Experienced with ebay but not with paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-22-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Experienced with ebay but not with paypal

Hello Everyone,

I have been playing the stealth account for a couple years with general success although sometimes I still get the random link to a suspended user or abusing ebay.

Today my six year old premier paypal account was limited right after a new ebay account got suspended (nothing unusual there). I called paypal and I was told I need to verify my address (my phone number was a cell) they said I can fax a utility bill.

I have never had a problem just adding emails and this is a first problem (guess I have been lucky). The telephone rep said it was suspended on the ebay side and they would need to release the hold after I send in my proof of address. Should I even bother trying to save my account? I assume ebay will see all the emails I have used over the years and say YEA RIGHT!

I have been reading this forum off an on for years and am sure this has been addressed but I am sort of in panic mode.

Thanks for any help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-22-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

You should be able to get your Paypal account back... forget your eBay account though.

Also, simply adding ebay emails to Paypal to accept payments doesn't work anymore, as you can see. For new eBay accounts you create, you'll need to create a new Paypal account.
Old 05-22-2008
Threadstarter  

Like most people here ebay accounts don't mean anything but I would like my paypal account and the money in it.

I have been hearing that I can't just add emails but haven't had to worry about until today. This will make my "account every month" much more difficult... but I think thats the point.
Old 05-22-2008
Threadstarter  

Even if I get my paypal back I think I will have to wise up and use an alternative. Cartmanager with my google checkout seems like a good idea. I will have to read the forums to see if it can be easily used with changing accounts.
Old 05-22-2008

Longevity: 92%

merchant account is alot better for now and the long run, people only use paypal because alot of buyers trust it and you get your money right away.
Old 05-22-2008

Longevity: 94%

2exclusiive, don't be to sure! Ebay and Auz have seen the introduction of complusory paypal, and I still firmly believe this will soon be the case in the US as well. As ususal, we are used as guinea pigs, and then their ideas go mainstream.
Old 05-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

sucks doesnt it mantisinc, i hate using paypal.
Old 05-22-2008

using it outside of ebay is great
but with ebay
is a death sentence.
Old 05-22-2008

I have been using paypal only for about two months. I have had one ebay account go down, but no paypal limitations. I am hoping it stays this way and if it does I dont see the issue with using paypal.
Even if they do go down, it sounds like it is possible to salvage the money out of them.
A merchant account seems like a pain the neck. ie. Trying to get buyers to use it and trust it, also getting ebay to approve it.
Old 05-23-2008

yes, i do agree but when you wake up in the morning your merchant account will still be there up and running, but you cant say the same about your paypal account, it might be there it might not, so i just wouldn't take a risk

from getting your paypal account limited try as much as possible to verify everything, and make sure your balance is never a big amount like $1,000.00 try to use your account as little as possible.
Old 05-23-2008

I got my original paypal and ebay account back after it had been suspended for shill bidding, 7 dayer, abusing ebay also using google checkout and selling VERO items. I cant belive it It was also linked to suspended user.
I just did what they asked. I have 100% feedback 300+ positive 3 yr old account.

I though i would get wiped out again after about 4 weeks but it has been 8 weeks now.
I think we should try to get our older accounts reinstated.
I cant understand how they could permanatly ban you unless you do somthing really bad.
I think you will make it worse if you keep opening more and more accounts.

Just a thought
Old 05-23-2008

maybe it might get worse and worse
i might give my 5yr old account one more try.