Suspension means misleading official email spam to buyers causing chargebacks? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-25-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Suspension means misleading official email spam to buyers causing chargebacks?

I have an incoming suspension.

An unremovable nasty surprise selling restriction (suddenly unable to sell anything) has made it simply impossible for me to have the funds to pay past seller fees sooner than April.

There are hundreds of dollars of seller fees which were invoiced February 15th (and probably due by March 15th, where I'm guessing my account will get temporarily suspended then until my substantially later payment).

But my question is not whether or when to pay the seller fees. I'll pay them when I can (April) and don't have the funds, period, to pay them sooner.

My question is rather as follows:

I've heard that, if an account gets suspended, perhaps even if just for overdue seller fees, eBay sends enmasse emails to recent buyers (sometimes, usually, or always?). Reportedly, such have misleading phrases like "We recently removed all of this seller’s listings and have suspended the seller’s trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we will not be able to share further details related to this seller." "If you have already paid, you may wish to pursue options to recoup your funds."

Such encourages chargebacks, disputes, and, in practice, leads to opportunistic buyer fraud. Most people are decent, but some see an opportunity to do case chargebacks. For instance:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/suspens...ous-email.html
states
"After eBay suspended my account they sent the libelous email..... to all my recent customers and the disputes began to roll in for items that customers had already received."

Does anyone know, such as through their own experience:

1) Do they spam that email to buyers even when an account is just (temporarily) suspended for temporary non-payment of seller fees, or do they have some semi-decency in terms of only painting the seller as a scammer if suspended for more severe reasons?

2) How far back do they email buyers? Past week? Past 30 days? Past 60 days? My buyers by then would mainly be more than 30 days old, having received their items long ago. And most of them are decent people who would know better than such a misleading email anyway. But there were so many of them that, if even 5% (in the 30 to 45 day-old group) decided it was an opportunity to do a claim chargeback for a made up reason, it'd be a substantial deal monetarily.

Regardless of the answer to the above questions, I can't pay the eBay fees before too late anyway, but it would be helpful to know what will most likely happen, for multiple reasons, especially as I could spend hours writing and sending my own emails to buyers as a partially preemptive measure if relatively necessary.

Bonus question:

Although speaking of different circumstances than mine, speaking of an account still able to list items unlike mine, there is a very interesting post in http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-fe...p-listing.html by rond100 which told of a special tactic:

"You will get 15 - 18 days of listing allowed past the invoice date. At the point your card card with be declined twice. Now go in the account and make a one dollar payment and authorize the same card on file. This will allow you an additional 3 weeks of listings. If you know your billing cycles to can list for 65 days for the payment of one dollar. If you wish to continue to list at this point you have to pay all fees past and current. I believe this to be one of Modee tricks."

I can't list anything anyway, being already restricted (albeit not suspended yet), but it would be quite helpful if I could so delay the suspension.

3) I wonder if (a) that still works, as it is from way back in 2008, and (b) would it work when more than $200 is due?

Note there is reason reported elsewhere to suspect that more than $200 in past seller fees due is handled much differently than lesser amounts (down to how I've seen eBay seem to not even bill for sub-$1 amounts), but I don't know whether the prior quote was from experience with smaller or larger seller fees.

Probably nobody can answer most of these questions, but, if anybody could answer one, that'd be a start.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Can not say I have ever seen such an email going out for fees.

Occasions I recall have been related to vErO dramas. Longest one was 90 days. This was back in late 2008 early 2009.

Memory is cloudy regarding late fees.
But there's one reply which I hope helps.
Old 02-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Can not say I have ever seen such an email going out for fees.

Occasions I recall have been related to vErO dramas. Longest one was 90 days. This was back in late 2008 early 2009.

Memory is cloudy regarding late fees.
But there's one reply which I hope helps.
I agree, the last time I heard of anyone getting suspended for not paying the fees was 4 or 5 years ago. That was usually because their PayPal was limited first and then they told eBay to go shove it and never paid them.