Indefinite suspension issues: New Subscription Member. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-06-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Indefinite suspension issues: New Subscription Member.

Hello everyone! I just bought the eBay Stealth.

It's great to have a support group with knowledge and experience. I'm hoping the forum elder's can help guide me.

I was just "restricted indefinitely" today and haven't touched my account since hearing the news. I wanted to get info before I touched anything.

I would love some input and direction on what to focus on.

My story:
My and two friends and I have an online business (we're partners in this) and have 4 eBay accounts between us. 3 are personal accounts and 1 is our primary business account (6 months old). The business account was shut down today after I called eBay to appeal a 75 monthly item sale limit. They removed the negative feedback from a buyer that used "feedback extortion" on me and I was hoping that I would hear from them and have my selling limits increase. To my surprise they gave me the "restricted indefinitely message."

Back in December they placed their first selling limit on me. 150 items. As a new eBayer selling our own unique product, we were easily selling 300+ items without much effort. When this limitation happened I got concerned and started google searching, eBay sucks & I hate ebay, and found this forum.

I also started selling items on 1 of our personal accounts to supplement our sales due to the limitations. This personal account has no limitations or restrictions. However...

I'm now concerned that eBay may have linked our two accounts!

Unfortunately they are linked to the same PayPal account, which is our account for dedicated online store with our own domain. We use PayPal as our Merchant Processor for credit card transactions. Unfortunately we like PayPal's multi-shipping tool and find it very convenient.

eBay has given us the best Return on our marketing dollars and would love to keep using them.

Any thoughts on now to protect the personal accounts and what I should do first? By the way the 3 of us are located in different cities within California.

Thanks guys. I'd love to get back selling at a high volume and pay it forward to the next guy or gal.

Last edited by Break; 02-06-2013 at 11:11 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-06-2013

Longevity: 70%

Everything is linked. Here is my advice:

#1 Buy the book and read the forums.
#2 Take you time and make sure you have all important details down before you take the plunge.
#3 A long term account will not last with your friends or family names,info,etc. Have everything in your control.
Old 02-07-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks Stealth. We have the book.
Old 02-07-2013

Longevity: 66%

Welcome .
A sad story we see on a daily basis .
After reading the book (several times) you need to understand what went wrong with your current accounts.
Linking with paypals and ips no doubt.
Once you understand what not to do its easier to move forward .
Its easily acheived with stealth but you must get your plan of action right in the first place or bad things will keep happening .
Good luck
Old 02-07-2013

Longevity: 77%

OR do what I did, don't have to buy the book BUT read around the forums and save relevant links into shortcuts and name them to the relevant topic this way you get updated answers to all your questions.

My folder is full of different links that are renamed so much better idea
The Following User Says Thank You to Callidus For This Useful Post:
Break (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the tip hdavey10! That's exactly the type of tip I need.

I don't mind paying for the book. I see it as doing my part in contributing to this forum.

Any other tips guys?