Am I safe from Paypal buyer scammers ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-03-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Am I safe from Paypal buyer scammers ?

What is going on guys. I have two accounts on paypal. One I use as my main for purchases and sells personally and the other one I haven't done really any sells on it or purchases.

My personal one has my current bank account and credit card # while the other one has a bank account and credit card that no longer exist. I current made a sell online with someone do not know to well on paypal for some expensive shoes. Soon as the payment came through I transferred the funds to my personal paypal account and now it is currently in transaction to my bank.

Now say the buyer tries the old "item not described" and wants a refund and I dispute it and lose will paypal take the money from the account the transaction went through or will they trace the money to the personal and try to take it from there or from my bank ?

someone let me know cause if so once the money hits my bank I will delete my bank info from paypal and block transactions from paypal.... Someone give me some advice please
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-03-2013
Threadstarter  

24 views and no one can help me out here lol
Old 03-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyd2wild View Post
Your original post was only made a few hours ago. There is no obligation to post a reply just because you read the thread.

Removing the bank account will not protect you. Assuming the Paypal accounts are in your real name, they would pursue you for recovery of the debt (assuming the buyer opened a INAD or INR case against you and you lost the case).
Old 03-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Also transferring the money between Paypal accounts wasn't the cleverest of moves. The chances are you have now linked the two accounts. This is likely to cause you problems further down the line, irrespective of any buyer claims.
Old 03-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ew-people.html

Forum is not running to meet your demands.

Avoid a repeat of this in future.
zoneout (03-03-2013)
Old 03-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
My personal one has my current bank account and credit card # while the other one has a bank account and credit card that no longer exist. I current made a sell online with someone do not know to well on paypal for some expensive shoes. Soon as the payment came through I transferred the funds to my personal paypal account and now it is currently in transaction to my bank.

someone let me know cause if so once the money hits my bank I will delete my bank info from paypal and block transactions from paypal.... Someone give me some advice please
Yeah, change your practises.
Avoid transferring between your own paypals. You are linked now.

Are you SO naive to think paypal is just going to say 'Oh Tony closed his bank, we will forget the money?'

I hope not.
Old 03-03-2013

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
What is going on guys. I have two accounts on paypal. One I use as my main for purchases and sells personally and the other one I haven't done really any sells on it or purchases.
To be quite honest I think the reason nobody responded was because your English is horrific. I could barely get past your first paragraph. The word is sales - not sells. Don't blame us for your lack of communication skills.
Old 03-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,924 Times in 8,216 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Dont be demanding - also clarity is necessary.

From what I read, you have sent money from one pp to another.

If pp decides to rule in buyer's favour, YES they can go and try to pull the money - either from other account or from your bank attached.

What will happen? Maybe nothing - or maybe both accounts will be limited...PP is not dumb - they do a LOT of risk analysis.

We deal a lot with MAYBEs - each case is different
Old 03-03-2013
Threadstarter  

Come on now guys you don't have to bash me because of my second post I wasn't demanding you answer my question I just noticed that so many people viewed the topic, I know you all have a a lot knowledge, information, and experience with this so that is why I believed I would have had a quick response. I am sorry for the bad grammar I was just so anxious and worried that I was typing so fast. Anyway I guess you guys are through trying to help me now. If anyone has any advice on what I should do at this point please let me know. They haven't filed a dispute yet and not guaranteed they will I just did this as a precaution. By the way how would PP take money from my bank if my account isn't connected ? I also have my bank blocking ebay and paypal from taking money out. Anyway if all goes well what is a good way to go about doing transactions like this next time? And again I am sorry for the OP.
Old 03-04-2013

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Come on now guys you don't have to bash me because of my second post I wasn't demanding you answer my question I just noticed that so many people viewed the topic, I know you all have a a lot knowledge, information, and experience with this so that is why I believed I would have had a quick response. I am sorry for the bad grammar I was just so anxious and worried that I was typing so fast. Anyway I guess you guys are through trying to help me now. If anyone has any advice on what I should do at this point please let me know. They haven't filed a dispute yet and not guaranteed they will I just did this as a precaution. By the way how would PP take money from my bank if my account isn't connected ? I also have my bank blocking ebay and paypal from taking money out. Anyway if all goes well what is a good way to go about doing transactions like this next time? And again I am sorry for the OP.
little bit confuse, why you were thinking that your customer gonna dispute the payment? if you were trully sent the right item with the right condition then we dont need to worry bout it right?

i just got impression that you actually sent the "item not described" to your customer and now getting ready facing the dispute forgive me for this wrong imppression
Old 03-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,924 Times in 8,216 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Why are you doing all this when 1st step is to deal with the buyer? Communication
Old 03-04-2013

Longevity: 71%

Yep rsot is right

I would communicate with the buyer first,if the buyer insist his refund tell him to send your package back and you will refund his money back.....You have a few days so transfer your money back from your main paypal to stealth and refund him $$$$$$

I was in the same situation a few times before and this method worked well for me
Old 03-05-2013

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Yeah, change your practises.
Avoid transferring between your own paypals. You are linked now.

Are you SO naive to think paypal is just going to say 'Oh Tony closed his bank, we will forget the money?'

I hope not.
that image is exactly how im feeling now lol
computer and coffee and tired lol
Old 03-07-2013
Threadstarter  

Well the buyer emailed me 2 weeks later after purchasing the item which was a pair of shoes and some clothing. I got a email "Send me back all of my money" I replied back and have not heard nothing from him yet. I am not trying to refund him if he doesn't send the item back and especially if I get the item back and the sneakers and clothes have all be worn and are ****ed up.. That is why I think I am going to get scammed.. He could send me back a box with weights in them or not try to send me nothing back at all..