refused.

So, ebay broke their agreement and I ended up using an older stealth account that lasted several years. Unfortunately, I used a paypal account with my real info. Part of the reason is the 1099 thing as I do cross the 200/20000 threshold. Unfortunately, ebay or paypal randomly checks to see if your ebay and paypal info matches. Since my paypal info was info for an account that had gotten suspended, they limited the ebay account (but left the paypal alone) requesting i establish that the ebay account is not associated with the paypal info. That's really not possible.

So, I'm in a bind. I still need to make money with comics. Unfortunately, using multiple accounts for comics is not the best alternative. Customers buy a variety of books and having a few hundred on a half dozen accounts doesn't sell as well as one account with several hundred or a couple thousand comics to select from. Especially when they are low dollar books.

My question is basically, can I open another account with my real info. I recently moved to a new address and have a new IP, and used REVO to remove all the related files from my computer (including flash cookies and from the registry). I can either get a phone # through evoice.com or a throw away phone with a new number. I would prefer to open a new ebay and paypal with my real info because if the account lasts and grows, I will get a 1099 from paypal. Is using my legit info just not feasible? Paypal usually lets you use a TIN or EIN instead of SS#, but your bank info must match your paypal info (not sure when they started that)and screwing with bank info is not something I care to try.

So, I guess I'm asking what folks think. Have you had any luck opening another account with your legit info? My name is not common, like a John Smith so I don't know if that means anything.
J
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-25-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Please read the forums.

If you had you would know the answer.

Nothing from a banned account can ever be used again.

The rest is in the forum.

Read and learn how to get yourself back in order.
Old 01-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

dammit, my eyes turn red.
Old 01-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I'll send you tissues, Yoshi

Ziggy,

You are having a never ending battle because you are clutching at a fantasy. Despite our dreams of reusing info again on ebay/paypal, we have collected enough evidence to say it is not a preferred method to get back to using this platform.

However you have come to the correct place to discover a working format that will allow you to use ebay.

You can do two things with the same course of action. Obtain an EIN & with the use of a DBA you can trade on ebay. Made correctly, that will let you use little info related to old banned accounts.
I recommend you read more on the forum. Return to this thread when you get the ghist of what I said.

Old 01-25-2013

Send a message via Skype™ to AuctionsDenied

I have been on this forum for about two weeks now. I have gone over e bay stealth probably 50 times and I search through this forum daily to get ideas and to help keep up with what is going on.

All the answers you need are right hear and in the book.

Good luck to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuctionsDenied For This Useful Post:
Packattack12 (02-07-2013)
Old 01-25-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Please read the forums.

If you had you would know the answer.

Nothing from a banned account can ever be used again.

The rest is in the forum.

Read and learn how to get yourself back in order.
I've read it...I just wanted a straight answer. Since I sell comics, having a zillion accounts isn't feasible. People buy comics in a variety and having 20 different accounts wouldn't work well. Also, its the whole building them up (which takes time) and the fact that I do hit the 200/20k threshold. I'd have to stop using that account for the year and switch to another. Guess, i just don't have the energy anymore. Twelve years battling them...I'm almost ready to walk away. Maybe try Amazon. Not sure how well individual comics sell on there. Thanks for the input.
Old 01-27-2013
Banned

If there is a good amount of higher end comics find an auction house specializing in things like comic books.

For me, I would turn this into an account and feedback builder for many accounts and then move onto something else.
Old 01-27-2013

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggypop999 View Post
I've read it...I just wanted a straight answer. Since I sell comics, having a zillion accounts isn't feasible. People buy comics in a variety and having 20 different accounts wouldn't work well. Also, its the whole building them up (which takes time) and the fact that I do hit the 200/20k threshold. I'd have to stop using that account for the year and switch to another. Guess, i just don't have the energy anymore. Twelve years battling them...I'm almost ready to walk away. Maybe try Amazon. Not sure how well individual comics sell on there. Thanks for the input.
So build your own site and drive traffic to it. Screw Ebay.

There are many ways to get traffic. People only use Ebay because of the traffic, who the hell would put up with their crap otherwise.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
zoneout (02-09-2013)
Old 01-27-2013

Longevity: 70%

Clearly you are not learning your lesson. You can either 1. Following ebays rules, and sell with no issues or 2. Dont sell on ebay, and create your own site and deal with the ip holders directly.
The Following User Says Thank You to AmazonStealth For This Useful Post:
Roscoe (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013

Quote:
My question is basically, can I open another account with my real info.
No, Never, Zilch of a chance.

Hopefully that clears things up.
Old 01-27-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
No, Never, Zilch of a chance.

Hopefully that clears things up.

OP did not think if this was the case the no one would ever have the need to do all the work that is done to do what we do.

Think about it, if you could recycle your real info like this so easy I would have 1000 Sandy D accounts up and running instead of 500 D Sandies. Sandi R, Sandee J.'s running.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
Roscoe (01-27-2013)
Old 02-04-2013
Threadstarter  

I may not have been clear in my question. My basic question was this. If I used my real first and last name and nothing else...new IP, new physical address (real and verifiable..I moved), an EIN, new credit card, new bank accoun, new paypal and all previous traces of ebay and paypal wiped from the computer (including flash cookies and registries) can it plausibly work? I'm just wondering if anyone has actually tried this. Given that my name is the only original info, it would seem that would not be enough to go on. But if I was certain, I wouldn't be asking.
Old 02-05-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

I'm not sure if the EIN alone is going to satisfy PayPal. That could be your only problem. They may ask for actual SSN for account name/holder.

Everything else would seem fine. I may be wrong though.
Old 02-07-2013
Banned

Op

Have you started working on a back up plan yet?

You need some back up accounts moving now just in case.
Old 02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndefinRestricT View Post
I'm not sure if the EIN alone is going to satisfy PayPal. That could be your only problem.

They may ask for actual SSN for account name/holder.

Everything else would seem fine. I may be wrong though.
If you run enough money through your account they will eventually ask for SS.

Keep it far under 200/20k and make many Stealths to avoid problems.
Old 02-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
If you run enough money through your account they will eventually ask for SS.

Keep it far under 200/20k and make many Stealths to avoid problems.
That in itself may be difficult.

Users have reported being asked for TAX info at $5000 sales totals.

Tricky area as you know.

Old 02-08-2013

Have you thought about establishing and LLC and registering your paypal with your EIN that you get for the LLC? I got banned, but I plan on starting an LLC to resell used cell phones to get around the ban.
Old 02-09-2013

Quote:
I may not have been clear in my question. My basic question was this. If I used my real first and last name and nothing else...new IP, new physical address (real and verifiable..I moved), an EIN, new credit card, new bank accoun, new paypal and all previous traces of ebay and paypal wiped from the computer (including flash cookies and registries) can it plausibly work? I'm just wondering if anyone has actually tried this. Given that my name is the only original info, it would seem that would not be enough to go on. But if I was certain, I wouldn't be asking.
Of course this works.
Old 02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
That in itself may be difficult.

Users have reported being asked for TAX info at $5000 sales totals.

Tricky area as you know.

Absolutey GB. That's why I keep creating more stealths. If and "when" PP sends me the dreaded request for my Social I will simply wait the 180 days and hopefully cash out.

I was asked for SS after ONLY 4 sales. $297.00 each but this was a monthly recurring fee and I used the "subscribed payment button" with PP.

If they Annualized those payments it would have been $12,000.00

Probably why I got the request. Now I stopped using that button and no invoices via PP system.
Old 02-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

OP, get the guide + read through the forums to go stealth. Dont look back and try to reuse old suspended info.

All the best
Old 02-10-2013

Longevity: 82%

Here's the best I can come up with for you, not sure if it would work.

First off, I would not use my real info if I were you. To easy to get linked.

If you're worried about the 20,000 threshold, and you must have all your comics listed on the same account to drive up sales and traffic, then try this.

Open your stealth account. Use a real address that no other person has ever registered with ebay or in the public registry (if you need help with this pm me, I have a tactic that might work)

Build up sales for a couple months. Call ebay and explain that your sales are starting to increase and you'd like to request an increase. When looking at your low risk items with high feedback, it shouldn't be a huge problem, if you get the right ebay rep, you should be able to get a 100/5000 increase, I've been able to do it.

Now here's where I have an idea for you. Tell them that you would like to sell some items for a couple friends, but that you would like the payments sent to their paypal email. If they allow it, then it should increase the 200/20,000 tax limits because now you can use multiple paypal users to spread the money.

I don't know if it will work, I've never done it, personally I would have no need to do it, but I understand your situation and hope it helps.