Disposable pp accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-30-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Disposable pp accounts

Hello. This thread is an intro AND a series of pp questions, so mods, please move if I am in the wrong area.

I have been ghosting here for several months now but I have been reading a lot more in the past three days. There is a lot of good info here on the boards, even from old threads and I just want to say thanks to all contributors.

Here's a little background on me...

I've had eb and pp accounts since 2003. For many years I was a casual buyer that occasionally made a sale or two. During college I sold maybe a dozen used textbooks for very little return. Then I left ebay alone for a few years. Last year I began playing with quibids (anyone familiar with that site?) and won some gift cards at really low prices. SO, naturally I went to ebay and made nice profit from my quibids winnings. After that gravy train passed I sold some random household items that did fairly well. This accumulated activity earned me some great feedback, 50/5000 limits and instant access to pp funds. At this point the approximate time was August of last year.

Well, a few months later I began selling a digital good in large quantities. I did very well with this item despite it being against eb & pp TOS or whatever. Anyway, after a couple weeks of strong sales I got my pp account limited. I was cashing out everyday, sometimes twice or thrice a day, so I never lost any funds. My girlfriend wanted in on the action and she had two pp accounts, so I worked off of those for about a month before both became limited. Of course, continuing to cash out religiously.

EB has never really been an obstacle for me; it is pp that is the toughest issue for me to figure out now. I am going stealth, so no more pp debit card and instant cash outs. That poses a real question because I cash out daily in case pp tries some slick stuff. I am concerned that after attempting to withdraw to a bank account that the payments may somehow be reversed. Anyone have any advice on this? Can pp even reverse a withdrawal to a bank account or am I just being paranoid?

I could care less about having to start over with accounts. In fact, I am anticipating it quite frequently in the future. Just need a little tailored advice for a guy who is esentially using disposable accounts.

Thanks folks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalon View Post
EB has never really been an obstacle for me; it is pp that is the toughest issue for me to figure out now. I am going stealth, so no more pp debit card and instant cash outs. That poses a real question because I cash out daily in case pp tries some slick stuff. I am concerned that after attempting to withdraw to a bank account that the payments may somehow be reversed. Anyone have any advice on this? Can pp even reverse a withdrawal to a bank account or am I just being paranoid?
If you accept payments from Ebay and you maintain a good standing with both Ebay and Paypal...in theory you should be fine.

Once you establish a solid ebay and paypal account, withdrawing money from paypal is not a major issue.

I have several paypal accounts that I withdraw any amount any time and yet to have paypal reverse a deposit.

Make sure to maintain your accounts.
Old 01-30-2013

Longevity: 77%

Do you know why your paypal accounts were limited? That is the most important issue.

If you were selling digitally delivered goods did you receive any chargebacks?
Old 01-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Be aware that digital goods are ALWAYS risky to pp's eyes. You need a strong business plan to be proper with PP.

If this is legit business, I might consider calling pp in advance and explaining about your digital goods - yes you might be asked for docs so be prepared. This is one way of approaching.
Old 01-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I do indeed incur chargebacks, reversals and holds quite often. This is just the nature of what I am selling so it does not surprise me, but with a verified account and paying close attention to what comes in, I can keep the account open 1-2 weeks with no concerns.

Many of you may say 1-2 weeks is a failure but not for me.

PP has contacted me in the past to tell me that my business is considered a certain type of business and that they would prefer not to be my payment processor. Keep in mind that I don't care what they say so they will be my payment processor again at some point.

Just to be clear, I am completely aware that selling digital goods is risky but I am going to continue taking the risk.

Has anyone had a withdrawal to a bank account reversed by pp in the past?
Old 01-30-2013

Longevity: 71%

It looks like you need to space out your transactions a little because you have to think in the eyes of Paypal. If you are selling digital Cams and you are pulling about 400 to 600 dollars out daily then you are in a mine area of Paypal because it appears you have something to lose when you consistently make withdraws. Try spacing out your sales and your withdraws. Let it accumulate then take the payments out at the end of the day. Also something else to look out for is i have recently discovered Paypal stop bank transfers if an item goes into a case or dispute.
Old 01-30-2013

I see you have had that happen to you a withdrawal retracted by Paypal. You must have been posting while i was typing up my message. Also I take it you didn't purchase the stealth manual because of some of your questions.

In the future to avoid this from happening make a solid Paypal business account use that as your Man money extractor but don't link these to any eBay accounts add you social so that you can lift the withdrawal limit. Make worker Paypal accounts Which These will be used solely for eBay one to be exact then once payments are received SEND payments to you master account so you can beat losing money.

Last edited by STACCATO; 01-30-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by STACCATO View Post
I see you have had this done to you. I take it you didn't purchase the stealth manual because of some of your questions
No I have never had this done. But prevention is better than a cure.
Old 01-30-2013

i have update post re-read for preventative measures. If you want to be part of the elite club then you have to put your all in it trust me you will see a difference once you invest time and effort.
Old 01-30-2013

Longevity: 66%

Paypal can reverse a withdrawal at any time they deem necessary...the withdrawal will show pending for 24 hours and even at 23 hours and 59 minutes if they wanted to reverse it then they will. They make you wait 24 hours so they can scrutinize the withdrawal. But I have withdrawn 13, 000 at one time with no issues. I usually withdraw as soon as the funds hit my account.
The Following User Says Thank You to boost For This Useful Post:
megalon (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013

I am a little confused about your selling practices sounds like your a Shyster of a sell i hope not but if your getting charge backs like that then you may need to find something else to sell.
Old 01-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I do indeed incur chargebacks, reversals and holds quite often. This is just the nature of what I am selling so it does not surprise me, but with a verified account and paying close attention to what comes in, I can keep the account open 1-2 weeks with no concerns. ?
That alone is a large cause of concern - might be best to avoid pp.

Quote:
Has anyone had a withdrawal to a bank account reversed by pp in the past?
Definitely - has happened quite a bit when withdrawal leads to a limitation.
Old 01-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the help Staccato but I don't think you get it.

Anyway, thanks for the insight boost.
Old 01-30-2013

Longevity: 77%

Well, it's obvious the amount of chargebacks is the problem with your paypal accounts, if you want an account to last longer here is a list of steps you have to take:

- Limit the purchasing quantity to 1 per buyer, sell more only to buyers you trust - also try to establish some regular buyers which you know can be trusted. This is a great way to minimize risk.

- In buyer requirement change the requirements so only members with a paypal account will be able to purchase your items. This will prevent some scammers from buying your items since they have to use someone else's paypal account.

- Review the buyer's purchase history on ebay, you can do this by Advanced search - By Bidder (include completed listings). Here are things that should raise a red flag with you: buyer purchases many digitally delivered goods in a span of 1-2 days without any previous history of these kind of items, buyer is a newly registered user, there is no recent activity on the account (no buyer purchase for a year or something along those lines), buyer over pays for digitally delivered goods (like bidding $115 on a $100 Amazon gift card).

All of these are signs of scammers, I don't always refund buyers with 0 feedback but it is a sign.

- Look at the paypal payment. Buyer is unregistered or unverified? Refund immediately. You can also see the name on the account in paypal payments - of the name on the paypal account is different from the name on the shipping address refund the buyers. If the shipping address is in the USA but the paypal account is outside of the USA refund the buyer immediately.

Take all of these steps and you will lower your chargeback rate significantly.
Old 01-30-2013
Threadstarter  

I'm not sure I am getting my point across very clearly.

I do appreciate all of the advice. Thanks to all who took time out of their day and responded.
Old 01-30-2013

You are welcome if you need other information create a post.
Old 01-30-2013

So are you trying to create paypal accounts to just use once or twice then toss them . If so that is possible but that will waste a lot of time and effort.