if i dont use ebay, is there a limit on how much money i can accept via paypal? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-25-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default if i dont use ebay, is there a limit on how much money i can accept via paypal?

i have a few items id like to sell off ebay and im opening a brand new paypal account. i can have buyers send me payments, but is there a certain limit that i can accept before they freeze me?

i know when you sell on ebay there is the 21 day hold that is enforced, but what if like i accept a payment straight thru paypal? can i accept $1000 a day with no penalty? what if i sell something for $2500 in one shot? will they freeze it or do the new rules only apply to ebay sales?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-25-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Different rules.. but it's a very good idea to become verified and confirmed and even create a business account if you're going to start accepting that amount of money per day and expect to use it.
Old 05-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

To be honest, I would get a merchant account and use paypal and let your merchant account, take payments that size.
Old 05-26-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 93%

i am getting confirmed and verified both and i opened a premier account. i dont have suppliers so if i open a business account wouldnt they ask for a ton of business info and such?

ok im sorry guys let me revise my question- if i am confirmed and verified with a credit card and bank account confirmed, would they limit me if i just took a straight paypal payment for a sizeable amount of say $3000-$4000?

also what if i only did this like once a week- would that still raise a red flag for them to stop the payment?

and lets just say they do limit me, would a ss# and phone number be enough to get that money?

thanks guys and i think everyone should see this post because there are members out there who just do business via paypal and dont have the head to deal with ebay
Old 05-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

So are you saying you want to operate a paypal account NOT linked to ebay? Then if you are supplying all particulars to be verified right down to SSN & phone number the account would be established OK. I have a premier account like that but no SSN because it is not in the USA. I have spoken to paypal about funds coming into the account and had few problems. paypal just loves that you want to use them. [nearly puking here].
My thoughts are that if this is a stand-alone account {away from ebay}, you should be able to use it OK. BUT I would consider as suggested a Merchant account {as a safeguard}.