MC999 after a day? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-15-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default MC999 after a day?

i bought stealth ebay with Paypal all verified. Brows it few days. list a used hard drive. next day i got MC999. ebay wants me to call them. if i call them then what should i expect from ebay? please help. can i use my cell phone which is not registered with ebay?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-16-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by azimbutt126 View Post
i bought stealth ebay with Paypal all verified. Brows it few days. list a used hard drive. next day i got MC999. ebay wants me to call them. if i call them then what should i expect from ebay? please help. can i use my cell phone which is not registered with ebay?
You will not know if you don't try. Try to call them (yes, you can call from cell phone which isn't registered on ebay).

There are some possible scenarios:
1. They will generate a little test from public databases by your registered details (like where did you live before, what is your car's color, etc). If you answer them right- your account will be unlocked.
2. They will ask to verify your phone number, will give you some advices about listing and you are good to go.
3. They will shut down your account.
The Following User Says Thank You to balzac For This Useful Post:
anthony (02-23-2013)
Old 01-20-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Can I ask what did you list?

Usually when you get hit with this in one day you either linked yourself or listed a risky item that drew attention.
Old 01-21-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 75%

used HDD is not recommended for 1st item
Old 01-21-2013

Yes, sometimes when you list risky items this happens. Luckily, all the items I've sold so far are kitchen appliances, so I'm safe.
Old 01-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

On any new account you want to list some household very low risk usually low dollar items. Unfortunately now days it takes months to get a new seller account to the point that eBay lets you list things with some freedom.
Old 01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by balzac View Post
You will not know if you don't try. Try to call them (yes, you can call from cell phone which isn't registered on ebay).

There are some possible scenarios:
1. They will generate a little test from public databases by your registered details (like where did you live before, what is your car's color, etc). If you answer them right- your account will be unlocked.
2. They will ask to verify your phone number, will give you some advices about listing and you are good to go.
3. They will shut down your account.

Were you really asked about the color of your car?
Old 02-06-2013

Longevity: 82%

They can see what number you are calling from, so I like to call from the number I registered with. Also, I only use male names that way I can make all my own MC999 calls without it being obvious that it's a stealth name.
Old 02-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Toll free numbers cannot be blocked with the number block feature so when placing the call, they will see your source number
Old 02-06-2013
Banned

Selling anything electronics is a no no on a new account in my opinion.

Major competition looking at new sellers and will report anything in minutes of posting it.
Old 02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by azimbutt126 View Post
Just call, it's no biggie.

They may ask for your previous address. Find an apartment complex and make up an apt number like 22f or something that is probably not a real apt number. Tell them you lived there for 10 years prior to your new address. You want a real address but a fak e apt number so that it doesn't show up as another registered user and blow your story.
I've had them ask for previous address a few times and I think they try to go back 10 years if possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to corleone For This Useful Post:
anthony (02-23-2013)
Old 02-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Selling anything electronics is a no no on a new account in my opinion.

Major competition looking at new sellers and will report anything in minutes of posting it.
Agreed, books and low cost household stuff. I had an account I started not to long ago I was going to list some Super Nintendo games for .99 cents. I listed one then tried to list a second and I had a category restriction. I always advise when starting a new account to auction of whatever cheap crap you have to get feedback and begin to build trust with eBay. It really does suck but you have to be extremely delicate with new accounts.
Old 02-12-2013

Longevity: 72%

This is happening to almost ALL of my new accounts, and I've been making accounts for a while. This is most likely NOT human error. I listed some office / desk items (like cupholder) and they were promptly removed after a few days; no real reason why they should've been either. Stealth Info, Different IPs, Different User Accounts, Different Cards, Different Everything..

I'm constantly getting the message;
"Your listings have been removed until we can talk with you."

This notice is starting to get very annoying..

What I've discovered is that IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU SELL. The ONLY work around seems to be "waiting" for the accounts to mature past a month and not listing something as soon as you have a seller account (definitely not within' 2 weeks). I've only gotten by on a few (which I've worked hard on), but about 75% of them all got shut down. Hard work and setup money gone to waste.

Last edited by exxomscp; 02-12-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-12-2013

Longevity: 67%

try giving them a call and the set up money wont go to waste...just be prepared
Old 02-13-2013

Longevity: 84%

I think I know the catch by now as I am also experiencing the same things with PTXCDEXIA

PTXCDEXIA do you list in your new accounts within 2 days upon creating it?

I will update if I found anything interested or useful so those getting mc999 within couple of days also update so we can get back to buss as soon as possible without getting our efforts wasted...
Old 02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone View Post
Just call, it's no biggie.

They may ask for your previous address. Find an apartment complex and make up an apt number like 22f or something that is probably not a real apt number. Tell them you lived there for 10 years prior to your new address. You want a real address but a fak e apt number so that it doesn't show up as another registered user and blow your story.
I've had them ask for previous address a few times and I think they try to go back 10 years if possible.
Last time I tried using a tactic I got from here, told them I just moved here from a foreign country. It worked, but I don't know if it works 100%
The Following User Says Thank You to random_user For This Useful Post:
anthony (02-23-2013)
Old 02-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

new accounts always list items under $10. T-shirts and other "garbage". You need feedback and the lower $$ items you sell the less likely ebay is to mess with you. Personally I always have some junk I auction off on new accounts not caring if I get a penny or $100. New accounts are all about seller feedback and gaining trust with ebay and paypal.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
anthony (02-23-2013), bruceuk (02-14-2013), GreenGhost (03-09-2013), Sandy D (02-14-2013)
Old 02-14-2013
Banned

Exactly!

That is why I always tell my customers and others to list yard sale, used household goods first.

Works for me all the time.

Box lot junk can be very useful when working and building one of my baby stealths into a solid powerseller account.
Old 02-14-2013

I list on very new accounts but only 99p auctions .
Dont expect an account to earn you any money straight away .
The opposite is usual .
I sell from day one but only items i can afford to give away , i do this for 90 days.
Then once the 21 day holds have gone and limits should have increased i then move the account into general circulation and then it starts paying me back .
Old 02-22-2013

Longevity: 77%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTXCDEXIA View Post
This is happening to almost ALL of my new accounts, and I've been making accounts for a while. This is most likely NOT human error. I listed some office / desk items (like cupholder) and they were promptly removed after a few days; no real reason why they should've been either. Stealth Info, Different IPs, Different User Accounts, Different Cards, Different Everything..

I'm constantly getting the message;
"Your listings have been removed until we can talk with you."

This notice is starting to get very annoying..

What I've discovered is that IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU SELL. The ONLY work around seems to be "waiting" for the accounts to mature past a month and not listing something as soon as you have a seller account (definitely not within' 2 weeks). I've only gotten by on a few (which I've worked hard on), but about 75% of them all got shut down. Hard work and setup money gone to waste.
touche! You are so correct. The only other option is to wait and marinate or throw good money after bad and that can be quite expensive after awhile. I got hit with a MC999 followed by this MC142 on ALL of my new accounts!

Hello ??????

As part of eBay's security efforts, your account has been suspended pending additional account verification. To appeal this suspension, please provide the following:

- A copy of your driver's license or other government-issued photo identification.
- A copy of the last 30 days of PayPal transaction history as proof of your PayPal account.
- A copy of a recent credit card statement clearly showing the first and last 4 digits of the card number, expiration date, and the billing address.
- If the ID and credit card statement don't show the address registered to your eBay account, you'll need to provide specific documentation that does, such as a utility bill or receipt (if the address is for a mail forwarding service).

Please fax this information to:
eBay Suspension Appeals
Fax number: 801-880-8754

-- Important --
Be sure that the documentation you submit includes the user ID and email address of the suspended account that you're appealing. If your fax doesn't contain this information, we won't be able to process it.

-- Privacy Note --
For your security, we'll destroy all of the documents you've submitted once we've made a decision about your appeal. If you're concerned about including your credit card number, you can black out all but the first and last 4 digits. However, your full name and address must be legible for us to process your request.

Once we receive your information, it will be reviewed within 48 to 72 hours and we'll send you an email to let you know the status of your account.

Unfortunately, during the suspension you won't be able to use eBay in any way, including using existing accounts or registering new accounts. Any remaining listing fees are due right away and will be charged to the billing method you selected.

We understand this may be an inconvenience for you. However, keeping the marketplace safe is our top priority.

Thanks,

eBay

H......

Once you get one of these, you are toast...
Old 02-23-2013

Send a message via Yahoo to anthony Send a message via Skype™ to anthony

This happens to you after you call ebay rep or you do nothing after you got mc999 ?
Old 02-23-2013

Longevity: 77%
Question MC142 Update

Just lost some more accounts last night that were just set up with 10/1000 already set up with no items listed. The MC 999 came first followed by the dreaded MC142 death penalty....I had a couple that i created approved for the standard 10/1000 with a good address (public records verified) for over 30 years etc. All i needed to do to raise my limit was "request higher selling limits" link and go on the automated public records verification that you can do online..i thought that i could just create the account get all of the PP infor verified and let it sit for 30 days or so and start trickling in little $5 and $10 items, but no chance.....