Ebay's Doomsday A Myth? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-18-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Arrow Ebay's Doomsday A Myth?

I have again been suspended from ebay, and i am getting tired of this, so i did some research about google auctions...

Would a Google auction site tame the eBay monster? Many sellers believe the existence of a formidable competition would force eBay to honor its commitment to its customers. One of many current petitions online boasts over 625 signatures, but it’s growing. In an effort to tame eBay’s monopoly-like presence, the need for an auction site with similar staying power and buyer appeal is more apparent than ever. A Google auction site would provide eBay with furious competition, and with Google’s new payment system in place, many sellers predict that they would tell Paypal an enthusiastic buh-bye.

Why all the love lost for eBay, America’s most infamous auction site? Simple. EBay doesn’t play fair. From outrageous fee hikes to discriminatively making American customers pay more for the same service offered worldwide, eBay has grown bigger than her britches, and though there was pointed outrage at a previous fee hike, eBay sellers at that time felt completely helpless. Not anymore. So why is Google the target for many former eBayers? Why do so many want a Google auction site?

Clout, status, trustworthiness have all been qualities mentioned to describe Google lately. A Google auction site would give eBay a fair run for its money, which would in turn force eBay to decrease prices. But that effort might undoubtedly be too little, too late, as the auction community has basically been saying, “Enough is enough!”

Ex EBay CEO Meg Whitman has quickly become one of the most hated individuals on the internet, and comments about eBay’s lack of responsibility resounds. A Google auction site would put people like Meg and company in their place, and maybe for once, Meg Whitman would feel what it’s like to barely be able to feed her family because she once depended on a company that can no longer be trusted.

Wishing justice on eBay and its founders and staff is not the only reason why people are requesting a Google auction site. Some just like the connection to the search engine giant. Google is more trusted than many other sites due to its constantly adaptive nature. A Google auction site might offer users the ability to see this sort of ability in action, even if it means boasting adwords alongside auctions. EBay tacks ads everywhere now, even when inappropriate, so that will not phase many sellers.

Perhaps there is a way for Google to use the adwords and auctions together, taking advantage of a great market and seller demand for a responsible Google auction site. A Google auction site would be attractive for many reasons, especially if they show customer service as a priority and offer fair price structures and fair fee hikes when necessary.

We know that Google has considered online auctioning in the past, but it’s never been a better time for Google to launch a Google auction site. As eBay shares keep falling, Google’s have been steadily going up. An announcement of an auction site offering might be just the kick Google needs (and the kick in the teeth eBay needs) to lead sellers to a hopefully more trustworthy venue.

EBay has shot itself in the foot. Sellers will come and go, but most will have no other choice than to go with eBay’s expensive venue. Though they tend not to take seriously any boycott or seller disappointment in them, if there was a Google auction site to attract sellers, the buyers would follow. Already, Google shops are sprouting up using Google checkout systems and personal sites to do business without eBay reaching into every pocket. Much can be said about smaller auction sites as well, especially during these fickle days.

Will there ever bee a Google auction site? The Google group auctionplease hopes to make this dream a reality. With the right backing and support, it will likely some day happen. Hopefully it will take place before eBay buys more of the little companies so people stop lining the greedy, insensitive giant’s pockets with more poverty-earned cash.

The point is, it is not certain that google will make auction website, its still a maybe, 50/50.. how ever you want to put it.
this is disturbing news to me, as i wished google would give us a yes or no answer as too whether they plan to launch an auction site or not, but all we can do now is sit back and pray.

Ref: Will Google Ever Host an Auction Site - Associated Content
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-18-2008
Threadstarter  

there are also rumors, i don't know if there true or not, but the rumors are that google made a deal with ebay and google auctions will not exist.
Old 05-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

The truth is, eBay isn't going anywhere. Other auction sites may rise to the level of eBay, but eBay will still be there. Perhaps with less market share, but still a powerful player in the industry.

The best we can do is adapt and keep selling. As long as eBay wants to stay in business, they need sellers. And as long as sellers are on eBay, we will be there.
Old 05-18-2008
Threadstarter  

yea, but its kind of sad and depressing to know that ebay does not have any true competition because if they did, ebay wouldn't treat us like sh*t
Old 05-18-2008

Longevity: 95%

o belive me if google launchs a site and its better then ebay then it will put ebay at 2nd place then eGay will be forced to change its habbits. and all that new bulls**t ebays doing is going to run off more people then do them good.
Old 05-18-2008
Threadstarter  

if google does launch its auction site
there will be no ebay

but i hope google is planning to launch a auction site
SOON...
Old 05-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

as said, if google came along with googlebay or whatever, give it some time and i would say ebay would be in second place. But who knows maybe ebay paid them off, maybe google are hard at work developing a solution, or maybe there interests are elsewhere.

For now we must all adapt to ebays horrid ways and stay in front of all there changes.
Old 05-18-2008
Threadstarter  

but how long can we stay in front of all there changes?
as soon as we learn about one of their new tactics they released another one...
Old 05-18-2008

Longevity: 95%

its cause they got infotraters and spys watching this site and what people post about they fix shortly after.
Old 05-19-2008
Threadstarter  

google not making a auction site is a EXTREMELY hard fix. after all there competitors or so it seems.
Old 05-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

Your right, there will probably come a time where we wont be able to match ebays changes, lets hope by then google unleshes there newest creation.
Old 05-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

They can't keep us from selling. Either they want sellers and then we can always sell or they can close shop. It's as simple as that. There's nothing they can do to prevent us from looking like a normal seller to them.
Old 05-19-2008

That article is just one dude's opinions. Its not a news article. It would cost Google significant resources if they were to make an auction site. Therefore I don't think they are going to do it. I would believe the idea that ebay paid them not to start an auction site. I know google was pissed for ebay not allowing google checkout. But it is stupid and bad business for Google to get mad just because of that and make a rival auction. Also, the ones moaning are us sellers who got killed by ebay. I'm sure buyers won;t give a crap if google starts one. But if they do, I'm sure it will be free like all of google's other products.

I agree, what will be, will be. In the mean time, make ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts and sell on ebay or other auction alternatives.
Old 05-19-2008
Threadstarter  

does anyone at all know for sure if google is going ahead and going to make a auction site or not?
i have looked everywhere and could not find a definite answer, is them making an auction site just a rumor?