Buying account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 02-12-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Buying account

Hey, all

I run a stealth account and use my broadband connection for it. Recently i found out my father has opened an ebay account for himself for buying stuff, and we use the same broadband connection.

Will this cause any problems?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-12-2013

Longevity: 65%
Send a message via Skype™ to AuctionsDenied

If something were to happen to either account, then both would possibly be linked.
Old 02-12-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 67%
Send a message via Skype™ to Ukdirect

Yes it would.

If you are selling anything high risk on you account I would recommend you stop straight away and setup a separate stealth account not using your broadband, so if everything does go wrong you don't take down your Dads account too in the process.

Also get the stealth guide!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukdirect For This Useful Post:
Packattack12 (02-13-2013)
Old 02-12-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

If you already used the same IP and user account it has already been linked.

If your account goes down so will hit most likely.

If it were me the only thing to do is take his account, new user account, clean cookies etc, new IP and see if it sticks.

Follow the stealth methods and his might by luck survive if yours goes down.

Slim chances but it is worth trying to protect his if you can.
Old 02-13-2013

Longevity: 66%

Wrong. If you are using completely different computers then you can be on the same broadband connection because the IP addresses will automatically be different for each computer. If you are using the same computer and didn't take any safeguard measures, then you're already linked and if your account goes down, so does your dads....then you will have some explaining to do.
Old 02-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

The valid point is that you should get off that IP stat.

Try tethering your phone or dongle - keep your account separate - dont use same computer or use different window user account.

If you have more questions, read the forums +/- get the stealth guide.

As Sandy_D stated, you may be already linked so best to get backup accounts going. But you can operate in the meantime as per my suggestion for getting your own IP.
Old 02-13-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost View Post
Wrong. If you are using completely different computers then you can be on the same broadband connection because the IP addresses will automatically be different for each computer. If you are using the same computer and didn't take any safeguard measures, then you're already linked and if your account goes down, so does your dads....then you will have some explaining to do.
Dont think so.

I use a row of computers and the IP is the same if I use IPBurger across all the computers.

I just checked 4 of them and all of them have the same IP as the one I am using now.

If I list an item right now on this laptop and do not change the IP and go and list on another computer it will link through the IP address as it does not change unless you change it.
Old 02-13-2013

Quote:
Where do you get this information from ?
You have 1 line coming into the property and 1 router = 1 ip address .
Amount of computers feeding from this router makes no difference at all.
You could have 100 pcs they would all have identical ips.
Old 02-13-2013
Threadstarter  

I asked him to stop using it completely. He's has it for 3-4 months now but only used it a couple times to buy things. Not used same pc, he uses his phone.

If he stops using it, will it be ok? I don't wana lose this account as it has over 10k feedback and is top rated and has been since 2 years. I've had the account for about 5 years.

Last edited by mogambo; 02-13-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Old 02-13-2013

Longevity: 68%

If I were you, I'd get a secure connection that only YOU have access too (ie mobile broadband, separate broadband connection, etc) . Don't think your at too much risk as your dad only uses the account for 'buying', so even though a link may have been established, he can do little damage so long as he sticks to just buying, and maintains his account. If your account goes down his is likely to follow, so he stands more to lose than you in this scenario.

Might also be a good idea to create some back ups just in case.
Old 02-13-2013

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Wrong! Your computer IP addresses will be different for your INTERNAL HOME NETWORK...but once you go out to the internet through that router and modem all the computers will have the same IP.

Sorry, but it's too late - your're already linked.
Old 02-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

We really need to start using diagrams to explain things!
Old 02-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogambo View Post
I asked him to stop using it completely. He's has it for 3-4 months now but only used it a couple times to buy things. Not used same pc, he uses his phone.

If he stops using it, will it be ok? I don't wana lose this account as it has over 10k feedback and is top rated and has been since 2 years. I've had the account for about 5 years.
May be OK. Get hold of his phone and run this program. aspkin designed it.

IP Burger - Track Your IP Address!

Check what IP shows.

Then run the same program on your own computer.

Check results there. You will have your answers and can take action accordingly.

Your main problem could be later if a manual review happens. If the account is OK, you may go under the radar.
Better to know now.
If you are not doing so, log your IPs. Helpful for the future
Old 02-14-2013

Longevity: 79%

that guys getting his I.p's mixed up.

sure each computer has a different i.p, its called internal.

but the i.p everyone is concerned about is the public i.p which will be the same for all computers on the same network at any one time < this is the one eby and PP use to catch you.

they get location information, provider information and so on the best they can.

So

3 computers on the same network will have 3 different internal i.p's but all have the same public one.

Regards the o.p - as advised, you need to get your own dedicated setup.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif

Last edited by Stigger; 02-14-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Old 02-14-2013

Longevity: 75%

Just get a dongle simple
Old 02-14-2013

Default sell your 10k acc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleX View Post
If I were you, I'd get a secure connection that only YOU have access too (ie mobile broadband, separate broadband connection, etc) . Don't think your at too much risk as your dad only uses the account for 'buying', so even though a link may have been established, he can do little damage so long as he sticks to just buying, and maintains his account. If your account goes down his is likely to follow, so he stands more to lose than you in this scenario.

Might also be a good idea to create some back ups just in case.
I think you selling acc +10k feedback is more valuable than Dads buying acc.

Why not close Dads acc and stealth him on a neww acc and or sell your 10k acc for a fortune here and start again....saying that coz as I see EB accs are not for ever!!
Old 02-15-2013
Threadstarter  

Would it be better if i ask him to close his account completely? I asked him to no log in or not use it ever again, he's not got a problem with that.

Or is it better just to leave it as is and not log in etc
Old 02-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

You cannot in reality close an e/b or p/p account as they retain all the info forever anyway.

Just leave it alone and never go back to it, forget it ever existed and move on to a new account and set up, stealth is recommended
Old 02-18-2013

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
both computers have same ip, if connecting to same wifi -fact

just both of you treat them carefully, if one go down, the other may or may not go down -do not assume anything, I have seen BOTH scenarios.

Last edited by missinglink; 02-18-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-19-2013

Default ip change external

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinglink View Post
both computers have same ip, if connecting to same wifi -fact

just both of you treat them carefully, if one go down, the other may or may not go down -do not assume anything, I have seen BOTH scenarios.
What ever you try to do you will have this senario...

any pc connecting to a single external internet connection from your premises will have 2 ip's

The first ip is your internal network ip this can change and if there is more than 1 pc at home then there will be times where ip's are changed.

Whatever these ip's are they are not important because the 2nd IMPORTANT ip is your internet providers EXTERNAL ip that is shown to the world.

The external ip is the important one!

Changing the internal ip wont change the external main ip.

Change the MAC (use TMAC v6, google it ) on the network card and reboot router and see the ip changes using www.ipburger, this shows your 2nd ip external
Old 02-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
We really need to start using diagrams to explain things!
Not needed MM78 - we have wonderful writeups
Old 02-20-2013

Default clouds ip

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Not needed MM78 - we have wonderful writeups
simplified for other readers....

this is not related to cloud computing its just a pictorial example

imagine 3 clouds in a row all 3 are connected with a straight line.

each cloud lets say has an ip addrees number. For ease of explanation lets just call them cloud1, coud2, cloud3

cloud1 ( ie home location) can have from 1 upto 255 max pc's connected all changing ( for various reasons not needed right now ) their ip's or just Static IP's we dont care here.

cloud 2 is the router/modem with its own ip and cloud3 is the outside world that sees only cloud3

anyone/site that cloud 3conects to will see ONLY cloud3 ip and only the cloud3 ip which is the internet providers IP that was given to cloud3 because it is connecting cloud2's router/modem

( IP Burger - Track Your IP Address! shows this cloud3 ip not any of cloud1 or cloud2 to to be concerned about)

so any connected pc's inside cloud1 ip address will not show what individual ip the pc has alone the line to cloud3

cloud3 ip address is what EB /PP see

this is written for an understanding just on a simplified concept then once grasped the inner tech details when looked at/learned will be much easier to grasp.

votes on a good explanation or? any teckies wana bash it? chnge it bend it correct it?

Last edited by rio382; 02-20-2013 at 06:40 AM.